Tranch749

Default 2nd time for the rotisserie

I'm going to try and use the rotisserie on my grill again. The first try was
a burnt chicken, but I know what I did wrong. Didn't use indirect heat. Put the
coals right under the chicken and turned it into a chicken lump of coal!
This time I'm going to try and get it right. I'm going to try a small leg of
lamb. Indirect heat, drip pan under lamb to catch drippings and prevent
flareups. A few wood chips for smoke. My question is what is the proper temp to
maintain, and what should the internal temp of the lamb be? Don't like red
lamb, it must be cooked through.
Edwin Pawlowski

"Tranch749" > wrote in message

> This time I'm going to try and get it right. I'm going to try a small

leg of
> lamb. Indirect heat, drip pan under lamb to catch drippings and prevent
> flareups.

Have some of the coals in direct view, but at a distance. Rotissserie
cooking depends on some infrared rays to make the outside so nice.
Otherwise you are just turning meat in an oven. Spread the coals to the
sides.

> A few wood chips for smoke. My question is what is the proper temp to
> maintain, and what should the internal temp of the lamb be?

About 350 and about 145 to 150.

> Don't like red
> lamb, it must be cooked through.

Just remember that you can always cook it more if too pink, but once dried
out, you can't uncook it.
Ed

http://pages.cthome.net/edhome

Edwin Pawlowski

"Tranch749" > wrote in message

> This time I'm going to try and get it right. I'm going to try a small

leg of
> lamb. Indirect heat, drip pan under lamb to catch drippings and prevent
> flareups.

Have some of the coals in direct view, but at a distance. Rotissserie
cooking depends on some infrared rays to make the outside so nice.
Otherwise you are just turning meat in an oven. Spread the coals to the
sides.

> A few wood chips for smoke. My question is what is the proper temp to
> maintain, and what should the internal temp of the lamb be?

About 350 and about 145 to 150.

> Don't like red
> lamb, it must be cooked through.

Just remember that you can always cook it more if too pink, but once dried
out, you can't uncook it.
Ed

http://pages.cthome.net/edhome

Rotisserie rib eye Ed Pawlowski General Cooking 0 21-06-2015 01:07 PM
Killing Time With Triangles or Kilning Triangle Traveler Time Kurt Brown-- Saint Ram Bone General Cooking 0 07-08-2008 05:56 PM
Trying out a new rotisserie hahabogus General Cooking 4 08-03-2008 12:27 AM
Rotisserie Daniel Barbecue 11 30-01-2005 01:15 AM
Rotisserie Aria Barbecue 3 05-10-2003 05:58 PM