Stubby wrote:
> What about the IDL Sig?

Stubby-

Not to knock the STC too hard or the IDL Sig. In fact, I'll be the
first to credit the STC and Information Mapping with the framework in
structured writing I picked up as a TechWriter.

But, to our point, even the opening statement of the IDL sig (which I
assume is very important information due to it's prominece on their Web
site) is not inclusive of web technologies or marketing material design
& writing.
Instead we find :
"Formed in 2000, our mission is to help STC members identify and
develop knowledge and practical skills for designing, developing, and
implementing technical instruction in electronic and traditional
classroom settings. The SIG strives to promote sound design practices,
provide information, and educate about instructional theory and
research."

STC is (and should be) for a very clear audience. It just doesn't apply
to me any longer.

Rob