Rick B

Default Claws for Pulling Pork

On one of the barbecue shows on the Food Network, they were using some
"Claw" looking utensils to make pulled pork. They looked like they
worked very well. Does anyone have experience with them, and where
can I buy a set. For the last 6 months pork shoulders have been my
smoking meat of choice. Would love to find an easier way to pull the
meat, and keep from burning my hands as well!

Thanks for any help and advice.
Dave Bugg

Rick B wrote:
> On one of the barbecue shows on the Food Network, they were using some
> "Claw" looking utensils to make pulled pork.

Probably "Bear Paws". I've seen 'em used, and they seem to work fine.
http://www.barbecue-store.com/bearpaw.htm

Louis Cohen

I use Orka silicone mitts for taking the meat out of the pit. For actually
pulling the meat, a pair of carving or serving forks (or one of each) works
fine - no mitts needed.

----
Louis Cohen
Living la vida loca at N37° 43' 7.9" W122° 8' 42.8"

"Rick B" > wrote in message
om...
> On one of the barbecue shows on the Food Network, they were using some
> "Claw" looking utensils to make pulled pork. They looked like they
> worked very well. Does anyone have experience with them, and where
> can I buy a set. For the last 6 months pork shoulders have been my
> smoking meat of choice. Would love to find an easier way to pull the
> meat, and keep from burning my hands as well!
>
> Thanks for any help and advice.

Tyler Hopper

"Dave Bugg" <deebuggatcharterdotnet> wrote in message
> Rick B wrote:
> > On one of the barbecue shows on the Food Network, they were using some
> > "Claw" looking utensils to make pulled pork.

> Probably "Bear Paws". I've seen 'em used, and they seem to work fine.
> http://www.barbecue-store.com/bearpaw.htm

That's them. I saw the same show and they tore a butt in nothing flat.

Max

>"Claw" looking utensils to make pulled pork. They looked like they
>worked very well.

I saw those also and knew I had seen them before and low and behold I saw them
on another show on Food Network where they were used as salad tossing utensils.
That jogged my memory to the fact that I had seen them in some kind of culinary
catalog in a salad bowl set.

Max