J. Alstrom

Default Anheuser-Busch Knocked Down To #3

Now they have to buy someone else out ...

http://beeradvocate.com/forum/read.php?thread=570909

Jason Alstrom
--
BeerAdvocate.com New England Beer Fest - October 29th 2005
http://beeradvocate.com/fests/

dgs

J. Alstrom wrote:

> Now they have to buy someone else out ...
>
> http://beeradvocate.com/forum/read.php?thread=570909

Quoted from the original source in
<http://stlouis.bizjournals.com/stlouis/stories/2005/10/03/daily66.html>:

"More than 98 percent of London-based SABMiller's shareholders approved
the deal, which makes SABMiller the world's second-largest brewer behind
Belgium's InBev, and bumps St. Louis-based Anheuser-Busch Cos. Inc. to
third place."

So, there are at least a couple of ways to measure "largest." One is by
financial turnover; the other is by volume of production. The SLBJ
article seems to rank the megabrewers on production volume, rather than
financial turnover; I recall that A-B still held the edge over InBev in
that regard. What's the situation now? Any sources out there to
clarify? Earth to Lew: got some numbers for us?
--
dgs

Lew Bryson

"dgs" > wrote in message
> J. Alstrom wrote:
>> Now they have to buy someone else out ...
>> http://beeradvocate.com/forum/read.php?thread=570909

> Quoted from the original source in
> <http://stlouis.bizjournals.com/stlouis/stories/2005/10/03/daily66.html>:
>
> "More than 98 percent of London-based SABMiller's shareholders approved
> the deal, which makes SABMiller the world's second-largest brewer behind
> Belgium's InBev, and bumps St. Louis-based Anheuser-Busch Cos. Inc. to
> third place."
>
> So, there are at least a couple of ways to measure "largest." One is by
> financial turnover; the other is by volume of production. The SLBJ
> article seems to rank the megabrewers on production volume, rather than
> financial turnover; I recall that A-B still held the edge over InBev in
> that regard. What's the situation now? Any sources out there to
> clarify? Earth to Lew: got some numbers for us?

A-B still had the edge on InBev in sales by dollars/money due to its large
position in the U.S. market, a market InBev has taken direct aim at. They're
launching Brahma here in a big way, very soon: test-marketing has already
begun. But where this puts SAB/Miller...dunno. They've obviously got a big
U.S. position as well. But margins in Europe are shockingly low, and I doubt
anyone would be shocked by how low Latin American margins are. Sorry,
nothing hard at this point.

--
Lew Bryson

"As for talking shit in this NG, Lew, you're the undisputed king, and
that's no SHITE." -- Bob Skilnik, 1/31/02

www.lewbryson.com

Anheuser-Busch graham General Cooking 93 03-03-2013 11:15 PM
Anheuser-Busch InBev yieeedyaiegssse Beer 0 11-09-2008 06:00 PM
Anheuser-Busch InBev [email protected] Beer 2 17-07-2008 03:04 PM
Anheuser-Busch's Beach Bum Blonde Ale Makes a Splash with Beer Lovers J. Alstrom Beer 1 05-06-2006 10:25 PM
Anheuser-Busch To Offer Buckeye Brew (Arrgh! - GH) Garrison Hilliard General 1 06-04-2006 04:56 AM