Griff

Default Most pubs/head per head of population in the world

OK... Everywhere you go, Europe, UK, USA, Australasia, people proudly
let you in on the "little-known fact" that someplace near where they
live has the most pubs/bars per head of population in the world. These
claims even get repeated on supposedly reputable news sites like the
BBC.

Well, they can't all be right. So... does anybody KNOW if an official
record like this actually exists ? I don't have the latest Guinness
Book of Records, but last time I checked there was no such entry in
there.

Anybody know anything about this ?

- Griff
Lew Bryson

"Griff" > wrote in message
om...
> OK... Everywhere you go, Europe, UK, USA, Australasia, people proudly
> let you in on the "little-known fact" that someplace near where they
> live has the most pubs/bars per head of population in the world. These
> claims even get repeated on supposedly reputable news sites like the
> BBC.
>
> Well, they can't all be right. So... does anybody KNOW if an official
> record like this actually exists ? I don't have the latest Guinness
> Book of Records, but last time I checked there was no such entry in
> there.
>
> Anybody know anything about this ?

Well... I'm pretty sure it's NOT Salt Lake City.

--
Lew Bryson

www.LewBryson.com
Author of "New York Breweries" and "Pennsylvania Breweries," 2nd ed., both
available at <www.amazon.com>
The Hotmail address on this post is for newsgroups only: I don't check it,
or respond to it. Spam away.

Dave Gibson

"Lew Bryson" > wrote in message
m...
> "Griff" > wrote in message
> om...
> > OK... Everywhere you go, Europe, UK, USA, Australasia, people proudly
> > let you in on the "little-known fact" that someplace near where they
> > live has the most pubs/bars per head of population in the world. These
> > claims even get repeated on supposedly reputable news sites like the
> > BBC.
> >
> > Well, they can't all be right. So... does anybody KNOW if an official
> > record like this actually exists ? I don't have the latest Guinness
> > Book of Records, but last time I checked there was no such entry in
> > there.
> >
> > Anybody know anything about this ?

> Well... I'm pretty sure it's NOT Salt Lake City.
>
> --
> Lew Bryson
>
> www.LewBryson.com
> Author of "New York Breweries" and "Pennsylvania Breweries," 2nd ed., both
> available at <www.amazon.com>
> The Hotmail address on this post is for newsgroups only: I don't check it,
> or respond to it. Spam away.

Well we have 3 pubs in our village, less than 100 yards apart. I reckon
that's pretty good for a village of 650 peeps of which probably only half
are above drinking age.

Dave

Joris Pattyn

> Well we have 3 pubs in our village, less than 100 yards apart. I reckon
> that's pretty good for a village of 650 peeps of which probably only half
> are above drinking age.

Hmmm. 8 that I know of, nearly 1500 inhabitants...
Joris in Ursel

dgs

Dan Iwerks wrote:

> [...]
>
> Dunno, but if you're filtering it down to *good* bars per person, isn't
> Portland, OR, the likely winner?

PDX is good as the USA goes (and, um, not that much better than, say,
Seattle), but on a world-wide basis? Fuggeddaboudit.
--
dgs

Red Head Brooklyn1 General Cooking 49 18-11-2015 10:12 PM
What're the odds for JFK's head to explode at the very secondJackie put her right arm behind JFK's head? Chemo[_2_] General Cooking 1 04-10-2012 07:48 PM
How To Get The Best Head.... Gregory Morrow[_60_] General Cooking 5 17-07-2008 03:33 AM
Please pat me on the head ans say it's OK Richard Miller Vegan 7 13-01-2006 12:51 AM
Dogfish Head World Wide Stout Bill Benzel Beer 29 23-11-2003 03:46 AM