Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Default sparerib trimmings?

I've learned how to trim the flap and rib tips off spareribs to make a
St. Louis cut. I'm curious exactly how you guys prepare the flap meat.
I've heard you're supposed to remove the membrane from it - how is that
done? After that, do you brine it? Rub it? What?

... thanks ..

GWE
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Feb 17, 8:51*am, Grant Erwin > wrote:
> I've learned how to trim the flap and rib tips off spareribs to make a
> St. Louis cut. I'm curious exactly how you guys prepare the flap meat.
> I've heard you're supposed to remove the membrane from it - how is that
> done? After that, do you brine it? Rub it? What?

Ah, a point of much contention. I'm from the less is more school, I
don't bother to trim the full spare, I figure I paid for it, I'm gonna
cook it. Oh I'll trim off a little excess fat, but sparingly.

I think of the membrane removal as an affectation crossover from the
BBQ competition circuit where looks are very important. Others swear
by it and say the rub and flavors penetrate better. All agree it's a
bit of a pain in the ass. So try it both ways yourself and choose.

I've tried a few rubs and whatnot, the first few times used Dave
Gauldens "recipe" from the FAQ.

Then I tried simple S&P (and mebbe onion or garlic salt) and haven't
gone back. This simple rub allows the meat and smoke flavors to come
out.

And brining ribs? You're kidding right? Brining is mainly used to add
moisture to lean dry meat, such as fowl and a few pork cuts without
fat. Neither of which describe pork ribs.

Anyway, your biggest challenge to make good BBQ is going to be fire/
temp/smoke control. I wouldn't fuss too much over the meat until you
got that pretty well under control.

It's a fun learning curve.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Grant Erwin wrote:
> I've learned how to trim the flap and rib tips off spareribs to make a
> St. Louis cut. I'm curious exactly how you guys prepare the flap meat.

I leave it on. It makes for a few meatier ribs. Nothing wrong with that.

> I've heard you're supposed to remove the membrane from it - how is that
> done? After that, do you brine it? Rub it? What?

Membrane removal is for wussies. I leave it on. It's barely evident int
he finished product and probably helps keep in moisture.

-sw
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On 17-Feb-2009, Grant Erwin > wrote:

> I've learned how to trim the flap and rib tips off spareribs to make a
> St. Louis cut. I'm curious exactly how you guys prepare the flap meat.
> I've heard you're supposed to remove the membrane from it - how is that
> done? After that, do you brine it? Rub it? What?
>
> .. thanks ..
>
> GWE

Rib flap meat is a well kept secret. Despite it's unlikely looks, it is
quite
tender and easily cooked. I use it like bacon sometimes and just cook
it up with some eggs and fried potatoes. It's great in a variety of stir-
fries too. Don't worry about the membrane. It's never been an issue
for me. If there's some that's easily removed, okay, but don't get carried
away with removing the membrane. Not much to be gained by doing
it.

Salt and pepper is fine. House rub would be okay, but not necessary.
The flap is quite flavorful by itself.

--
Brick WA7ERO (Youth is wasted on young people)
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On 17-Feb-2009, Tutall > wrote:

> On Feb 17, 8:51*am, Grant Erwin > wrote:
> > I've learned how to trim the flap and rib tips off spareribs to make a
> > St. Louis cut. I'm curious exactly how you guys prepare the flap meat.
> > I've heard you're supposed to remove the membrane from it - how is that
> > done? After that, do you brine it? Rub it? What?
> >

> Ah, a point of much contention. I'm from the less is more school, I
> don't bother to trim the full spare, I figure I paid for it, I'm gonna
> cook it. Oh I'll trim off a little excess fat, but sparingly.

Ditto

> I think of the membrane removal as an affectation crossover from the
> BBQ competition circuit where looks are very important. Others swear
> by it and say the rub and flavors penetrate better. All agree it's a
> bit of a pain in the ass. So try it both ways yourself and choose.

Ditto again

> I've tried a few rubs and whatnot, the first few times used Dave
> Gauldens "recipe" from the FAQ.
>
> Then I tried simple S&P (and mebbe onion or garlic salt) and haven't
> gone back. This simple rub allows the meat and smoke flavors to come
> out.

Ditto one more time

> And brining ribs? You're kidding right? Brining is mainly used to add
> moisture to lean dry meat, such as fowl and a few pork cuts without
> fat. Neither of which describe pork ribs.

Whoa, we're talking about the flap meat only. The flap needs no help
in that department. Fry it, grill it or roast it. Eat it.

> Anyway, your biggest challenge to make good BBQ is going to be fire/
> temp/smoke control. I wouldn't fuss too much over the meat until you
> got that pretty well under control.
>
> It's a fun learning curve.

Again, it's the flap meat under discussion. Grilling is best. Not much fire
control to consider.

--
Brick WA7ERO (Youth is wasted on young people)

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Feb 17, 10:09*am, "Brick" > wrote:
> On 17-Feb-2009, Tutall > wrote:
>
> > On Feb 17, 8:51*am, Grant Erwin > wrote:

> Whoa, we're talking about the flap meat only. The flap needs no help
> in that department. Fry it, grill it or roast it. Eat it.
>
> Again, it's the flap meat under discussion. Grilling is best. Not much fire
> control to consider.

Ah, you're correct again there Bricker. Got caught up in the other
stuff and have never trimmed off the flap meat to cook separately in
any case, so don't think of it that way.

Good catch.
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On 17-Feb-2009, Sqwertz > wrote:

> Grant Erwin wrote:
> > I've learned how to trim the flap and rib tips off spareribs to make a
> > St. Louis cut. I'm curious exactly how you guys prepare the flap meat.

> I leave it on. It makes for a few meatier ribs. Nothing wrong with
> that.

Certainly no problem with leaving it on. I take it off to use for other
purposes. It's great with eggs and taters for breakfast.

> > I've heard you're supposed to remove the membrane from it - how is that
> > done? After that, do you brine it? Rub it? What?

> Membrane removal is for wussies. I leave it on. It's barely evident int
>
> he finished product and probably helps keep in moisture.
>
> -sw

What Sqwertz said. I leave it on. Despite it's evil appearance, it's
hardly noticable if at all in the cooked product.

I'm merely stating personal preferences. I don't consider the subject
arguable unless we're trying to outguess contest judges somewhere.

--
Brick WA7ERO (Youth is wasted on young people)
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Grant Erwin wrote:

> I've learned how to trim the flap and rib tips off spareribs to make a
> St. Louis cut. I'm curious exactly how you guys prepare the flap meat.
> I've heard you're supposed to remove the membrane from it - how is that
> done? After that, do you brine it? Rub it? What?
>
> .. thanks ..
>
> GWE

In the rare occaision that I serve St Louis cut, I freeze all
the trim (minus fat) for stock. Kinda expensive but it makes for
an awesome result.
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

>>I leave it on. It makes for a few meatier ribs. Nothing wrong with
>>that.

> Certainly no problem with leaving it on. I take it off to use for other
> purposes. It's great with eggs and taters for breakfast.

Ew! Brick I respect your opinion but membrain for breakfast?
I'll have to put membrain with Chicken feet and brains in my
"things to do bin".

craigster
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Craig Watts wrote:

>>> I leave it on. It makes for a few meatier ribs. Nothing wrong with
>>> that.

>> Certainly no problem with leaving it on. I take it off to use for other
>> purposes. It's great with eggs and taters for breakfast.
>>

> Ew! Brick I respect your opinion but membrain for breakfast? I'll have
> to put membrain with Chicken feet and brains in my "things to do bin".
>
> craigster

Hmmmm- when I skin ribs before marinading in apple juice, I occasionally
get the membrane off in a large sheet. I've never thought of it before,
but I wonder if it could be used as a 'wrap' for a sausage. It would
probably be permeable to smoke, like intestine. It might be worth a try
saving some of the bigger sheets up in the freezer and giving it a try.

--
Nonny
Some people are like a Slinky: not really

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On 17-Feb-2009, Craig Watts > wrote:

> >>I leave it on. It makes for a few meatier ribs. Nothing wrong with
> >>that.

> > Certainly no problem with leaving it on. I take it off to use for other
> > purposes. It's great with eggs and taters for breakfast.
> >

> Ew! Brick I respect your opinion but membrain for breakfast?
> I'll have to put membrain with Chicken feet and brains in my
> "things to do bin".
>
> craigster

After cooking, what little membrane exists on pork rib flap meat
is not evident. A little sautee in evoo and butter and the meat is
fork tender. YMMV.

--
Brick WA7ERO (Youth is wasted on young people)
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Brick wrote:

>>>Certainly no problem with leaving it on. I take it off to use for other
>>>purposes. It's great with eggs and taters for breakfast.
>>>

>>Ew! Brick I respect your opinion but membrain for breakfast?
>>I'll have to put membrain with Chicken feet and brains in my
>>"things to do bin".
>>
>>craigster

> After cooking, what little membrane exists on pork rib flap meat
> is not evident. A little sautee in evoo and butter and the meat is
> fork tender. YMMV.

It isn't rib meat after all - it's diaphragm meat.

seattlepitboss
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Grant Erwin wrote:

> It isn't rib meat after all - it's diaphragm meat.

I thought they were made out of rubber.

[symbol crash]

-sw
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Grant Erwin wrote:

> It isn't rib meat after all - it's diaphragm meat.

This reminded me of the short skit - Talking Meat. Many of you have
probably already read it, but you'll still probably read it again. I
actually subscribed to Omni back than and remembered reading this when it
was first published:

"They're made out of meat."

"Meat?"

"Meat. They're made out of meat."

"Meat?"

"There's no doubt about it. We picked several from different parts of the
planet, took them aboard our recon vessels, probed them all the way
through. They're completely meat."

"That's impossible. What about the radio signals? The messages to the stars."

"They use the radio waves to talk, but the signals don't come from them.
The signals come from machines."

"So who made the machines? That's who we want to contact."

"They made the machines. That's what I'm trying to tell you. Meat made the
machines."

"That's ridiculous. How can meat make a machine? You're asking me to
believe in sentient meat."

"I'm not asking you, I'm telling you. These creatures are the only
sentient race in the sector and they're made out of meat."

"Maybe they're like the Orfolei. You know, a carbon-based intelligence
that goes through a meat stage."

"Nope. They're born meat and they die meat. We studied them for several of
their life spans, which didn't take too long. Do you have any idea the
life span of meat?"

"Spare me. Okay, maybe they're only part meat. You know, like the
Weddilei. A meat head with an electron plasma brain inside."

"Nope. We thought of that, since they do have meat heads like the
Weddilei. But I told you, we probed them. They're meat all the way through."

"No brain?"

"Oh, there is a brain all right. It's just that the brain is made out of
meat!"

"So... what does the thinking?"

"You're not understanding, are you? The brain does the thinking. The meat."

"Thinking meat! You're asking me to believe in thinking meat!"

"Yes, thinking meat! Conscious meat! Loving meat. Dreaming meat. The meat
is the whole deal! Are you getting the picture?"

"Omigod. You're serious then. They're made out of meat."

"Finally, Yes. They are indeed made out meat. And they've been trying to
get in touch with us for almost a hundred of their years."

"So what does the meat have in mind."

"First it wants to talk to us. Then I imagine it wants to explore the
universe, contact other sentients, swap ideas and information. The usual."

"We're supposed to talk to meat?"

"That's the idea. That's the message they're sending out by radio. 'Hello.
Anyone out there? Anyone home?' That sort of thing."

"They actually do talk, then. They use words, ideas, concepts?"

"Oh, yes. Except they do it with meat."

"I thought you just told me they used radio."

"They do, but what do you think is on the radio? Meat sounds. You know how
when you slap or flap meat it makes a noise? They talk by flapping their
meat at each other. They can even sing by squirting air through their meat."

"Omigod. Singing meat. This is altogether too much. So what do you advise?"

"Officially or unofficially?"

"Both."

"Officially, we are required to contact, welcome, and log in any and all
sentient races or multibeings in the quadrant, without prejudice, fear, or
favour. Unofficially, I advise that we erase the records and forget the
whole thing."

"I was hoping you would say that."

"It seems harsh, but there is a limit. Do we really want to make contact
with meat?"

"I agree one hundred percent. What's there to say?" `Hello, meat. How's it
going?' But will this work? How many planets are we dealing with here?"

"Just one. They can travel to other planets in special meat containers,
but they can't live on them. And being meat, they only travel through C
space, which limits them to the speed of light and makes the possibility
of their ever making contact pretty slim. Infinitesimal, in fact."

"So we just pretend there's no one home in the universe."

"That's it."

"Cruel. But you said it yourself, who want to meet meat? And the ones who
have been aboard our vessels, the ones you have probed? You're sure they
won't remember?"

"They'll be considered crackpots if they do. We went into their heads and
smoothed out their meat so that we're just a dream to them."

"A dream to meat! How strangely appropriate, that we should be meat's dream."

"And we can mark this sector unoccupied."

"Good. Agreed, officially and unofficially. Case closed. Any others?
Anyone interesting on that side of the galaxy?"

"Yes, a rather shy but sweet hydrogen core cluster intelligence in a class
nine star in G445 zone. Was in contact two galactic rotation ago, wants to
be friendly again."

"They always come around."

"And why not? Imagine how unbearably, how unutterably cold the universe
would be if one were all alone."

-----

This story originally appeared in Omni April 1991 and was nominated for
the Nebula Award. It is taken from the collection 'Bears Discover Fire',
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Feb 18, 6:13*am, Sqwertz > wrote:
> Grant Erwin wrote:
> > It isn't rib meat after all - it's diaphragm meat.

> This reminded me of the short skit - Talking Meat. *Many of you have

> "Omigod. Singing meat. This is altogether too much. So what do you advise?"

Okay, that cracked me up.

Thanks Steve.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Nunya Bidnits wrote:

> Removing it is no big deal, so there is no reason not to remove it, and it
> does remain detectable after cooking. Cooked properly, it gets sort of
> crispy and I like to eat it. But it is tougher than the rest of the meat so
> IMO it's best to remove it if feeding others.
>
> To remove it, don't struggle. Just separate it along one end, then grab it
> with a piece of *paper towel*, and it will be easy to grasp, and usually
> comes off in one piece.
>
> MartyB in KC

I agree completely, including the paper towels. It helps to start from
the small end. Some peel easier than others- any idea why?

--
Nonny
Some people are like a Slinky: not really
good for anything, but you still can't help
but smile when you shove them down the stairs.
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On 19-Feb-2009, "Nunya Bidnits" > wrote:

> In ,
> Nonnymus > typed:

> >> Ew! Brick I respect your opinion but membrain for breakfast? I'll
> >> have to put membrain with Chicken feet and brains in my "things to
> >> do bin".
> >>
> >> craigster

> > Hmmmm- when I skin ribs before marinading in apple juice, I
> > occasionally get the membrane off in a large sheet. I've never
> > thought of it before, but I wonder if it could be used as a 'wrap'
> > for a sausage. It would probably be permeable to smoke, like
> > intestine. It might be worth a try saving some of the bigger sheets
> > up in the freezer and giving it a try.

> Removing it is no big deal, so there is no reason not to remove it, and
> it
> does remain detectable after cooking. Cooked properly, it gets sort of
> crispy and I like to eat it. But it is tougher than the rest of the meat
> so
> IMO it's best to remove it if feeding others.
>
> To remove it, don't struggle. Just separate it along one end, then grab
> it
> with a piece of *paper towel*, and it will be easy to grasp, and usually
> comes off in one piece.
>
> MartyB in KC

This thread was originally about the flap meat only, but has strayed into
confusion. The OP did ask about removing any residual membrane from
"The Flap Meat" if or when the flap meat was trimmed away from the
rib slab.

--
Brick WA7ERO (Youth is wasted on young people)
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Feb 19, 12:43*pm, "Brick" > wrote:

> This thread has strayed into
> confusion.

And you point is?

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Grant Erwin" > wrote in message
> I've learned how to trim the flap and rib tips off spareribs to make a
> St. Louis cut. I'm curious exactly how you guys prepare the flap meat.
> I've heard you're supposed to remove the membrane from it - how is that
> done? After that, do you brine it? Rub it? What?
>
> .. thanks ..
>
> GWE

I use the flap meat and the remaining trimmings as a base for pasta sauce.

Membrane is easily pulled off using a paper towel to hold the membrane.

Dimitri

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Brick wrote:

> This thread was originally about the flap meat only, but has strayed into
> confusion. The OP did ask about removing any residual membrane from
> "The Flap Meat" if or when the flap meat was trimmed away from the
> rib slab.

Brick, I was out of town for almost 3 weeks and didn't latch onto the
original thread. I thought that it was or included the membrane.
Sorry. Next time I'll try to go back a bit further.

--
Nonny
Some people are like a Slinky: not really
good for anything, but you still can't help
but smile when you shove them down the stairs.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Tutall > wrote:

> On Feb 18, 6:13*am, Sqwertz > wrote:
>> Grant Erwin wrote:
>>> It isn't rib meat after all - it's diaphragm meat.

>> This reminded me of the short skit - Talking Meat. *Many of you have

>> "Omigod. Singing meat. This is altogether too much. So what do you advise?"

> Okay, that cracked me up.
>
> Thanks Steve.

Glad i could help brighten your day. My favorite line phrases were
the ones just before that:

"...Meat sounds. You know how when you slap or flap meat it makes a
noise? They talk by flapping their meat at each other..."

Cracks me up every time. I love the sound of slapping meat.
And apparently I'm not alone.

-sw
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Tutall > wrote:

> On Feb 19, 12:43*pm, "Brick" > wrote:
>
>> This thread has strayed into
>> confusion.

> And you point is?

My sewing machine is on the fritz.

-sw
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Dimitri > wrote:

> I use the flap meat and the remaining trimmings as a base for pasta sauce.
>
> Membrane is easily pulled off using a paper towel to hold the membrane.

...But on a pork flap/diaphram?

I've never even considered the membrane on the flap, let alone knew
or cared that it even had one. It's a 1/2" x 8sq" piece of meat,
ferchristsakes.

-sw
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Sqwertz > wrote:

> Tutall > wrote:
>
>> On Feb 19, 12:43*pm, "Brick" > wrote:
>>
>>> This thread has strayed into
>>> confusion.

>> And you point is?

> My sewing machine is on the fritz.

Damn. That actually might have made sense to somebody
(thread + point).

<sigh> I'll try to be more obscure next time.
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Feb 19, 8:15*pm, Sqwertz > wrote:
> Sqwertz > wrote:
> > Tutall > wrote:

> >> And you point is?

> > My sewing machine is on the fritz.

> Damn. *That actually might have made sense to somebody
> (thread + point).
>
> <sigh> *I'll try to be more obscure next time.

You do that, in the meantime I'll be practicing the oboe to get ready
for spring.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On 19-Feb-2009, Sqwertz > wrote:

> Dimitri > wrote:
>
> > I use the flap meat and the remaining trimmings as a base for pasta
> > sauce.
> >
> > Membrane is easily pulled off using a paper towel to hold the membrane.

> ..But on a pork flap/diaphram?
>
> I've never even considered the membrane on the flap, let alone knew
> or cared that it even had one. It's a 1/2" x 8sq" piece of meat,
> ferchristsakes.
>
> -sw

Watch it Sqwertz, sanity is not allowed here. To reiterate, I like to cook
up the flap meat and serve it with my eggs and grits (or polenta). I
usually
score whatever membrane exists because it makes the meat curl in the
skillet. The membrane has no negative effect on the eating part of the
meal. It isn't pretty to look at, but it is very tender and goes well at
breakfast.
--
Brick WA7ERO (Youth is wasted on young people)
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On 19-Feb-2009, Nonnymus > wrote:

> Brick wrote:
>

> > This thread was originally about the flap meat only, but has strayed
> > into
> > confusion. The OP did ask about removing any residual membrane from
> > "The Flap Meat" if or when the flap meat was trimmed away from the
> > rib slab.
> >

> Brick, I was out of town for almost 3 weeks and didn't latch onto the
> original thread. I thought that it was or included the membrane.
> Sorry. Next time I'll try to go back a bit further.
>
> --
> Nonny

Had I paid more attention, I would have noticed who did the posting
and considered the why and werefores, but from the ruckus that ensued
one would think some folks like to live amongst chaos.

Certainly, we've been all over the subject of rib membrane in the last
six months, but not much has been posted about the flap meat. I thought
the OP had a very valid question.

--
Brick WA7ERO (Youth is wasted on young people)
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

I tried coiling the ribs and skewering them and cooking them on edge. I
draped the flap meat over the skewer and pulled it after it got done.
I see why they call it "the cook's snack"!

I liked the spareribs a whole lot better trimmed to St. Louis style. Fed
all the rib tips to the teenager in the house. Those ribs disappeared
like magic!

Thanks, all

Grant Erwin
Kirkland, Washington
New Braunfels Black Diamond
New Braunfels Bandera
coupla other weird items :-)
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Sqwertz wrote:
> Sqwertz > wrote:
>
>> Tutall > wrote:

>>> And you point is?

>> My sewing machine is on the fritz.

> Damn. That actually might have made sense to somebody
> (thread + point).
>
> <sigh> I'll try to be more obscure next time.

and I thought Fritz had come over to your place and the sewing machine
fell on him......damn, I take stuff too literally

jOhN
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On 20-Feb-2009, Grant Erwin > wrote:

> I tried coiling the ribs and skewering them and cooking them on edge. I
> draped the flap meat over the skewer and pulled it after it got done.
> I see why they call it "the cook's snack"!
>
> I liked the spareribs a whole lot better trimmed to St. Louis style. Fed
> all the rib tips to the teenager in the house. Those ribs disappeared
> like magic!
>
> Thanks, all
>
> Grant Erwin

I had forgotten about the flap being the "Cooks snack". It is that alright.
I also treat the tips with considerable respect. It's a bit of work to
remove
all the cartilage, but I'm rewarded with tasty meat for stir-fry's and bean
dishes. Sometimes we just have a few pieces without prior prep and just
clean them at the table. Any day now the white trash will figure out how
good they are and they'll get packaged separate at premium prices.

--
Brick WA7ERO (Youth is wasted on young people)

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Brick > wrote:

> I had forgotten about the flap being the "Cooks snack". It is that alright.
> I also treat the tips with considerable respect. It's a bit of work to
> remove
> all the cartilage, but I'm rewarded with tasty meat for stir-fry's and bean
> dishes. Sometimes we just have a few pieces without prior prep and just
> clean them at the table. Any day now the white trash will figure out how
> good they are and they'll get packaged separate at premium prices.

They already do. We have our choice between chines and tips
($1.69/lb) and the boneless trim from the bottom ($1.99) each
packages separately, 4 strips to a cryovac package. I use the
latter to make carnitas. Chop into 1" pieces and throw them into a
pot of lard for 20 minutes.

-sw
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Sqwertz > wrote:

> They already do. We have our choice between chines and tips
> ($1.69/lb) and the boneless trim from the bottom ($1.99) each
> packages separately, 4 strips to a cryovac package. I use the
> latter to make carnitas. Chop into 1" pieces and throw them into a
> pot of lard for 20 minutes.

Coirrection: The later strips of meat I'm referring to are "pork
loin grilling strips". They a strip of meat cutt off the boneless
pork loin - I think it's the triangular piece at the bottom of a
bone-in loin chop that is cut off when they make a rounded boneless
pork loin. They fry up into carnitas really good as they have to
strip of fat that get nice and crispy.

I made tasso out of them once as well:

http://i43.tinypic.com/i5aum0.jpg
http://i43.tinypic.com/qxwcp1.jpg

=sw
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Sqwertz > wrote:

> They fry up into carnitas really good as they have to
> strip of fat that get nice and crispy.
>
> I made tasso out of them once as well:
>
> http://i43.tinypic.com/i5aum0.jpg
> http://i43.tinypic.com/qxwcp1.jpg

Oh, I also have the pic of the carnitas:

http://i40.tinypic.com/14cwv2s.jpg

Made a great sandwich one night, with roasted green and hot pepper
strips:

http://i43.tinypic.com/358q5ci.jpg

Now I return you to your regularly scheduled programming while I
prep my spares and lamb breast.

-sw

Chicken Tortilla Soup with All the Trimmings Judy Bolton[_1_] Recipes (moderated) 0 16-09-2009 09:46 AM
Pics of sparerib prep Piedmont Barbecue 21 23-02-2005 05:24 PM
Oster KITCHEN CENTER (FA) with all the trimmings [email protected] Cooking Equipment 0 28-01-2005 09:03 PM
trimmings Jeff Russell Barbecue 10 28-05-2004 12:30 AM
How to cook soups (beef or sparerib) Nicholas Zhou General Cooking 5 24-12-2003 04:44 PM