Bruce

Default Anheuser World Select

"Anheuser World Select"

"Ten Brewmasters - Four Continents - One Beer"

Has anyone tried this beer?

I had a sample at Andy's <http://www.andyscornerbar.com>, Northern New
Jersey's premier beer bar three weeks back. Some intial flavor but no
finish whatsoever. We sampled it side by side with Bud from the tap.
It wasn't much better. This week I was in Andy's when the Bud salesman
was in. He was trying to get the owners to purchase more of the stuff
but they weren't interested. They couldn't sell the initial keg and
didn't want any more. A funny side note is that while at Andy's the Bud
salesman was drinking non A-B product. When I questioned him on this he
stated he was checking out the competition. (I did not know that A-B was
scared of the likes of Victory or Flying Fish!).

Bruce
Chuck Noll

I agree with your assessment of World Select. We were convinced to
try it at the GABF by the A-B rep who was actually a pretty nice guy
and knew beer fairly well. He did not blindly shill for A-B products.

I also experienced the same issue with the Stout at A-B (Bare
Knuckle?). It had decent flavor at first but then just drifted away
into nothingness. Probably a good stout for beginners. The other
interesting thing was that they were serving it with nitrogen, but had
the keg so iced down that the flavor was missing entirely at first.
At our suggestion, they re-arranged things to allow the beer to be
served at a better temperature which improved the overall taste.
Another example of the rep being reasonable. Unfortunately he was
only there the first night. The other two sessions we attended the
booth was run by a couple of young guys who walked in with a chip on
their shoulder regarding the anticipated opinion of their product at
the GABF. They felt like they were beer experts when all they were
were salesmen for a large company that happens to produce beer.
Consequently the stout was back on ice and the taste was again
missing.

On Fri, 31 Oct 2003 13:09:18 GMT, Bruce >
wrote:

>"Anheuser World Select"
>
>"Ten Brewmasters - Four Continents - One Beer"
>
>Has anyone tried this beer?
>
>I had a sample at Andy's <http://www.andyscornerbar.com>, Northern New
>Jersey's premier beer bar three weeks back. Some intial flavor but no
>finish whatsoever. We sampled it side by side with Bud from the tap.
>It wasn't much better. This week I was in Andy's when the Bud salesman
>was in. He was trying to get the owners to purchase more of the stuff
>but they weren't interested. They couldn't sell the initial keg and
>didn't want any more. A funny side note is that while at Andy's the Bud
>salesman was drinking non A-B product. When I questioned him on this he
>stated he was checking out the competition. (I did not know that A-B was
>scared of the likes of Victory or Flying Fish!).
>
>Bruce

notbob

On 2003-10-31, Chuck Noll > wrote:

> the GABF. They felt like they were beer experts when all they were
> were salesmen for a large company that happens to produce beer.

Sounds like the Microsoft booth at the LinuxWorld show ....arrogant,
but clueless.

nb
kilikini

I was given a sample of this A-B product at my local watering hole and found
it to be expectedly skunky - hey, green bottle, right? It was more skunky
than a bud, but lighter than a Heineken; less body.

Not a do-over.

The pub can't sell what they've got either.

My 2 cents....

DHango

>> the GABF. They felt like they were beer experts when all they were
>> were salesmen for a large company that happens to produce beer.

>Sounds like the Microsoft booth at the LinuxWorld show ....arrogant,
>but clueless.
>
>nb

I was with Chuck during this adventure and can tell you thet the rep was not
arrogant and actually took to heart some of our comments - we being reasonably
knowledgable beer commonsewers. However, the next two days saw the return of
the clueless hordes from A-B. At least they did a better job of serving the
stout.

Dave

Walt Mankowski

On 2003-10-31, Bruce > wrote:
> I had a sample at Andy's <http://www.andyscornerbar.com>, Northern New
> Jersey's premier beer bar three weeks back. Some intial flavor but no
> finish whatsoever. We sampled it side by side with Bud from the tap.

North Jersey's "premier beer bar" has Bud on tap?! I'm glad I live in
Philly...

Walt
Bruce

Walt Mankowski wrote:

> North Jersey's "premier beer bar" has Bud on tap?! I'm glad I live in
> Philly...

It helps pay the rent according to the owner. All the other taps and
the two handpumps are from Micros and occasional imports. They also
have an extensive bottle selection.

Bruce

Anheuser-Busch graham General Cooking 93 03-03-2013 11:15 PM
Anheuser-Busch InBev yieeedyaiegssse Beer 0 11-09-2008 06:00 PM
Anheuser-Busch InBev [email protected] Beer 2 17-07-2008 03:04 PM
Anheuser-Busch To Offer Buckeye Brew (Arrgh! - GH) Garrison Hilliard General 1 06-04-2006 04:56 AM
Anheuser-Busch Knocked Down To #3 J. Alstrom Beer 2 09-10-2005 04:25 AM