st

Default Wieselburger (Austria)

Anyone know if this is available anywhere else other than Austria, and
what costs would be involved in buying a small amount online or
whatever and having it shipped to Australia?

Amazing beer - discovered it in Innsbruck, but haven't seen it
anywhere else other than Vienna and Salzburg.

Ideas?
Michael

st wrote:
> Anyone know if this is available anywhere else other than Austria, and
> what costs would be involved in buying a small amount online or
> whatever and having it shipped to Australia?

Hi!
I'm from Austria. I could send you some bottles, but shipping from here
is really expensive. For nine bottles it'S about 60 Euro from here ti
Australia....

> Amazing beer - discovered it in Innsbruck, but haven't seen it
> anywhere else other than Vienna and Salzburg.

Do you really like Wieselburger? I don't like it very much... What kind
of Wieselburger do you like

> Ideas?

Maybe you can ask the brewery (http://www.wieselburger.at/), if they
export Wieselburger to australia, but i would not bet on it.

Cheers, Michael

--
www.brauereifuehrer.com - All about Austrian Breweries
st

On Thu, 10 Jun 2004 13:52:10 +0200, Michael > wrote:

>st wrote:
>> Anyone know if this is available anywhere else other than Austria, and
>> what costs would be involved in buying a small amount online or
>> whatever and having it shipped to Australia?

>Hi!
>I'm from Austria. I could send you some bottles, but shipping from here
>is really expensive. For nine bottles it'S about 60 Euro from here ti
>Australia....

Its a little expensive. I'm a poor student

>> Amazing beer - discovered it in Innsbruck, but haven't seen it
>> anywhere else other than Vienna and Salzburg.

>Do you really like Wieselburger? I don't like it very much... What kind
>of Wieselburger do you like

I don't remember. It was just on the shelves in supermarkets/available
in bars. A girl recommended it to me. Tried it, fell in love with it.
It had that flip-top thing. Hmm.

>> Ideas?

>Maybe you can ask the brewery (http://www.wieselburger.at/), if they
>export Wieselburger to australia, but i would not bet on it.

I had a look but it wasn't feasible.
st

Oh, another thing. Is the Eggenberg in Austria the same one that is
brewed in Cesky Krumlov in the Czech Republic? I remember visiting the
brewery in Krumlov.
Michael

st wrote:
> Oh, another thing. Is the Eggenberg in Austria the same one that is
> brewed in Cesky Krumlov in the Czech Republic? I remember visiting the
> brewery in Krumlov.

No it's not the same. The brewery in the czech republic belonged in the
17th century to a german speaking familiy. It's possible that this
familiy had contacts to the brewers in Austria (in this time Krumlov
belonged to Austria) but i don't know. The difference between the two
breweries is quite great. In Krumlov the brew typical czech beer, in
vorchdorf (upper austria) the brewery produces normal austrian beers and
some specialties like a Whiskey-Beer, a Doppelbock, and the own the
licence of the famous "Samichlaus".

Just a word to Wieselbuger. The beer you preferd is quite good. It's
know as Wieselburger-Stammbräu. BUt the have some more (Gold, Spezial)
which are really bad.

Cheers, Michael

--
www.brauereifuehrer.com - All about austrian breweries