Posted to alt.beer,rec.food.drink.beer

Default Kapsreiter Landbier

Man...this Euro lager is absolutely delicious. Lots of malt *and* hop
character and so nicely balanced... makes my taste buds want to jump up and
shout! <g> Seriously, if you see it around your neck of the woods, try it.
It's f*cking good!

Posted to alt.beer,rec.food.drink.beer

>Man...this Euro lager is absolutely delicious. Lots of malt *and* hop
>character and so nicely balanced... makes my taste buds want to jump up and
>shout! <g> Seriously, if you see it around your neck of the woods, try it.
>It's f*cking good!

I will look out for it. I've been enjoying these 4 pack .5 liter cans
of Bitburger lately. Really a nice macro and it evens out all the bocks
I've been drinking. One thing I noticed: a 4 pack of .5 liter cans goes
for $4.99, and one of those 5 liter keg cans costs $16.99!

So, 2 liters of beer for = $4.99 and 5 liters = $16.99? I asked at the
store if that keg can contained a magical last liter that was worth
charging me an extra seven bucks.

_Randal

Posted to alt.beer,rec.food.drink.beer

On Tue, 11 Apr 2006 19:02:48 -0600, "Bill Becker" >
wrote:

>Man...this Euro lager is absolutely delicious. Lots of malt *and* hop
>character and so nicely balanced... makes my taste buds want to jump up and
>shout! <g> Seriously, if you see it around your neck of the woods, try it.
>It's f*cking good!

Did you get the light or the dark version? It's brewed in Vienna by
the Ottakringer brewery; I've seen (and drunk) both versions in bars
there, but I didn't know they were exporting it now too.

--
Regards

Mike
Posted to alt.beer,rec.food.drink.beer

I got the Helles.

"Mike Roebuck" > wrote in message
> On Tue, 11 Apr 2006 19:02:48 -0600, "Bill Becker" >
> wrote:
>
>>Man...this Euro lager is absolutely delicious. Lots of malt *and* hop
>>character and so nicely balanced... makes my taste buds want to jump up
>>and
>>shout! <g> Seriously, if you see it around your neck of the woods, try it.
>>It's f*cking good!

> Did you get the light or the dark version? It's brewed in Vienna by
> the Ottakringer brewery; I've seen (and drunk) both versions in bars
> there, but I didn't know they were exporting it now too.
>
> --
> Regards
>
> Mike

Posted to alt.beer,rec.food.drink.beer

Mike Roebuck wrote:

> On Tue, 11 Apr 2006 19:02:48 -0600, "Bill Becker" >
> wrote:
>

>>Man...this Euro lager is absolutely delicious. [...]

> Did you get the light or the dark version? It's brewed in Vienna by
> the Ottakringer brewery [...]

Eh? The Kapsreiter brewery is based in Schärding, near the German
border, just south of Passau. Ottakringer doesn't brew anything
for Kapsreiter that I know of.
--
dgs

Posted to alt.beer,rec.food.drink.beer

On Mon, 01 May 2006 16:08:17 -0700, dgs > wrote:

>Mike Roebuck wrote:
>
>> On Tue, 11 Apr 2006 19:02:48 -0600, "Bill Becker" >
>> wrote:
>>

>>>Man...this Euro lager is absolutely delicious. [...]

>> Did you get the light or the dark version? It's brewed in Vienna by
>> the Ottakringer brewery [...]

>Eh? The Kapsreiter brewery is based in Schärding, near the German
>border, just south of Passau. Ottakringer doesn't brew anything
>for Kapsreiter that I know of.

That's new on me.

I'm certain it was originally brewed by Ottakringer. Maybe that's
changed for some reason?

--
Regards

Mike
Posted to alt.beer,rec.food.drink.beer
dgs dgs is offline

Mike Roebuck wrote:

> On Mon, 01 May 2006 16:08:17 -0700, dgs > wrote:
>
>>Mike Roebuck wrote:

>>>Did you get the light or the dark version? It's brewed in Vienna by
>>>the Ottakringer brewery [...]

>>Eh? The Kapsreiter brewery is based in Schärding, near the German
>>border, just south of Passau. Ottakringer doesn't brew anything
>>for Kapsreiter that I know of.

> That's new on me.

Eh, it happens.

> I'm certain it was originally brewed by Ottakringer. Maybe that's
> changed for some reason?

No change. I toured Ottakringer with the head brewer, Andreas Rosa,
last summer, talked plenty about the what they make, who owns them,
and all that. Ottakringer doesn't brew Kapsreiter.
--
dgs
Posted to alt.beer,rec.food.drink.beer

On Thu, 4 May 2006 17:40:32 GMT, dgs > wrote:

>Mike Roebuck wrote:

>>>Eh? The Kapsreiter brewery is based in Schärding, near the German
>>>border, just south of Passau. Ottakringer doesn't brew anything
>>>for Kapsreiter that I know of.

>> That's new on me.

>Eh, it happens.
>
>> I'm certain it was originally brewed by Ottakringer. Maybe that's
>> changed for some reason?

>No change. I toured Ottakringer with the head brewer, Andreas Rosa,
>last summer, talked plenty about the what they make, who owns them,
>and all that. Ottakringer doesn't brew Kapsreiter.

OK, thanks for the clarification then.

I discovered it many years ago in my local in Vienna, which is an
Ottakringer bar. I don't particularly like Ottakringer's draught beer,
so I was pleased to discover the bottled Kaps.

--
Regards

Mike

mikedotroebuckatgmxdotnet
Posted to alt.beer,rec.food.drink.beer

Mike Roebuck wrote:
> On Thu, 4 May 2006 17:40:32 GMT, dgs > wrote:
>

>>Mike Roebuck wrote:

>>>I'm certain it was originally brewed by Ottakringer. Maybe that's
>>>changed for some reason?

>>No change. I toured Ottakringer with the head brewer, Andreas Rosa,
>>last summer, talked plenty about the what they make, who owns them,
>>and all that. Ottakringer doesn't brew Kapsreiter.

> OK, thanks for the clarification then.
>
> I discovered it many years ago in my local in Vienna, which is an
> Ottakringer bar. I don't particularly like Ottakringer's draught beer,
> so I was pleased to discover the bottled Kaps.

My favorite Vienna pub for Ottakringer is Liebhart, which is just a
short walk away from the brewery. I can see why you might think that
Kapsreiter is part of Ottakringer, if you found their beer in an
Ottakringer pub, but that's not so unusual in Vienna, which is a
great city for beer-drinkin'. If only the Germans would adopt the
relative open-mindedness about beer that the Austrians have...
--
dgs
Posted to alt.beer,rec.food.drink.beer

"dgs" > wrote in message
>> My favorite Vienna pub for Ottakringer is Liebhart, which is just a

> short walk away from the brewery. I can see why you might think that
> Kapsreiter is part of Ottakringer, if you found their beer in an
> Ottakringer pub, but that's not so unusual in Vienna, which is a
> great city for beer-drinkin'. If only the Germans would adopt the
> relative open-mindedness about beer that the Austrians have...
> --
> dgs

:^) Thank you, thank you very much.

Btw, the last time I was in Vienna(1969) Gold Fassl was the beer of my
choice.

Posted to alt.beer,rec.food.drink.beer

On Fri, 05 May 2006 16:18:15 -0700, dgs > wrote:

>My favorite Vienna pub for Ottakringer is Liebhart, which is just a
>short walk away from the brewery. I can see why you might think that
>Kapsreiter is part of Ottakringer, if you found their beer in an
>Ottakringer pub, but that's not so unusual in Vienna, which is a
>great city for beer-drinkin'. If only the Germans would adopt the
>relative open-mindedness about beer that the Austrians have...

Yep. I take it you've visited the 1516 Brewing Company then?

--
Regards

Mike

mikedotroebuckatgmxdotnet
Posted to alt.beer,rec.food.drink.beer

Mike Roebuck wrote:

> On Fri, 05 May 2006 16:18:15 -0700, dgs > wrote:
>
>>[...] Vienna [...] is a
>>great city for beer-drinkin'. If only the Germans would adopt the
>>relative open-mindedness about beer that the Austrians have...

> Yep. I take it you've visited the 1516 Brewing Company then?

Yep, last summer. Nice Victory Hop Devil clone they have going
on there. Around the same time, Fischerbräu did a pretty decent
Belgian-style witbier, and there were a couple of interesting
goodies on Siebensternbräu. It almost made up for the LGI tract
bug that I got from the infected beer at one very small brewpub,
which shall remain unnamed (both brewpub and bug). There's also
a decent little Belgian-beer specialty pub; I wish I could remember
where it is. I want to say out in the Ottakring 'hood, walking
distance from Liebhart (the great Ottakringer pub near the brewery),
but I'm not sure of that.
--
dgs