Jack Schidt®

"Chef Juke" > wrote in message
news
> Hey all,
>
> Well, here's a slightly beer and single malt addled report from the
> lovely town of Wenatchee...

<snippage>

Great report, Juke! Thanks for sharing it. Sounds like Dave will always
have a memorable tale to tell when asked how the early days of business
were...

Jack

Wally Bedford

On Mon, 18 Oct 2004 11:30:32 GMT, "Jack Schidt®"
> reported to us:

>Great report, Juke! Thanks for sharing it. Sounds like Dave will always
>have a memorable tale to tell when asked how the early days of business
>were...
>
>Jack

Boyo, am I sorry that I missed that gig. I kinda feel like a second
class citizen here! I'm glad Dave got the place open, I 'm glad he
sold everything he could BBQ, I'm glad you all went and had fun and
I'm glad that you posted the goings-on.

Wally

"No one has ever had an idea in a dress suit."
Sir Frederick G. Banting
Michael

"Wally Bedford" > wrote in message >
> "No one has ever had an idea in a dress suit."
> Sir Frederick G. Banting

Sorry Wally and Sir Freddie,

But I have at least one a week is a Hickey Freeman suit. Blasted
comfortable suits I might add.

Jack Schidt®

"Michael" > wrote in message

> "Wally Bedford" > wrote in message >
>> "No one has ever had an idea in a dress suit."
>> Sir Frederick G. Banting

> Sorry Wally and Sir Freddie,
>
> But I have at least one a week is a Hickey Freeman suit. Blasted
> comfortable suits I might add.

I wore a wet suit a couple of times.

Jack

Jack Curry

Jack Schidt® wrote:
> "Michael" > wrote in message
>>
>> "Wally Bedford" > wrote in message >
>>> "No one has ever had an idea in a dress suit."
>>> Sir Frederick G. Banting

>> Sorry Wally and Sir Freddie,
>>
>> But I have at least one a week is a Hickey Freeman suit. Blasted
>> comfortable suits I might add.
>>

> I wore a wet suit a couple of times.
>
> Jack

I wet my suit a couple of times.

Jack Curry

BigDog

Jack Sloan wrote in alt.food.barbecue

>> > I wore a wet suit a couple of times.
>> >
>> > Jack

>> I wet my suit a couple of times.
>>
>> Jack Curry
>>

> yeah, but don't wet yer wetsuit....Its a smell that don' go away.

I wet on someone else's suit once.

--
BigDog,
To E-mail me, you know what to do.
BigDog

Jack Sloan wrote in alt.food.barbecue

>> > I wore a wet suit a couple of times.
>> >
>> > Jack

>> I wet my suit a couple of times.
>>
>> Jack Curry
>>

> yeah, but don't wet yer wetsuit....Its a smell that don' go away.

I wet on someone else's suit once.

--
BigDog,
To E-mail me, you know what to do.
Harry Demidavicius

On Wed, 20 Oct 2004 15:51:39 GMT, "Jack Schidt®"
> wrote:

>"Michael" > wrote in message
>>
>> "Wally Bedford" > wrote in message >
>>> "No one has ever had an idea in a dress suit."
>>> Sir Frederick G. Banting

>> Sorry Wally and Sir Freddie,
>>
>> But I have at least one a week is a Hickey Freeman suit. Blasted
>> comfortable suits I might add.
>>

>I wore a wet suit a couple of times.
>
>Jack

I own a couple of suits. They occupy closet space.

Harry
Harry Demidavicius

On Wed, 20 Oct 2004 15:51:39 GMT, "Jack Schidt®"
> wrote:

>"Michael" > wrote in message
>>
>> "Wally Bedford" > wrote in message >
>>> "No one has ever had an idea in a dress suit."
>>> Sir Frederick G. Banting

>> Sorry Wally and Sir Freddie,
>>
>> But I have at least one a week is a Hickey Freeman suit. Blasted
>> comfortable suits I might add.
>>

>I wore a wet suit a couple of times.
>
>Jack

I own a couple of suits. They occupy closet space.

Harry
Harry Demidavicius

On Wed, 20 Oct 2004 15:51:39 GMT, "Jack Schidt®"
> wrote:

>"Michael" > wrote in message
>>
>> "Wally Bedford" > wrote in message >
>>> "No one has ever had an idea in a dress suit."
>>> Sir Frederick G. Banting

>> Sorry Wally and Sir Freddie,
>>
>> But I have at least one a week is a Hickey Freeman suit. Blasted
>> comfortable suits I might add.
>>

>I wore a wet suit a couple of times.
>
>Jack

I own a couple of suits. They occupy closet space.

Harry
ToLo

Michael said on 10/20/2004 10:01 AM:
> "Wally Bedford" > wrote in message >
>
>>"No one has ever had an idea in a dress suit."
>>Sir Frederick G. Banting

> Sorry Wally and Sir Freddie,
>
> But I have at least one a week is a Hickey Freeman suit. Blasted
> comfortable suits I might add.

Didn't know they still made them!! Grew up a couple of blocks from
their original plant. At one time, there were hundreds of clothing
manufacturers there, almost all are gone. As late as 1960s, they were
producing over 15,000,000 suits a year in that area of Rochester, NY.
Michaels, Stern, Bonds, Hickey Freeman, Hickoks....
Michael

"ToLo" > wrote in message
> Michael said on 10/20/2004 10:01 AM:
> > "Wally Bedford" > wrote in message >
> >
> >>"No one has ever had an idea in a dress suit."
> >>Sir Frederick G. Banting

> > Sorry Wally and Sir Freddie,
> >
> > But I have at least one a week is a Hickey Freeman suit. Blasted
> > comfortable suits I might add.
> >

> Didn't know they still made them!! Grew up a couple of blocks from
> their original plant. At one time, there were hundreds of clothing
> manufacturers there, almost all are gone. As late as 1960s, they were
> producing over 15,000,000 suits a year in that area of Rochester, NY.
> Michaels, Stern, Bonds, Hickey Freeman, Hickoks....

Hart, Schaffner & Marx bought them out in the sixties. They are still made
but with the drop in demand and the added overhead the price has gotten a
little out of hand. I buy mine either on sale or with the labels cut out at
a little place on 43rd St in NY. They make about the best off the rack suit
available, IMHO.

Michael

"ToLo" > wrote in message
> Michael said on 10/20/2004 10:01 AM:
> > "Wally Bedford" > wrote in message >
> >
> >>"No one has ever had an idea in a dress suit."
> >>Sir Frederick G. Banting

> > Sorry Wally and Sir Freddie,
> >
> > But I have at least one a week is a Hickey Freeman suit. Blasted
> > comfortable suits I might add.
> >

> Didn't know they still made them!! Grew up a couple of blocks from
> their original plant. At one time, there were hundreds of clothing
> manufacturers there, almost all are gone. As late as 1960s, they were
> producing over 15,000,000 suits a year in that area of Rochester, NY.
> Michaels, Stern, Bonds, Hickey Freeman, Hickoks....

Hart, Schaffner & Marx bought them out in the sixties. They are still made
but with the drop in demand and the added overhead the price has gotten a
little out of hand. I buy mine either on sale or with the labels cut out at
a little place on 43rd St in NY. They make about the best off the rack suit
available, IMHO.

Jack Schidt®

"Michael" > wrote in message

> "Wally Bedford" > wrote in message >
>> "No one has ever had an idea in a dress suit."
>> Sir Frederick G. Banting

> Sorry Wally and Sir Freddie,
>
> But I have at least one a week is a Hickey Freeman suit. Blasted
> comfortable suits I might add.

I wore a wet suit a couple of times.

Jack

ToLo

Michael said on 10/20/2004 10:01 AM:
> "Wally Bedford" > wrote in message >
>
>>"No one has ever had an idea in a dress suit."
>>Sir Frederick G. Banting

> Sorry Wally and Sir Freddie,
>
> But I have at least one a week is a Hickey Freeman suit. Blasted
> comfortable suits I might add.

Didn't know they still made them!! Grew up a couple of blocks from
their original plant. At one time, there were hundreds of clothing
manufacturers there, almost all are gone. As late as 1960s, they were
producing over 15,000,000 suits a year in that area of Rochester, NY.
Michaels, Stern, Bonds, Hickey Freeman, Hickoks....
Wally Bedford

Wenatchee WA Eddie Barbecue 20 18-12-2009 06:39 PM
Dave B.: Q in Cashmere, WA. . near Wenatchee Pierre[_1_] Barbecue 3 05-10-2008 04:47 PM
Update from Dave in Wenatchee.... Chef Juke Barbecue 24 21-11-2004 09:34 PM
Ah to be in Wenatchee today! JakBQuik Barbecue 24 26-10-2004 07:30 PM
OT - Confirmed Travel To Wenatchee M&M Barbecue 47 25-08-2004 03:42 PM