Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Default Hot smoked salmon (part 2)

Hi guys,

Last week I had some problems with hot smoking salmon. Thanks for al
your tips. I changed the following:
- left the fish uncovered in the fridge for 24 hours to dry
- still use the platter for ease removal from the smoker
- smoke the fish at a temp between 175F-195F
- smoke the fish till it reached an internal temp of 140F

it took about 2.5 hours reach an int temp of 140F. the result was
excellent. I never would have thought that the drying process had such
a big influence on the whole process.

Thanks for your help

Adriaan
The Netherlands
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Sep 18, 10:48*pm, "A. Kesteloo" >
wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> Last week I had some problems with hot smoking salmon. Thanks for al
> your tips. I changed the following:
> - * * * left the fish uncovered in the fridge for 24 hours to dry
> - * * * still use the platter for ease removal from the smoker
> - * * * smoke the fish at a temp between 175F-195F
> - * * * smoke the fish till it reached an internal temp of 140F
>
> it took about 2.5 hours reach an int temp of 140F. the result was
> excellent. I never would have thought that the drying process had such
> a big influence on the whole process.
>
> Thanks for your help
>
> Adriaan
> The Netherlands

Great! Mort sure knows his foods, that's for sure. You got me thinkin
to try this. Seems a good way to make farmed salmon edible.

Smoked Salmon - what to do with it? Melba's Jammin' General Cooking 45 30-07-2010 05:40 PM
Smoked Salmon War[_3_] Barbecue 3 05-05-2010 01:18 AM
Smoked Salmon War[_3_] Preserving 0 22-04-2010 09:57 PM
Smoked salmon: croft smoked. Oz General Cooking 3 24-10-2003 08:03 AM