TFM®

"Kevin S. Wilson" > wrote in message
> On Fri, 09 Sep 2005 08:06:28 GMT, Reg > wrote:
>
> >- I don't use mops. It makes things take longer because
> >you're letting the heat out, and it doesn't actually
> >help keep it moist. If anything, use a finishing sauce
> >when you take it off. I prefer serving sauce on the
> >side.

> A finishing sauce for brisket? Never heard of such a thing.

I bet there's a lot of things you've not heard of.

Like Utah, Montana, Civility, Manners...........

Sorry man, Idaho ain't the center of the universe and you ain't nothing but
a tic turd.

TFM®

TFM®

"Denny Wheeler" > wrote in message
> On Fri, 09 Sep 2005 14:59:21 -0600, Kevin S. Wilson >
> wrote:
>
> >If you don't understand what's pig-headed dumb about saying that black
> >people and white people like different spices, or that either group
> >likes a particular set of spices, then I'm not sure I could explain it
> >to you if I started yesterday and lived to be a hundred.

> I guess there's no cultural difference between US blacks and US
> whites, eh? Taste in foods--spices especially--has a very great deal
> to do with cultural context. Now, it may be that in some parts of
> this country, there's no cultural differences--but I've never seen
> one. Sure, in any given area, there's mixing; whites who love soul
> food, blacks who don't, etc.

Kevin lives in Idaho. Even black folks are white there.

They all eat taters out of a box, white bread, canned peas and corn, and
salisbury steak. Weee-doggy, that's some up home soul food if I ever heard
of it!

Seriously, I was in the sawtooth mountains when I was a child and it was
some of the most beautiful country I've ever seen......

Kevvie wasn't there of course.........Or maybe he was the one we hog tied
and squirted 3 tubes of toothpaste up his ass.

That would explain a lot.

TFM®

Kevin S. Wilson

On Sat, 10 Sep 2005 17:42:00 -0700, Denny Wheeler
> wrote:

>On Fri, 09 Sep 2005 14:59:21 -0600, Kevin S. Wilson >
>wrote:
>
>>If you don't understand what's pig-headed dumb about saying that black
>>people and white people like different spices, or that either group
>>likes a particular set of spices, then I'm not sure I could explain it
>>to you if I started yesterday and lived to be a hundred.

>I guess there's no cultural difference between US blacks and US
>whites, eh? Taste in foods--spices especially--has a very great deal
>to do with cultural context. Now, it may be that in some parts of
>this country, there's no cultural differences--but I've never seen
>one. Sure, in any given area, there's mixing; whites who love soul
>food, blacks who don't, etc.

If you don't understand what's pig-headed dumb about saying that black
people and white people like different spices, or that either group
likes a particular set of spices, then I'm not sure I could explain it
to you if I started yesterday and lived to be a hundred.

Denny Wheeler

On Sat, 10 Sep 2005 21:07:26 -0600, Kevin S. Wilson >
wrote:

>On Sat, 10 Sep 2005 17:42:00 -0700, Denny Wheeler
> wrote:
>>I guess there's no cultural difference between US blacks and US
>>whites, eh? Taste in foods--spices especially--has a very great deal
>>to do with cultural context. Now, it may be that in some parts of
>>this country, there's no cultural differences--but I've never seen
>>one. Sure, in any given area, there's mixing; whites who love soul
>>food, blacks who don't, etc.

>If you don't understand what's pig-headed dumb about saying that black
>people and white people like different spices, or that either group
>likes a particular set of spices, then I'm not sure I could explain it
>to you if I started yesterday and lived to be a hundred.

I guess you have a nicely closed mind there, Kevvie-kins. I likely
understand why you think that way about the comment at least as well
as you do. And I clearly understand far better than you do--or ever
will, evidently--that cultural contrast exists. So, I suspect, does
the man who made the comment.

--
-denny-

"I don't like it when a whole state starts
acting like a marital aid."
"John R. Campbell" in a Usenet post.
Denny Wheeler

On Sun, 11 Sep 2005 02:00:29 GMT, "TFM®" >
wrote:

>Kevin lives in Idaho. Even black folks are white there.
>
>They all eat taters out of a box, white bread, canned peas and corn, and
>salisbury steak. Weee-doggy, that's some up home soul food if I ever heard
>of it!

May not be that bad. Then again....

>Seriously, I was in the sawtooth mountains when I was a child and it was
>some of the most beautiful country I've ever seen......

I know beautiful country. Live in the Puget Sound country, grew up
not far from the Wallowa Valley. This whole corner of the country
(and of course Western Canada as well) is chock-full of great scenery.

--
-denny-

"I don't like it when a whole state starts
acting like a marital aid."
"John R. Campbell" in a Usenet post.

Kevin S. Wilson

On Sat, 10 Sep 2005 21:14:56 -0700, Denny Wheeler
> wrote:

>On Sat, 10 Sep 2005 21:07:26 -0600, Kevin S. Wilson >
>wrote:
>
>>On Sat, 10 Sep 2005 17:42:00 -0700, Denny Wheeler
> wrote:
>>>I guess there's no cultural difference between US blacks and US
>>>whites, eh? Taste in foods--spices especially--has a very great deal
>>>to do with cultural context. Now, it may be that in some parts of
>>>this country, there's no cultural differences--but I've never seen
>>>one. Sure, in any given area, there's mixing; whites who love soul
>>>food, blacks who don't, etc.

>>If you don't understand what's pig-headed dumb about saying that black
>>people and white people like different spices, or that either group
>>likes a particular set of spices, then I'm not sure I could explain it
>>to you if I started yesterday and lived to be a hundred.

>I guess you have a nicely closed mind there, Kevvie-kins.

Tell me, is that highly original mutation of my name supposed to make
me feel bad? You don't really expect that it will, do you?

>I likely understand why you think that way about the comment at least as well
>as you do.

English, please.

>And I clearly understand far better than you do--or ever
>will, evidently--that cultural contrast exists. So, I suspect, does
>the man who made the comment.

Well, then, you're just the guy to answer these questions:

What spices do black people like? How about white people? How do you
know they like them?

Just TRYING to answer those questions ought to show you how fatuous
the original comment is.

PS: I heard tha black people like salt. White people don't.

Denny Wheeler

On Sun, 11 Sep 2005 06:09:38 -0600, Kevin S. Wilson >
wrote:

>>I likely understand why you think that way about the comment at least as well
>>as you do.

>English, please.

Obviously, you read and comprehend badly. But then, I'd already
worked that out.

>>And I clearly understand far better than you do--or ever
>>will, evidently--that cultural contrast exists. So, I suspect, does
>>the man who made the comment.

>Well, then, you're just the guy to answer these questions:
>
>What spices do black people like? How about white people? How do you
>know they like them?

Totally a non sequitur. Where did I claim to have such knowledge?
Hell, I'm not altogether sure what spices *I* like. (I know several I
dislike)
Why don't you email 'Change Smoker' and ask him? While you're at it,
tell him how his remarks are fatuous and pigheaded.

I bet you could get his email address from ImperialKamado, or from
Mojave Hot Stuff BBQ, or maybe the Institute for Black Parenting. (he
was one of many who contributed time and food to a picnic for them
this August)

Since you don't seem likely to do that, pray plug the leak just below
your nose.

--
-denny-

"I don't like it when a whole state starts
acting like a marital aid."
"John R. Campbell" in a Usenet post.
LewZephyr

On Fri, 09 Sep 2005 16:52:30 -0700, I needed a babel fish to
understand ldg > :

>On Fri, 09 Sep 2005 16:43:39 -0600, Kevin S. Wilson >
>wrote:
>
>>On Fri, 09 Sep 2005 15:25:53 -0700, ldg > wrote:
>>>
>>>I've just read some of your other posts in this newsgroup and see what
>>>words come out of your mouth.

>>Wonderful. Another leg-humper joins the crowd with Dank and CAL. Will
>>you soon be following me from group to group?

>I was hoping to read some of that famous prose . . .
>
>I knew you'd be famous!
>
>Regards,
>Larry

Plonk him like many have done long ago... right there with CL in the
kill file.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is
indistinguishable from magic."
- Arthur C. Clarke
Kevin S. Wilson

On Sun, 11 Sep 2005 01:49:29 GMT, "TFM®" >
wrote:

>"Kevin S. Wilson" > wrote in message
.. .
>> On Fri, 09 Sep 2005 08:06:28 GMT, Reg > wrote:
>>
>> >- I don't use mops. It makes things take longer because
>> >you're letting the heat out, and it doesn't actually
>> >help keep it moist. If anything, use a finishing sauce
>> >when you take it off. I prefer serving sauce on the
>> >side.

>> A finishing sauce for brisket? Never heard of such a thing.

>I bet there's a lot of things you've not heard of.
>
>Like Utah, Montana, Civility, Manners...........
>
>Sorry man, Idaho ain't the center of the universe and you ain't nothing but
>a tic turd.

<shrug> Beats being a racist by a long shot:

From: "The Fat Man®²°°³" >
Newsgroups: alt.food.barbecue
Subject: Oak wood chunks available in Ocala FL?
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2003 06:02:25 -0400

When you get off 75, turn east which is labeled south and go to Martin
Luther Koon Blvd and take a left.
^^^^
cl

"Kevin S. Wilson" wrote:

> When you get off 75, turn east which is labeled south and go to Martin
> Luther Koon Blvd and take a left.
> ^^^^

What is the history of this racist slur Mr WordSmith? Any clue to its
pejorative meaning and why it is so bad?

Kevin S. Wilson

On Mon, 12 Sep 2005 15:18:24 GMT, cl > wrote:

>"Kevin S. Wilson" wrote:
>
>> When you get off 75, turn east which is labeled south and go to Martin
>> Luther Koon Blvd and take a left.
>> ^^^^

>What is the history of this racist slur Mr WordSmith? Any clue to its
>pejorative meaning and why it is so bad?

Cut to the chase, CAL. If you want to defend the use of that word in
that context, then go right ahead. Wouldn't be the first time someone
in AFB showed his true colors on the subject.

So if you feel froggy, jump. Meanwhile, I'll go back to ignoring you,
CLeghumper.

cl > wrote:
> "Kevin S. Wilson" wrote:
>
> > When you get off 75, turn east which is labeled south and go to Martin
> > Luther Koon Blvd and take a left.
> > ^^^^

> What is the history of this racist slur Mr WordSmith? Any clue to its
> pejorative meaning and why it is so bad?

2. Applied to persons:
a. A nickname for a member of the old Whig party of the United States,
which at one time had the racoon as an emblem. (The nickname came up in
1839.)
1848 Lowell Biglow P. ser. i. ix, A gethrin’ public sentiment,
’mongst Demmercrats and Coons.
a1860 Boston Post in Bartlett Dict. Amer.s.v., Democrats..rout the coons,
beat them, overwhelm them.
b. A sly,knowing fellow; a ‘fellow’.
1832 Polit. Examiner (Shelbyville, Ky.) 8 Dec.4/1, I was always reckoned
a pretty slick koon for a trade.
1839 Marryat Dairy Amer. Ser. i. II. 232 In the Western States, where the
racoon is plentiful, they use the abbreviation ’coon when speaking of
people.
1843 Simms Guy Rivers 155 To be robbed of our findings by a parcel of
blasted ’coons.
1860 Punch XXXIX. 227 (Farmer) Then baby kicked up such a row As
terrified that reverend coon.
1870 M. Bridgman R. Lynne II. xiv. 296 Dicky Blake’s a ’cute little coon.
1881 J. Hawthorne Fort. Fool i. xxxiii, Jack they called him–a sort of
half-wild little coon, that nobody knowd much about.
c. A derogatory slang reference to a Negro.
d. d. S. Afr. A Coloured reveller at Cape Town; esp. a member of various
groups which parade in carnival fashion through the streets.

But, of course, Kevvie knows this. Kevvie knows everything. If ya don'
believe me, jes' ask it.

--
Nick. Support severely wounded and disabled War on Terror Veterans and
their families:

Kevin S. Wilson > wrote:
> On Mon, 12 Sep 2005 15:18:24 GMT, cl > wrote:
>
> >"Kevin S. Wilson" wrote:
> >
> >> When you get off 75, turn east which is labeled south and go to Martin
> >> Luther Koon Blvd and take a left.
> >> ^^^^

> >What is the history of this racist slur Mr WordSmith? Any clue to its
> >pejorative meaning and why it is so bad?

> Cut to the chase, CAL. If you want to defend the use of that word in
> that context, then go right ahead. Wouldn't be the first time someone
> in AFB showed his true colors on the subject.

Don't you be talkin' 'bout my 'true colors'! You ain't never met my Mama
or Pappy.

1971 Black World Mar. 69/2 Blacks should ‘beware of honkies bearing gifts’.

--
Nick. Support severely wounded and disabled War on Terror Veterans and
their families:
http://saluteheroes.org/ & http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

Kevin S. Wilson

On 13 Sep 2005 04:24:40 GMT, wrote:

>cl > wrote:
>> "Kevin S. Wilson" wrote:
>>
>> > When you get off 75, turn east which is labeled south and go to Martin
>> > Luther Koon Blvd and take a left.
>> > ^^^^

>> What is the history of this racist slur Mr WordSmith? Any clue to its
>> pejorative meaning and why it is so bad?

>2. Applied to persons:
>a. A nickname for a member of the old Whig party of the United States,
>which at one time had the racoon as an emblem. (The nickname came up in
>1839.)
>1848 Lowell Biglow P. ser. i. ix, A gethrin’ public sentiment,
>’mongst Demmercrats and Coons.
>a1860 Boston Post in Bartlett Dict. Amer.s.v., Democrats..rout the coons,
>beat them, overwhelm them.
>b. A sly,knowing fellow; a ‘fellow’.
>1832 Polit. Examiner (Shelbyville, Ky.) 8 Dec.4/1, I was always reckoned
>a pretty slick koon for a trade.
>1839 Marryat Dairy Amer. Ser. i. II. 232 In the Western States, where the
>racoon is plentiful, they use the abbreviation ’coon when speaking of
>people.
>1843 Simms Guy Rivers 155 To be robbed of our findings by a parcel of
>blasted ’coons.
>1860 Punch XXXIX. 227 (Farmer) Then baby kicked up such a row As
>terrified that reverend coon.
>1870 M. Bridgman R. Lynne II. xiv. 296 Dicky Blake’s a ’cute little coon.
>1881 J. Hawthorne Fort. Fool i. xxxiii, Jack they called him–a sort of
>half-wild little coon, that nobody knowd much about.
>c. A derogatory slang reference to a Negro.
>d. d. S. Afr. A Coloured reveller at Cape Town; esp. a member of various
>groups which parade in carnival fashion through the streets.

Do you have a point? If so, take off your cap so we can see it.

Are you rearing up on your hind legs to defend the use of that term in
the context in which it was used? Have at it.

Kevin S. Wilson > wrote:
> On 13 Sep 2005 04:24:40 GMT, wrote:
> >cl > wrote:

> >> What is the history of this racist slur Mr WordSmith? Any clue to its
> >> pejorative meaning and why it is so bad?

> >2. Applied to persons:
> >a. A nickname for a member of the old Whig party of the United States,
> >which at one time had the racoon as an emblem. (The nickname came up in
> >1839.)
> >1848 Lowell Biglow P. ser. i. ix, A gethrin’ public sentiment,
> >’mongst Demmercrats and Coons.
> >a1860 Boston Post in Bartlett Dict. Amer.s.v., Democrats..rout the
> >coons, beat them, overwhelm them.
> >b. A sly,knowing fellow; a ‘fellow’.
> >1832 Polit. Examiner (Shelbyville, Ky.) 8 Dec.4/1, I was always reckoned
> >a pretty slick koon for a trade.
> >1839 Marryat Dairy Amer. Ser. i. II. 232 In the Western States, where
> >the racoon is plentiful, they use the abbreviation ’coon when speaking
> >of people.
> >1843 Simms Guy Rivers 155 To be robbed of our findings by a parcel of
> >blasted ’coons.
> >1860 Punch XXXIX. 227 (Farmer) Then baby kicked up such a row As
> >terrified that reverend coon.
> >1870 M. Bridgman R. Lynne II. xiv. 296 Dicky Blake’s a ’cute little
> >coon. 1881 J. Hawthorne Fort. Fool i. xxxiii, Jack they called him–a
> >sort of half-wild little coon, that nobody knowd much about.
> >c. A derogatory slang reference to a Negro.
> >d. d. S. Afr. A Coloured reveller at Cape Town; esp. a member of various
> >groups which parade in carnival fashion through the streets.
> >

> Do you have a point? If so, take off your cap so we can see it.

A brilliant bit of repartee, esteemed Mr. Wilson!
(I hope a certain unnamed somebody catches the reference) ;-)

> Are you rearing up on your hind legs to defend the use of that term in
> the context in which it was used? Have at it.

Just trying to post the term in context, Oh, Great One. Note definition
2.c., if you're not too stuck in the past.

As far as rearing up on my hind legs, I'd rather be a knuckle walker than a
mouth breather, as you appear to be!