Banjo

Default All your lump charcoal questions answered

This is a nice site, proving that:

a) the internet is a beautiful thing
and:
b) some people have a lot of spare time.

http://www.nakedwhiz.com/lump.htm

More info about lump than I thought possible.

See ya!

-Banjo

TFM®

Banjo wrote:
> This is a nice site, proving that:
>
> a) the internet is a beautiful thing
> and:
> b) some people have a lot of spare time.
>
> http://www.nakedwhiz.com/lump.htm
>
> More info about lump than I thought possible.
>
> See ya!
>
> -Banjo

Can't argue with that............much.

TFM®

Lewzephyr

On Thu, 29 Jul 2004 01:50:49 GMT, I needed a babel fish to understand
"Banjo" > :

>This is a nice site, proving that:
>
>a) the internet is a beautiful thing
>and:
>b) some people have a lot of spare time.
>
>http://www.nakedwhiz.com/lump.htm
>
>More info about lump than I thought possible.
>
>See ya!
>
>-Banjo

All except one.... where can I find a "consistent" supply of decent
lump in the Houston Texas area??... (north side Spring / Tomball).

I've found the Real Flavor at Walmart, but the supply for them is
already drying up... I had to hit 5 different stores to finally find a
stock..... and BBQ Galore is ridiculous in their price

but ya, they have some great info on Lump.
Lewzephyr

On Thu, 29 Jul 2004 01:50:49 GMT, I needed a babel fish to understand
"Banjo" > :

>This is a nice site, proving that:
>
>a) the internet is a beautiful thing
>and:
>b) some people have a lot of spare time.
>
>http://www.nakedwhiz.com/lump.htm
>
>More info about lump than I thought possible.
>
>See ya!
>
>-Banjo

All except one.... where can I find a "consistent" supply of decent
lump in the Houston Texas area??... (north side Spring / Tomball).

I've found the Real Flavor at Walmart, but the supply for them is
already drying up... I had to hit 5 different stores to finally find a
stock..... and BBQ Galore is ridiculous in their price

but ya, they have some great info on Lump.
Tyler Hopper

"Lewzephyr" > wrote in message
> On Thu, 29 Jul 2004 01:50:49 GMT, I needed a babel fish to understand
> "Banjo" > :
>
> >This is a nice site, proving that:
> >
> >a) the internet is a beautiful thing
> >and:
> >b) some people have a lot of spare time.
> >
> >http://www.nakedwhiz.com/lump.htm
> >
> >More info about lump than I thought possible.
> >
> >See ya!
> >
> >-Banjo
> >

> All except one.... where can I find a "consistent" supply of decent
> lump in the Houston Texas area??... (north side Spring / Tomball).
>
> I've found the Real Flavor at Walmart, but the supply for them is
> already drying up... I had to hit 5 different stores to finally find a
> stock..... and BBQ Galore is ridiculous in their price
>
> but ya, they have some great info on Lump.

Academy sells lump but, to them, it's a seasonal item. Huh??????????

Otherwise, try a restaurant supply. I'd suspect there'd be one out 1960 way. If
you know people in the restaurant biz they can get it for you too.

Default User

Lewzephyr wrote:

> I've found the Real Flavor at Walmart, but the supply for them is
> already drying up... I had to hit 5 different stores to finally find a
> stock..... and BBQ Galore is ridiculous in their price

Doitbest hardware chain carries Royal Oak. You can try a local store,
use the locator at:

http://doitbest.com

If the store doesn't have the product, they can likely order it for you.

Brian Rodenborn

Lewzephyr wrote:

> I've found the Real Flavor at Walmart, but the supply for them is
> already drying up... I had to hit 5 different stores to finally find a
> stock..... and BBQ Galore is ridiculous in their price

Doitbest hardware chain carries Royal Oak. You can try a local store,
use the locator at:

http://doitbest.com

If the store doesn't have the product, they can likely order it for you.

Brian Rodenborn
Banjo

Usually I just go to Barbecues Galore and get a couple of bags of Big Green
Egg. It's on Westheimer around Voss. If you're on the north side, just
make a monthly pilgrimage and get yourself 3 or 5 bags.

When I am in need and can't get to BG, I can usually find it at Randalls. I
am sure an HEB near you has it, too. Some Krogers. I have bought some off
brand stuff at a place called "Food Country" around the corner from my
house. Lotta big chunks and dust, but better than any briquettes I have
ever used. (I only use briquettes for tailgating. If I have to use
briquettes for anything else, I order pizza).

There is a store on 1960 west of 45 that sells pits, fireplace accesories,
etc. I'll bet they have some, although I didn't notice it last time I was
there (I wasn't really looking for it).

Good luck!

See ya!

-Banjo

"Lewzephyr" > wrote in message
> On Thu, 29 Jul 2004 01:50:49 GMT, I needed a babel fish to understand
> "Banjo" > :
>
> >This is a nice site, proving that:
> >
> >a) the internet is a beautiful thing
> >and:
> >b) some people have a lot of spare time.
> >
> >http://www.nakedwhiz.com/lump.htm
> >
> >More info about lump than I thought possible.
> >
> >See ya!
> >
> >-Banjo
> >

> All except one.... where can I find a "consistent" supply of decent
> lump in the Houston Texas area??... (north side Spring / Tomball).
>
> I've found the Real Flavor at Walmart, but the supply for them is
> already drying up... I had to hit 5 different stores to finally find a
> stock..... and BBQ Galore is ridiculous in their price
>
> but ya, they have some great info on Lump.

Banjo

"Lewzephyr" > wrote in message
> On Thu, 29 Jul 2004 01:50:49 GMT, I needed a babel fish to understand
> "Banjo" > :
>
> >This is a nice site, proving that:
> >
> >a) the internet is a beautiful thing
> >and:
> >b) some people have a lot of spare time.
> >
> >http://www.nakedwhiz.com/lump.htm
> >
> >More info about lump than I thought possible.
> >
> >See ya!
> >
> >-Banjo
> >

> All except one.... where can I find a "consistent" supply of decent
> lump in the Houston Texas area??... (north side Spring / Tomball).
>
> I've found the Real Flavor at Walmart, but the supply for them is
> already drying up... I had to hit 5 different stores to finally find a
> stock..... and BBQ Galore is ridiculous in their price
>
> but ya, they have some great info on Lump.

frohe

Banjo wrote:
> When I am in need and can't get to BG, I can usually find it at
> Randalls. I am sure an HEB near you has it, too.

You can order B&B Lump thru your local HEB. Good stuff!
--
-frohe
Life is too short to be in a hurry

frohe