Pierre

Default Big Lump In Lump Charcoal

Does it **** anybody else off, that when halfway through your new bag
of lump, that there's always this "ONE GIANT PIECE" of lump coal.
This piece usually takes up about 1/4 the space in the bag. Not just
from Cowboy, but from everybody! Doesn't matter who's you buy. really
chaps my hide. aarrrghh. And no, I shouldn't have to chop it up.

Moo
Pierre
Dana Myers

Pierre wrote:
> Does it **** anybody else off, that when halfway through your new bag
> of lump, that there's always this "ONE GIANT PIECE" of lump coal.
> This piece usually takes up about 1/4 the space in the bag. Not just
> from Cowboy, but from everybody! Doesn't matter who's you buy. really
> chaps my hide. aarrrghh. And no, I shouldn't have to chop it up.

I love those lumps for long cooks. Send them to me and I'll
take care of them for you.

Cheers,
Dana
Louis Cohen

Yup, save them and put them on the bottom when you cook butt or brisket,
even ribs for 4+ hrs.

----
Louis Cohen
Living la vida loca at N37° 43' 7.9" W122° 8' 42.8"

"Dana Myers" > wrote in message
m...
> Pierre wrote:
> > Does it **** anybody else off, that when halfway through your new bag
> > of lump, that there's always this "ONE GIANT PIECE" of lump coal.
> > This piece usually takes up about 1/4 the space in the bag. Not just
> > from Cowboy, but from everybody! Doesn't matter who's you buy. really
> > chaps my hide. aarrrghh. And no, I shouldn't have to chop it up.

> I love those lumps for long cooks. Send them to me and I'll
> take care of them for you.
>
> Cheers,
> Dana

Edwin Pawlowski

"Pierre" > wrote in message
om...
> Does it **** anybody else off, that when halfway through your new bag
> of lump, that there's always this "ONE GIANT PIECE" of lump coal.
> This piece usually takes up about 1/4 the space in the bag. Not just
> from Cowboy, but from everybody! Doesn't matter who's you buy. really
> chaps my hide. aarrrghh. And no, I shouldn't have to chop it up.
>
> Moo
> Pierre

Never ****ed me off. I like them as they last a long time. It is easily
broken down with one whack of a hammer. Not worth getting your blood
pressure up.
-
Ed

http://pages.cthome.net/edhome

Tyler Hopper

"Edwin Pawlowski" > wrote in message
news

> "Pierre" > wrote in message
> om...
> > Does it **** anybody else off, that when halfway through your new bag
> > of lump, that there's always this "ONE GIANT PIECE" of lump coal.
> > This piece usually takes up about 1/4 the space in the bag. Not just
> > from Cowboy, but from everybody! Doesn't matter who's you buy. really
> > chaps my hide. aarrrghh. And no, I shouldn't have to chop it up.
> >
> > Moo
> > Pierre

> Never ****ed me off. I like them as they last a long time. It is easily
> broken down with one whack of a hammer. Not worth getting your blood
> pressure up.

Before my restaurant buddy passed I used to buy 40 lb. bags of lump. About 1/4
of it was small logs ~4" in dia. and up to 6" long. I loved it!

Saved them back for long burns at the bottom of the minion pile.

Tyler

Monroe, of course...

In article >, "Tyler Hopper"
> wrote:

> "Edwin Pawlowski" > wrote in message
> news
> >
> > "Pierre" > wrote in message
> > om...
> > > Does it **** anybody else off, that when halfway through your new bag
> > > of lump, that there's always this "ONE GIANT PIECE" of lump coal.
> > > This piece usually takes up about 1/4 the space in the bag. Not just
> > > from Cowboy, but from everybody! Doesn't matter who's you buy. really
> > > chaps my hide. aarrrghh. And no, I shouldn't have to chop it up.
> > >
> > > Moo
> > > Pierre

> > Never ****ed me off. I like them as they last a long time. It is easily
> > broken down with one whack of a hammer. Not worth getting your blood
> > pressure up.

> Before my restaurant buddy passed I used to buy 40 lb. bags of lump. About 1/4
> of it was small logs ~4" in dia. and up to 6" long. I loved it!
>
> Saved them back for long burns at the bottom of the minion pile.

Reallyreally-too much of the lump I've bought lately was unloaded by
airline baggage handlers working part time. Stomped into powder. The
big pieces are 2x2. Count yer blessings.

monroe(smaller ain't better)
Monroe, of course...

In article >, "Tyler Hopper"
> wrote:

> "Edwin Pawlowski" > wrote in message
> news
> >
> > "Pierre" > wrote in message
> > om...
> > > Does it **** anybody else off, that when halfway through your new bag
> > > of lump, that there's always this "ONE GIANT PIECE" of lump coal.
> > > This piece usually takes up about 1/4 the space in the bag. Not just
> > > from Cowboy, but from everybody! Doesn't matter who's you buy. really
> > > chaps my hide. aarrrghh. And no, I shouldn't have to chop it up.
> > >
> > > Moo
> > > Pierre

> > Never ****ed me off. I like them as they last a long time. It is easily
> > broken down with one whack of a hammer. Not worth getting your blood
> > pressure up.

> Before my restaurant buddy passed I used to buy 40 lb. bags of lump. About 1/4
> of it was small logs ~4" in dia. and up to 6" long. I loved it!
>
> Saved them back for long burns at the bottom of the minion pile.

Reallyreally-too much of the lump I've bought lately was unloaded by
airline baggage handlers working part time. Stomped into powder. The
big pieces are 2x2. Count yer blessings.

monroe(smaller ain't better)
Robert Love

In > Pierre wrote:
> Does it **** anybody else off, that when halfway through your new bag
> of lump, that there's always this "ONE GIANT PIECE" of lump coal.
> This piece usually takes up about 1/4 the space in the bag. Not just
> from Cowboy, but from everybody! Doesn't matter who's you buy. really
> chaps my hide. aarrrghh. And no, I shouldn't have to chop it up.

Its not the big chunks I object to. Its the powder. The pieces smaller
than a finger nail or even real sand sized powder. They're typically at
the bottom of the bag. I get the big chunks first but the last time I
use a bag it is fast burning grit with only golf ball or smaller pieces.

Lump charcoal. Bill Wright Barbecue 7 20-10-2005 07:33 PM
lump charcoal fishman99 Barbecue 17 30-06-2005 09:52 AM
Please tell me where to buy lump charcoal anywhere near Sarasota Jack Curry Barbecue 11 04-08-2004 01:45 PM
Lump Charcoal Paull Barbecue 6 11-07-2004 04:56 PM
Whole lump charcoal Rich Engel Barbecue 1 17-10-2003 07:19 PM