Posted to alt.beer,rec.food.drink.beer
dgs[_1_] dgs[_1_] is offline

Default Kapsreiter Landbier

Mike Roebuck wrote:

> On Fri, 05 May 2006 16:18:15 -0700, dgs > wrote:
>
>>[...] Vienna [...] is a
>>great city for beer-drinkin'. If only the Germans would adopt the
>>relative open-mindedness about beer that the Austrians have...

> Yep. I take it you've visited the 1516 Brewing Company then?

Yep, last summer. Nice Victory Hop Devil clone they have going
on there. Around the same time, Fischerbräu did a pretty decent
Belgian-style witbier, and there were a couple of interesting
goodies on Siebensternbräu. It almost made up for the LGI tract
bug that I got from the infected beer at one very small brewpub,
which shall remain unnamed (both brewpub and bug). There's also
a decent little Belgian-beer specialty pub; I wish I could remember
where it is. I want to say out in the Ottakring 'hood, walking
distance from Liebhart (the great Ottakringer pub near the brewery),
but I'm not sure of that.
--
dgs