Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Default Alton Brown smoker without electricity?

kilikini wrote:
:: > wrote in message
:: oups.com...
:::
::: Steve Calvin wrote:
:::: Dave Bugg wrote:
::::: wrote:
:::::
:::::
:::::: I don't know anyone with a Smokey Joe, so that idea's out.
Anybody got
:::::: some real advice?
:::::
:::::
::::: Well, real advice has been given, and you've been an ungrateful
boorish lout
::::: about it all. You can dig a pit in the ground then ring the pit
with rocks.
::::: In another fire ring, burn down local wood (preferably hardwood)
into coals.
::::: Shovel the coals into the pit. Then prior to placing a cheap
grate on top of
::::: the rocks, jump in and go to hell.
:::::
::::: Some folks are just big weenies.
:::::
::::
:::: As usual Dave. You speak the truth. Personally, I agree
:::: witht the troll and "weenie" sentiments.
::::
:::: He's been given good advice if he want's good q'ing
:::: equipment.
:::
::: No, I got your worthless, down's syndrome ass telling me to buy a
Weber
::: Smokey Mountain, when I never ****ing asked you about a Weber
Smokey
::: Mountain. I asked how to convert an Alton Brown smoker into a
::: non-electric smoker - your dumb ass says "buy a Weber Smokey
Mountain"
::: which is not what I asked about. Your "good advice" is not only
****ing
::: stupid, it's completely off-topic and meaningless. IF I had asked
you
::: what kind of metal smoker to buy, and IF I had asked whether or
not I
::: should buy a Weber Smokey Mountain, your idiot reply might have
made
::: sense. But I didn't, so you saying to buy a Weber Smokey Montain
when I
::: had asked how to convert an Alton Brown Smoker means you have
roughly
::: the IQ of a baby with fetal alcohol syndrome.
:::
:::
::
:: Holding off until her hubby reads this thread. LOL. He'll be
*all* over
:: it. :~)
::
:: kili

;-)

BOB

--
Raw Meat Should NOT Have An Ingredients List

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

BOB wrote:

> You want pulled
> pork, brisket, ribs or maybe chicken?

Yes!!

--
Dave
www.davebbq.com

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

You set it on a bed of coals you ****ing nimrod!

> So why is your single-digit IQ ass telling me to buy a Smokey Joe, when
> it has nothing to do with what I asked in the original post?

What was it you asked in the op? How to use an electric, clay pot
smoker in the woods.

Who's got the single digit IQ now?

Do you
> enioy making dumbass replies that are completely irrelevant to the post
> you're replying to?

I do, but I'm not Steve.

Do you have some sort of fetish for answering
> questions with off-topic answers that have nothing to do with the
> questions?

Again, yes.

Now a question for you.

You want to smoke meat in the woods yet your only solution to your
problem is to make a clay pot smoker you saw on TV work without electricity.

Question : Are there trees in the woods?

C'mon now, it's an easy one.

--
TFM®
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

TFM® wrote:

> Question : Are there trees in the woods?
>
> C'mon now, it's an easy one.

Urrrrp!!!! Good stuff, Bob. Nothing better than good 'Q, good friends, and
good entertainment :-)

--
Dave
www.davebbq.com

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Dave Bugg wrote:
:: BOB wrote:
::
::: You want pulled
::: pork, brisket, ribs or maybe chicken?
::
:: Yes!!
::
:: --
:: Dave
:: www.davebbq.com

Heh heh. You and Danny. Cook BBQ all week and still love the stuff.

BOB

--
Raw Meat Should NOT Have An Ingredients List

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

TFM® wrote:

> A big round of applause for that one Dave!

Thanks, man. Now I gotta go find my terra cotta crappa.
--
Dave
www.davebbq.com

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

wrote:

>>>Well, real advice has been given, and you've been an ungrateful boorish lout
>>>about it all. You can dig a pit in the ground then ring the pit with rocks.
>>>In another fire ring, burn down local wood (preferably hardwood) into coals.
>>>Shovel the coals into the pit. Then prior to placing a cheap grate on top of
>>>the rocks, jump in and go to hell.
>>>
>>>Some folks are just big weenies.
>>>

>>As usual Dave. You speak the truth. Personally, I agree
>>witht the troll and "weenie" sentiments.
>>
>>He's been given good advice if he want's good q'ing
>>equipment.

> No, I got your worthless, down's syndrome ass telling me to buy a Weber
> Smokey Mountain, when I never ****ing asked you about a Weber Smokey
> Mountain.

Steve's not retarded. I am. The proof is in my replies to you. (Well,
maybe Steve *is* retarded after all)

I asked how to convert an Alton Brown smoker into a
> non-electric smoker

You've been told, biatch, build a ****ing fire and use it.

- your dumb ass says "buy a Weber Smokey Mountain"

My dumb-ass says that too. WSM is good shit Maynard!

> which is not what I asked about. Your "good advice" is not only ****ing
> stupid, it's completely off-topic and meaningless.

That's what we strive for here.

IF I had asked you
> what kind of metal smoker to buy, and IF I had asked whether or not I
> should buy a Weber Smokey Mountain, your idiot reply might have made
> sense.

Nope, he'd have told you to go **** yerself anyway just because you're
trolling.

But I didn't, so you saying to buy a Weber Smokey Montain when I
> had asked how to convert an Alton Brown Smoker means you have roughly
> the IQ of a baby with fetal alcohol syndrome.

Sounds like you're familiar with that syndrome.

--
TFM®
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

www.davebbq.com

> Cavalier attitude and making a big show about it... not referencing or
> acknowledging anything in my reply where i slapped you around (because
> you know I'm right and you can't prove me wrong)... yep. Your fat ass
> is doing the "I was put in my place" dance.

Outhouse) a few years ago before he got forcibly ejected.

Only ejection alternative here is a killfile and I'll gladly use it on
the likes of him.

--
TFM®
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

www.davebbq.com

>>>That's what I thought. I'll take your backpedaling to mean you concede
>>>and admit you were wrong.
>>>

>>Try again, moron.

> Ok. He's embarrassed about being admonished and knows he can't prove me
> wrong (and also knows that I have a point), and saying "yawn" allows
> him some ammunition without addressing anything I said in my post,

Listen up, stupid shit!

You wanted to know how to run a clay pot smoker while camping without
electricity.

You've been told to use coals.

If that's not satisfactory, you're ****ed.

There is no other alternative short of renting a generator.

Let Mommy have her computer back now.

--
TFM®
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

www.davebbq.com

> Here, Dave, have a beer. It's ice cold. Need some BBQ from my
> Stump's? Or are you not eating BBQ on the weekends?
>
> BOB

Ahem!

I'm watching too.

I'll take some of whatever you're cooking.

.......and a cold-ass beer.

--
TFM®

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

wrote:

>>>I don't know anyone with a Smokey Joe, so that idea's out. Anybody got
>>>some real advice?

>>You ask for advice in your very first post to this advice-rich and very
>>knowledgeable ng, and then you insinuate that the very reason you
>>posted here is not important to you (So why did you waste our time in
>>the first place?!)

> When did I do that? I asked about an Alton Btown smoker, did I or did I
> not? Why don't you check yourself.

Here's what you said, mother****er,

"Because I'm spending all my money on camping equipment, and don't want
to waste $100+ on something as unimportant as a smoker."

> That's because it IS beneath me, and it IS worthless. When I asked how
> to convert an Alton Brown smoker to not use electricity,

You were told to use fire. Mommy won't let you play with matches yet?

Go **** yerself then.

and then some
> stupid sub-human level IQ shithead

Heh, that was your post you're referring to.

says to buy a Weber Smokey Mountain,
> and another dumb**** says to borrow a Smokey Joe, that is worthless
> advice.

It would be worthless to someone like yourself who has no friends from
which to borrow such things.

--
TFM®
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

TFM® wrote:
:: BOB wrote:
::: Dave Bugg wrote:
::::: wrote:
:::::
::::: doink.....doink. (the sound of a pointy stick making contact)
:::::
::::: Sitting back with some chips and watching the entertainment
continue.
::::: --
::::: Dave
:::::
www.davebbq.com
:::
::: Here, Dave, have a beer. It's ice cold. Need some BBQ from my
::: Stump's? Or are you not eating BBQ on the weekends?
:::
::: BOB
:::
:::
::
:: Ahem!
::
:: I'm watching too.
::
:: I'll take some of whatever you're cooking.
::
:: ......and a cold-ass beer.

:: --
:: TFM®

Shit. I thought that you knew where the serving table was. I *KNOW*
you know where the beer cooler is.

BOB

--
Raw Meat Should NOT Have An Ingredients List

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

" BOB" > wrote:
> ::
> :: The key to this approach is to keep the fire small, so you don't
> want
> :: to be cooking large pieces of meat. Here's where spending a little
> :: money will pay dividends. I'd use the best cuts you can afford. I
> once
> :: had some Kobe beef cooked for fourteen hours in a flower pot and it
> :: was just about the best steak I've ever eaten. A pork tenderloin
> would
> :: be good too. Ribs wouldn't be a good choice typically becuase they
> are
> :: long and narrow and wouldn't fit the cooler properly. You don't
> want
> :: the fire too close to the edge.
> ::
> :: Parboiling the cuts will help them cook faster and more evenly. All
> :: you really need for a rub is salt, pepper and ketchup. but some
> people
> :: like to use mayonaise too. It's a matter of taste.
> ::
> :: I hope you enjoy your camping trip.
>
> ROTFL MAO! Nice job. I hope he takes your advise.

Radar forgot the Liquid Smoke!

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Steve Wertz wrote:
:: On Sun, 30 Apr 2006 00:02:57 GMT, TFM® wrote:
::
::: Or you can build a controlled fire in a pile of rocks with a grate
::: somewhere above and turn out magnificent BBQ.
::
:: But he wants to use terra cotta! <snort>
::
:: -sw

Then he can take lots of terra cotta pots and make a pile of *terra
cotta rocks* with the grate, after all the pots crack and fall apart.
Problem solved.

BOB

--
Raw Meat Should NOT Have An Ingredients List

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Sat, 29 Apr 2006 15:09:18 -0700, "Dave Bugg" >
wrote:

>Radar wrote:
>
>> I hope you enjoy your camping trip.

>ROTFLOL!!!! You evil, evil man. :-)

I was going to PLONK that guy, but the entertainment value is great,
so I'll hang in there.

Harry

Posting while sitting on a ceramic pot [but mine is equipped with
running water ;o)
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Harry Demidavicius wrote:
:: On Sat, 29 Apr 2006 15:09:18 -0700, "Dave Bugg"

:: wrote:
::
::: Radar wrote:
:::
:::: I hope you enjoy your camping trip.
:::
::: ROTFLOL!!!! You evil, evil man. :-)
::
:: I was going to PLONK that guy, but the entertainment value is
great,
:: so I'll hang in there.
::
:: Harry
::
:: Posting while sitting on a ceramic pot [but mine is equipped with
:: running water ;o)

TMI!

BOB

--
Raw Meat Should NOT Have An Ingredients List

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Sat, 29 Apr 2006 22:52:08 -0400, " BOB" > wrote:

wrote:
>:: " BOB" > wrote:
>:::::
>::::: The key to this approach is to keep the fire small, so you don't
>::: want
>::::: to be cooking large pieces of meat. Here's where spending a
>little
>::::: money will pay dividends. I'd use the best cuts you can afford.
>::: once
>::::: had some Kobe beef cooked for fourteen hours in a flower pot and
>it
>::::: was just about the best steak I've ever eaten. A pork tenderloin
>::: would
>::::: be good too. Ribs wouldn't be a good choice typically becuase
>they
>::: are
>::::: long and narrow and wouldn't fit the cooler properly. You don't
>::: want
>::::: the fire too close to the edge.
>:::::
>::::: Parboiling the cuts will help them cook faster and more evenly.
>All
>::::: you really need for a rub is salt, pepper and ketchup. but some
>::: people
>::::: like to use mayonaise too. It's a matter of taste.
>:::::
>::::: I hope you enjoy your camping trip.
>:::
>::: ROTFL MAO! Nice job. I hope he takes your advise.
>:::
>:: Radar forgot the Liquid Smoke!
>::
>Shhhh. Can't be giving away all our secrets.
>
>BOB

A little Liquid Smoke in the boiling water would be a good idea, if
you don't feel you get enough flavor from the pine needles. It's an
especially good idea in a camping scenario because Liquid Smoke is an
effective bear repellant, and you'd want to have it along in any case.
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Radar wrote:

> A little Liquid Smoke in the boiling water would be a good idea, if
> you don't feel you get enough flavor from the pine needles. It's an
> especially good idea in a camping scenario because Liquid Smoke is an
> effective bear repellant, and you'd want to have it along in any case.

An effective bear repellant it may be, but it tends to draw crowds of n00bs.

<RANT>
I'm reminded of the time I had a big wild cherry bonfire going up in
Tennessee.

Somebody suggested I cook something on it since I *am* the master.

I said, "Fine. Bring them groceries on!"

The coals were ready and waiting and it had been too long for the dead
chicken parts to have come out of the house.

When I went inside I was aghast. The dead chicken parts were in a pot
of water on the stove approaching a boil.

If you know me, you know what came out of my mouth at that sight was
less than pleasant.

At any rate, the dead chicken parts were *finished* on good cherry coals
while I cussed the boilers like red-headed step children.

</RANT>

--
TFM®
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Dave Bugg" > wrote:
> TFM® wrote:
>
> > Question : Are there trees in the woods?
> >
> > C'mon now, it's an easy one.

> Urrrrp!!!! Good stuff, Bob. Nothing better than good 'Q, good friends,
> and good entertainment :-)

Yup! Looks like TFM's takin' the gloves off. I'm just gonna sit back with a
drink and enjoy the movie. °~D

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Dave Bugg" > wrote:
> TFM® wrote:
>
> > A big round of applause for that one Dave!

> Thanks, man. Now I gotta go find my terra cotta crappa.

Dave, let the crap dry and ship it ta this guy.
I hear it makes lots of smoke! ;-)

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Radar > wrote:
> On Sat, 29 Apr 2006 22:52:08 -0400, " BOB" > wrote:
> wrote:
> >:: " BOB" > wrote:
> >:::::
> >::::: The key to this approach is to keep the fire small, so you don't
> >::: want
> >::::: to be cooking large pieces of meat. Here's where spending a
> >little
> >::::: money will pay dividends. I'd use the best cuts you can afford.
> >::: once
> >::::: had some Kobe beef cooked for fourteen hours in a flower pot and
> >it
> >::::: was just about the best steak I've ever eaten. A pork tenderloin
> >::: would
> >::::: be good too. Ribs wouldn't be a good choice typically becuase
> >they
> >::: are
> >::::: long and narrow and wouldn't fit the cooler properly. You don't
> >::: want
> >::::: the fire too close to the edge.
> >:::::
> >::::: Parboiling the cuts will help them cook faster and more evenly.
> >All
> >::::: you really need for a rub is salt, pepper and ketchup. but some
> >::: people
> >::::: like to use mayonaise too. It's a matter of taste.
> >:::::
> >::::: I hope you enjoy your camping trip.
> >:::
> >::: ROTFL MAO! Nice job. I hope he takes your advise.
> >:::
> >:: Radar forgot the Liquid Smoke!
> >::
> >Shhhh. Can't be giving away all our secrets.
> >

> A little Liquid Smoke in the boiling water would be a good idea, if
> you don't feel you get enough flavor from the pine needles. It's an
> especially good idea in a camping scenario because Liquid Smoke is an
> effective bear repellant, and you'd want to have it along in any case.

Maybe he wants to attract a bear. And he's not there for the hunt! ;-)

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

That would get the smoker too hot you ****ing nimrod...

> > So why is your single-digit IQ ass telling me to buy a Smokey Joe, when
> > it has nothing to do with what I asked in the original post?

> What was it you asked in the op? How to use an electric, clay pot
> smoker in the woods.
>
> Who's got the single digit IQ now?

You, for being too stupid to understand that I was asking how to
convert it so that it no longer used electricity.

> Do you
> > enioy making dumbass replies that are completely irrelevant to the post
> > you're replying to?

> I do, but I'm not Steve.

Then why are you answering his question? Not that you aren't a dumb****
too.

> Do you have some sort of fetish for answering
> > questions with off-topic answers that have nothing to do with the
> > questions?

> Again, yes.
>
> Now a question for you.
>
> You want to smoke meat in the woods yet your only solution to your
> problem is to make a clay pot smoker you saw on TV work without electricity.

Converted to work without electricity.

> Question : Are there trees in the woods?
>
> C'mon now, it's an easy one.

If you knew anything about the smoker I'm talking about, you'd know it
doesn't have the type of air circulation normal metal smokers have, and
just sticking wood in it might not work because there might not be
enough oxygen.

> --
> TFM®

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

TFM® wrote:
> wrote:
> > Steve Calvin wrote:
> >
> >>Dave Bugg wrote:

> >>As usual Dave. You speak the truth. Personally, I agree
> >>witht the troll and "weenie" sentiments.
> >>
> >>He's been given good advice if he want's good q'ing
> >>equipment.

> > No, I got your worthless, down's syndrome ass telling me to buy a Weber
> > Smokey Mountain, when I never ****ing asked you about a Weber Smokey
> > Mountain.

> Steve's not retarded. I am. The proof is in my replies to you.

Yes, they're very retarded posts.

(Well,
> maybe Steve *is* retarded after all)

Yes he is. That was already established.

> I asked how to convert an Alton Brown smoker into a
> > non-electric smoker

> You've been told, biatch, build a ****ing fire and use it.

That would be roasting, dumb****. Did I ask about grilling and roasting
or did I ask about smoking?

> - your dumb ass says "buy a Weber Smokey Mountain"
>
> My dumb-ass says that too. WSM is good shit Maynard!
>

> > which is not what I asked about. Your "good advice" is not only ****ing
> > stupid, it's completely off-topic and meaningless.

> That's what we strive for here.

You don't have to strive, you're naturally stupid.

> IF I had asked you
> > what kind of metal smoker to buy, and IF I had asked whether or not I
> > should buy a Weber Smokey Mountain, your idiot reply might have made
> > sense.

> Nope, he'd have told you to go **** yerself anyway just because you're
> trolling.

Who's the one trolling here? I asked a legitimate question, Stevie
replies with a dumbass troll answer, and somehow I'm supposed to be the
troll? You're right, you are retarded.

> But I didn't, so you saying to buy a Weber Smokey Montain when I
> > had asked how to convert an Alton Brown Smoker means you have roughly
> > the IQ of a baby with fetal alcohol syndrome.

> Sounds like you're familiar with that syndrome.

Reading your post, I'm looking at an example of it right now.

> --
> TFM®

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

wrote:

> >>You ask for advice in your very first post to this advice-rich and very
> >>knowledgeable ng, and then you insinuate that the very reason you
> >>posted here is not important to you (So why did you waste our time in
> >>the first place?!)

> > When did I do that? I asked about an Alton Btown smoker, did I or did I
> > not? Why don't you check yourself.

> Here's what you said, mother****er,
>
> "Because I'm spending all my money on camping equipment, and don't want
> to waste $100+ on something as unimportant as a smoker."
>

> > That's because it IS beneath me, and it IS worthless. When I asked how
> > to convert an Alton Brown smoker to not use electricity,

> You were told to use fire. Mommy won't let you play with matches yet?
>
> Go **** yerself then.

That would be roasting, shithead.

> and then some
> > stupid sub-human level IQ shithead

> Heh, that was your post you're referring to.

I said to buy a WSM? Wow, you really are retarded.

> says to buy a Weber Smokey Mountain,
> > and another dumb**** says to borrow a Smokey Joe, that is worthless
> > advice.

> It would be worthless to someone like yourself who has no friends from
> which to borrow such things.

Stop projecting your miserable excuse for a life onto others. My
friends do not barbecue or use smokers. Judging from the dregs of
humanity on this ng like you, I'm sure it's because they're too classy
and intelligent.

> --
> TFM®

Alton Brown smoker without electricity? Kevin S. Wilson Barbecue 23 18-05-2006 04:40 AM
Alton Brown smoker without electricity? Hal Burton Barbecue 1 10-05-2006 05:05 PM
alton brown smoker Barbecue 21 06-04-2006 05:39 PM
alton brown smoker Barbecue 3 31-03-2006 07:47 AM