Old 21-02-2005, 04:52 PM
cl

"Kevin S. Wilson" wrote:

On Mon, 21 Feb 2005 13:43:47 GMT, cl wrote:

Your chronic nagging and seemingly compelled nature to comment and
berate others on account of their lack of attention to detail in
composing a usenet post just begs others to bust your chops.

When do you plan to begin, Jerko?

You must be a wee bit thick skulled Kevie boy.

Do you ever have anything to add or is there a reason that you happened
to become what equates to being a secretary for nerds?

-CAL

Old 21-02-2005, 05:48 PM

Stubby wrote:
What about the IDL Sig?

Stubby-

Not to knock the STC too hard or the IDL Sig. In fact, I'll be the
first to credit the STC and Information Mapping with the framework in
structured writing I picked up as a TechWriter.

But, to our point, even the opening statement of the IDL sig (which I
assume is very important information due to it's prominece on their Web
site) is not inclusive of web technologies or marketing material design
& writing.
Instead we find :
"Formed in 2000, our mission is to help STC members identify and
develop knowledge and practical skills for designing, developing, and
implementing technical instruction in electronic and traditional
classroom settings. The SIG strives to promote sound design practices,
provide information, and educate about instructional theory and
research."

STC is (and should be) for a very clear audience. It just doesn't apply
to me any longer.

Rob

Old 21-02-2005, 07:26 PM
Stubby

Kevin S. Wilson wrote:

What about the IDL Sig?

I assume you mean a special interest group having to do with
instructional design and something beginning with an L. Never looked
into it.

STC is an excellent organization, but it is most useful for
entry-level practitioners and for people looking for a network of
colleagues. I haven't been in either category for years.

Instructional Design and Learning Special Interest Group.

I agree, STC is best for entry-level, and those looking to network
within the profession. I joined mainly for the networking aspects. Most
of the members of my chapter, Twin Cities, are there for the same
reason. I have gotten some good job leads from other members, and the
meetings can be fun.
Old 22-02-2005, 03:11 AM
John O

STC
Instructional Design and Learning Special Interest Group.

Thanks for the thread guys. I'm at the other end of that career path, and
didn't know about either group.

No Q this week, the weather sucks and we've been too busy with family stuff.

-John O

Old 22-02-2005, 04:39 PM
Duwop

"Nick" wrote in message
Some
People
JUST
Don't
really
"get it".

Hey, aren't you the asshole who kept crossposting his drivel and caused this
NG unwanted disruption because of his selfish assed antics? Hey, you're the
asshole trying to start a NEW crossposted flame war. Glad I caught it.

Yes, you are. Why the **** do you think you "get it" again? Because you
like starting x-posted flame wars?

Watch out people, here x-posted this to kibology, the little
shitheel.

Old 22-02-2005, 04:54 PM
Kevin S. Wilson

On Tue, 22 Feb 2005 09:05:48 -0600, Nick wrote:

Geeeeeeeze. Why don't you guys get a room and have some sort of
tech-writer love in

Someone holding a gun to your head and forcing you to read the thread,
putz?

BTW, why the crosspost into ARK, bozo? I thought you geezers in AFB
thought crossposting was more evil than Hitler. I'm sure you had a
good reason, though.

What is it?

Old 23-02-2005, 05:24 PM
Kevin S. Wilson

On Wed, 23 Feb 2005 00:18:21 -0600, Nick wrote:

Becaaaaaaaaaaaauuuuuuuse, as I have explained to you before, I was
asked to by one of the regular posters there. She said the group loves
crossposts. She encouraged me to do so.

So like a monkey you dance to the organ-grinder's tune. Got it. What
should I have Stacia tell you to do next, monkey-boy?

Why are you deleting the crossposts?

Annoying you seems reason enough, monkey-boy.