Jason Tinling

Default A new mojo?

Recently relocated back to my old stomping grounds of So Cal. Headed
down to the El Tigre market for some chicken thighs and mojo. To my
dismay, no Mojo Criollo to be found!

I did spy, however, a bottle of reddish-orange liquid labeled "Mojo
Chiptole". Chipotle would not have gone over well with the group I was
cooking dinner for that evening, so I passed, and rounded up some
"original" mojo at Albertsons.

While it's no big deal to pick up a bottle and give it a try, I was
curious if anyone else had seen, used, sampled. etc. this producto de
Goya? Thoughts or opinions of any who have?

Thanks,
Jason

Dave

Just used some this weekend to marinate some steaks and they were very
tasty - good and spicy right up front and kind of a warm tang
afterwards, a little sweet, not nearly as much garlic or as acidic as
the Mojo Criollo. Would probably make a nice side sauce if you reduced
it a little. Can't wait to try it with chicken or pork.

Dave

Jason Tinling

Dave, thanks for the input. I'm thinking chicken tacos need to go on
the dinner menu!