Posted to alt.beer,rec.food.drink.beer
dgs[_1_] dgs[_1_] is offline

Default Kapsreiter Landbier

Mike Roebuck wrote:
> On Thu, 4 May 2006 17:40:32 GMT, dgs > wrote:
>

>>Mike Roebuck wrote:

>>>I'm certain it was originally brewed by Ottakringer. Maybe that's
>>>changed for some reason?

>>No change. I toured Ottakringer with the head brewer, Andreas Rosa,
>>last summer, talked plenty about the what they make, who owns them,
>>and all that. Ottakringer doesn't brew Kapsreiter.

> OK, thanks for the clarification then.
>
> I discovered it many years ago in my local in Vienna, which is an
> Ottakringer bar. I don't particularly like Ottakringer's draught beer,
> so I was pleased to discover the bottled Kaps.

My favorite Vienna pub for Ottakringer is Liebhart, which is just a
short walk away from the brewery. I can see why you might think that
Kapsreiter is part of Ottakringer, if you found their beer in an
Ottakringer pub, but that's not so unusual in Vienna, which is a
great city for beer-drinkin'. If only the Germans would adopt the
relative open-mindedness about beer that the Austrians have...
--
dgs