Piedmont

Default Pics of sparerib prep

http://www.virtualweberbullet.com/ri...html#spareprep

Spare rib prep tips from Virtual Weber site.

Regards, Mike Willsey (Piedmont)

Kevin S. Wilson

On 18 Feb 2005 09:19:47 -0800, "Piedmont" > wrote:

>http://www.virtualweberbullet.com/ri...html#spareprep
>
>Spare rib prep tips from Virtual Weber site.

That page would be more informative if the yellow and green lines the
author keeps referring to were ACTUALLY IN THE PICTURES. Also, the
text refers to the "first photo," "second photo," and so on, but none
of the photos are numbered and the text discussing one photo is often
lined up alongside an entirely different photo.

Bad tech writing. No cookie.

--
Kevin S. Wilson
Tech Writer at a university somewhere in Idaho

wrote:

> >http://www.virtualweberbullet.com/ri...html#spareprep
> >
> >Spare rib prep tips from Virtual Weber site.
> >

> That page would be more informative if the yellow and green lines the
> author keeps referring to were ACTUALLY IN THE PICTURES. Also, the
> text refers to the "first photo," "second photo," and so on, but none
> of the photos are numbered and the text discussing one photo is often
> lined up alongside an entirely different photo.
> --
> Kevin S. Wilson

I was wondering the same damn thing! No STC award for the bullet site.

Rob

Kevin S. Wilson

On 19 Feb 2005 16:20:07 -0800, "
> wrote:

>I was wondering the same damn thing! No STC award for the bullet site.

Hey! How do you know about STC?

--
Kevin S. Wilson
Tech Writer at a university somewhere in Idaho
"When you can't do something completely impractical and intrinsically
useless *yourself*, you go get the Kibologists to do it for you." --J. Furr
Piedmont

Kevin S. Wilson wrote:
> On 18 Feb 2005 09:19:47 -0800, "Piedmont" > wrote:
>

>>http://www.virtualweberbullet.com/ri...html#spareprep
>>
>>Spare rib prep tips from Virtual Weber site.
>>

> That page would be more informative if the yellow and green lines the
> author keeps referring to were ACTUALLY IN THE PICTURES. Also, the
> text refers to the "first photo," "second photo," and so on, but none
> of the photos are numbered and the text discussing one photo is often
> lined up alongside an entirely different photo.
>
> Bad tech writing. No cookie.

Maybe you could contact him and offer to help him fix it up? I bet he'd
appreciate the offer! Just a thought.

--
Mike Willsey (Piedmont)
"The Practical Bar-B-Q'r!"

Charities; Oxfam GB: http://www.oxfam.org.uk/about_us/index.htm,
Operation Smile: http://www.operationsmile.org/

If you or a loved one has thyroid issues, please have their thyroid
checked for radiation levels!

Kevin S. Wilson wrote:
> On 19 Feb 2005 16:20:07 -0800, "
> > wrote:
>
> >I was wondering the same damn thing! No STC award for the bullet

site.

> Hey! How do you know about STC?
>
> --

Kev-

I think we had something close to this exchange a year ago (I think).
It was around the time you were looking for a place to eat in Raleigh,
NC.

Anyways... to your question. Before my latest gig, I was a Tech Writer
for a software/hardware developer in the retail gas station industry. I
never got any awards for my work but, heck writing software docs isn't
*that* tough (although it DID get awfully repetitive).

Rob
(web guy for a Zoo somewhere in North Carolina)

cl

" > wrote in
message oups.com...

> Kevin S. Wilson wrote:
> > On 19 Feb 2005 16:20:07 -0800, "
> > > wrote:
> >
> > >I was wondering the same damn thing! No STC award for the bullet

> site.
> >
> > Hey! How do you know about STC?

> Anyways... to your question. Before my latest gig, I was a Tech Writer
> for a software/hardware developer in the retail gas station industry. I
> never got any awards for my work but, heck writing software docs isn't
> *that* tough (although it DID get awfully repetitive).

You would think that Kevin would also realize that most engineering
curiculums require courses in tech writing and that things like this are
mentioned at some point in class. He seems to be so self asorbed that he
cannot realize that the rest of the world might have a neuron between them.

-CAL

Kevin S. Wilson

On Sun, 20 Feb 2005 18:45:49 GMT, "cl" > wrote:

" > wrote in
>message oups.com...
>>
>> Kevin S. Wilson wrote:
>> > On 19 Feb 2005 16:20:07 -0800, "

>> site.
>> >
>> > Hey! How do you know about STC?

>> Anyways... to your question. Before my latest gig, I was a Tech Writer
>> for a software/hardware developer in the retail gas station industry. I
>> never got any awards for my work but, heck writing software docs isn't
>> *that* tough (although it DID get awfully repetitive).

>You would think that Kevin would also realize that most engineering
>curiculums require courses in tech writing and that things like this are
>mentioned at some point in class.

Just when I think you've exhausted your repetoire of leg-humping and
come to the end of new ways to look foolish in public, you go and
out-do yourself. You have to be the most literal, tedious,
unimaginative, pedantic, and provincial sub-literate putz it has ever
been my displeasure to encounter.

See, Jerko (that's Cal's new name in ARK), before you begin to presume
to lecture me about tech writing curricula, you might want to stop and
consider that to an adult of average literacy and intelligence, "How
do you know about STC?" means "Tell me about your involvement in
something we apparently have in common." But you're not an adult of
average literacy and intelligence, despite your crowing about your
MENSA membership. And you're just all too eager to hump my leg to even
briefly consider what it is you're responding to.

>He seems to be so self asorbed that he
>cannot realize that the rest of the world might have a neuron between them.

"Among them," mouth-breather. "Among them." Even then what you've
written doesn't make much sense.

Now go sit quietly over there in the corner. The adults are talking
about Standards in Technical Communication (STC), and no one gave you
permission to speak.

--
Kevin S. Wilson
Tech Writer at a university somewhere in Idaho
"When you can't do something completely impractical and intrinsically
useless *yourself*, you go get the Kibologists to do it for you." --J. Furr
Kevin S. Wilson

On Sun, 20 Feb 2005 16:33:52 -0700, Kevin S. Wilson >
wrote:

>On Sun, 20 Feb 2005 18:45:49 GMT, "cl" > wrote:

<nothing important. Or even in English, for that matter.>

" > wrote in
>>message oups.com...
>>>
>>> Anyways... to your question. Before my latest gig, I was a Tech Writer
>>> for a software/hardware developer in the retail gas station industry.

I remember our earlier conversation now. I'm not a member any more,
though I was for years and years. The work I do these days is more
along the lines of instructional design and the softer side of tech
writing (proposals, marketing materials, web content, etc.). STC is
kind of irrelevant, so I quit a few years back. Besides, having two
memberships in one family got to be expensive; my wife is a tech
writer, too.

--
Kevin S. Wilson
Tech Writer at a university somewhere in Idaho
"When you can't do something completely impractical and intrinsically
useless *yourself*, you go get the Kibologists to do it for you." --J. Furr
cl

"Kevin S. Wilson" wrote:

> See, Jerko (that's Cal's new name in ARK), before you begin to presume
> to lecture me about tech writing curricula, you might want to stop and
> consider that to an adult of average literacy and intelligence, "How
> do you know about STC?" means "Tell me about your involvement in
> something we apparently have in common."

The most obvious and glaring omission that you make is you normally come
across as an ass. For instance "adult of average literacy and
intelligence", you are obviously citing the pedestal upon which you sit.
I can imagine the discourse you must encounter by blessing the rest of
the world with your grace just by stepping down and communicating with
them. Your chronic nagging and seemingly compelled nature to comment and
berate others on account of their lack of attention to detail in
composing a usenet post just begs others to bust your chops. Slick, it
is usenet and it is based on a communication system that loves any steps
to minimize bandwidth. If your desire is to read and redline some boring
diatribe, just go pick up a copy of JAM or IEEE journal of choice.

> Now go sit quietly over there in the corner. The adults are talking
> about Standards in Technical Communication (STC), and no one gave you
> permission to speak.

Like I said your a pompAss ******.

-CAL

wrote:

> <nothing important. Or even in English, for that matter.>
> >>
> " > wrote

in
> >>message

oups.com...

Writer

industry.

> I remember our earlier conversation now. I'm not a member any more,
> though I was for years and years. The work I do these days is more
> along the lines of instructional design and the softer side of tech
> writing (proposals, marketing materials, web content, etc.). STC is
> kind of irrelevant, so I quit a few years back. Besides, having two
> memberships in one family got to be expensive; my wife is a tech
> writer, too.

Kev-

I'm not a member either as I've made a similar transition. I agree STC
is irrelevant. As a former chapter prez I tired REAL hard to make it
relevant. Despite our small size I did manage to get some good
presenters on some (then) emerging technology.

Rob

Stubby

Kevin S. Wilson wrote:
>The work I do these days is more
> along the lines of instructional design and the softer side of tech
> writing (proposals, marketing materials, web content, etc.). STC is
> kind of irrelevant, so I quit a few years back. Besides, having two
> memberships in one family got to be expensive; my wife is a tech
> writer, too.

What about the IDL Sig?
Kevin S. Wilson

On Mon, 21 Feb 2005 15:09:01 GMT, Stubby > wrote:

>Kevin S. Wilson wrote:
>>The work I do these days is more
>> along the lines of instructional design and the softer side of tech
>> writing (proposals, marketing materials, web content, etc.). STC is
>> kind of irrelevant, so I quit a few years back. Besides, having two
>> memberships in one family got to be expensive; my wife is a tech
>> writer, too.
>>

>What about the IDL Sig?

I assume you mean a special interest group having to do with
instructional design and something beginning with an L. Never looked
into it.

STC is an excellent organization, but it is most useful for
entry-level practitioners and for people looking for a network of
colleagues. I haven't been in either category for years.

--
Kevin S. Wilson
Tech Writer at a university somewhere in Idaho
"When you can't do something completely impractical and intrinsically
useless *yourself*, you go get the Kibologists to do it for you." --J. Furr
Kevin S. Wilson

On Mon, 21 Feb 2005 13:43:47 GMT, cl > wrote:

>Your chronic nagging and seemingly compelled nature to comment and
>berate others on account of their lack of attention to detail in
>composing a usenet post just begs others to bust your chops.

When do you plan to begin, Jerko?

--
Kevin S. Wilson
Tech Writer at a university somewhere in Idaho
"When you can't do something completely impractical and intrinsically
useless *yourself*, you go get the Kibologists to do it for you." --J. Furr
cl

"Kevin S. Wilson" wrote:

> On Mon, 21 Feb 2005 13:43:47 GMT, cl > wrote:
>
> >Your chronic nagging and seemingly compelled nature to comment and
> >berate others on account of their lack of attention to detail in
> >composing a usenet post just begs others to bust your chops.

> When do you plan to begin, Jerko?

You must be a wee bit thick skulled Kevie boy.

Do you ever have anything to add or is there a reason that you happened
to become what equates to being a secretary for nerds?

-CAL

cl

Stubby wrote:
> What about the IDL Sig?

Stubby-

Not to knock the STC too hard or the IDL Sig. In fact, I'll be the
first to credit the STC and Information Mapping with the framework in
structured writing I picked up as a TechWriter.

But, to our point, even the opening statement of the IDL sig (which I
assume is very important information due to it's prominece on their Web
site) is not inclusive of web technologies or marketing material design
& writing.
Instead we find :
"Formed in 2000, our mission is to help STC members identify and
develop knowledge and practical skills for designing, developing, and
implementing technical instruction in electronic and traditional
classroom settings. The SIG strives to promote sound design practices,
provide information, and educate about instructional theory and
research."

STC is (and should be) for a very clear audience. It just doesn't apply
to me any longer.

Rob

Stubby

Kevin S. Wilson wrote:

>>What about the IDL Sig?

> I assume you mean a special interest group having to do with
> instructional design and something beginning with an L. Never looked
> into it.
>
> STC is an excellent organization, but it is most useful for
> entry-level practitioners and for people looking for a network of
> colleagues. I haven't been in either category for years.

Instructional Design and Learning Special Interest Group.

I agree, STC is best for entry-level, and those looking to network
within the profession. I joined mainly for the networking aspects. Most
of the members of my chapter, Twin Cities, are there for the same
reason. I have gotten some good job leads from other members, and the
meetings can be fun.
John O

>> STC
> Instructional Design and Learning Special Interest Group.

Thanks for the thread guys. I'm at the other end of that career path, and
didn't know about either group.

No Q this week, the weather sucks and we've been too busy with family stuff.

-John O

Duwop

"Nick" > wrote in message
> Some
> People
> JUST
> Don't
> really
> "get it".

Hey, aren't you the asshole who kept crossposting his drivel and caused this
NG unwanted disruption because of his selfish assed antics? Hey, you're the
asshole trying to start a NEW crossposted flame war. Glad I caught it.

Yes, you are. Why the **** do you think you "get it" again? Because you
like starting x-posted flame wars?

Watch out people, here x-posted this to kibology, the little
shitheel.

Kevin S. Wilson

On Tue, 22 Feb 2005 09:05:48 -0600, Nick > wrote:

>Geeeeeeeze. Why don't you guys get a room and have some sort of
>tech-writer love in

Someone holding a gun to your head and forcing you to read the thread,
putz?

BTW, why the crosspost into ARK, bozo? I thought you geezers in AFB
thought crossposting was more evil than Hitler. I'm sure you had a
good reason, though.

What is it?

Kevin S. Wilson

On Wed, 23 Feb 2005 00:18:21 -0600, Nick > wrote:

>Becaaaaaaaaaaaauuuuuuuse, as I have explained to you before, I was
>asked to by one of the regular posters there. She said the group loves
>crossposts. She encouraged me to do so.

So like a monkey you dance to the organ-grinder's tune. Got it. What
should I have Stacia tell you to do next, monkey-boy?

> Why are you deleting the crossposts?

Annoying you seems reason enough, monkey-boy.