Dave Bugg

Default HOW MUCH IS LEFT ?

<RJ> wrote:
> As an occasional "meat-burner",
> I'd like to avoid the embarrassment
> of running out of LP in mid-barbecue.

Get a spare tank, that way you won't run-out in mid-grill.
--
Dave
Dave's Pit-Smoked Bar-B-Que

Yip Yap

"<RJ>" > wrote in message

> As an occasional "meat-burner",
> I'd like to avoid the embarrassment
> of running out of LP in mid-barbecue.
>
> Are these tapes you stick on the tank accurate ?
> Any better method ?

You can weigh the tank. The empty weight (tare
weight) is usually stamped onto the tank near the
letters "TW".

-- Yip

Edwin Pawlowski

"<RJ>" > wrote in message

> Are these tapes you stick on the tank accurate ?

Sometimes, bu t they only register whil you are using the gas to make a
temperature differential.

> Any better method ?

I own two cookers and a heater, but I have five tanks between them. I NEVER
run out. Get a spare.

"<RJ>" > wrote in message

> As an occasional "meat-burner",
> I'd like to avoid the embarrassment
> of running out of LP in mid-barbecue.
>
> Any better method ?

Use chacoal instead - you can always tell how much is left in the bag.. ;-)

Herman Munster

Pour some hot water down the tank, feel where it gets cold or notice the
condensation mark.
HM