Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Default Q for dinner

We just had our dinner. Salad, braised cabbage and the pork butt Q I
made a couple of weeks ago on little buns with raw onion and home made
sauce.

I had bagged up the two butts in the Zip Lock vacuum bags. After
defrosting overnight in the fridge, I put the bag into a pot of hot
water and boiled it for a while.

Good meal!

Those new Orowheat brand sandwich thingies are just the ticket for
keeping the Q sandwich low carb for my Diabetic DH.
--
Janet Wilder
Way-the-heck-south Texas
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

In article >,
Janet Wilder > wrote:

> We just had our dinner. Salad, braised cabbage and the pork butt Q I
> made a couple of weeks ago on little buns with raw onion and home made
> sauce.
>
> I had bagged up the two butts in the Zip Lock vacuum bags. After
> defrosting overnight in the fridge, I put the bag into a pot of hot
> water and boiled it for a while.
>
> Good meal!
>
> Those new Orowheat brand sandwich thingies are just the ticket for
> keeping the Q sandwich low carb for my Diabetic DH.

Sounds good. Have you ever investigated low carb tortilla wraps to
substitute for the bread? I also often make lettuce wraps. :-)
--
Peace! Om

--Steve Rothstein

Subscribe:

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Omelet wrote:
> In article >,
> Janet Wilder > wrote:
>
>> We just had our dinner. Salad, braised cabbage and the pork butt Q I
>> made a couple of weeks ago on little buns with raw onion and home made
>> sauce.
>>
>> I had bagged up the two butts in the Zip Lock vacuum bags. After
>> defrosting overnight in the fridge, I put the bag into a pot of hot
>> water and boiled it for a while.
>>
>> Good meal!
>>
>> Those new Orowheat brand sandwich thingies are just the ticket for
>> keeping the Q sandwich low carb for my Diabetic DH.

> Sounds good. Have you ever investigated low carb tortilla wraps to
> substitute for the bread? I also often make lettuce wraps. :-)

We use the Mission low carb flour tortillas. Net of 5g. I've done
lettuce wraps with more oriental-like dishes but lettuce leaves and
Q???? Kind of sacrilig

--
Janet Wilder
Way-the-heck-south Texas
Spelling doesn't count. Cooking does.
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

In article >,
Janet Wilder > wrote:

> Omelet wrote:
> > In article >,
> > Janet Wilder > wrote:
> >
> >> We just had our dinner. Salad, braised cabbage and the pork butt Q I
> >> made a couple of weeks ago on little buns with raw onion and home made
> >> sauce.
> >>
> >> I had bagged up the two butts in the Zip Lock vacuum bags. After
> >> defrosting overnight in the fridge, I put the bag into a pot of hot
> >> water and boiled it for a while.
> >>
> >> Good meal!
> >>
> >> Those new Orowheat brand sandwich thingies are just the ticket for
> >> keeping the Q sandwich low carb for my Diabetic DH.

> > Sounds good. Have you ever investigated low carb tortilla wraps to
> > substitute for the bread? I also often make lettuce wraps. :-)

> We use the Mission low carb flour tortillas. Net of 5g. I've done
> lettuce wraps with more oriental-like dishes but lettuce leaves and
> Q???? Kind of sacrilig

Depends on the lettuce variety. :-)
Boston Butter works well, at least for me!

YMMV as always. <g>
--
Peace! Om

--Steve Rothstein