Dana Myers

Default The Spare Ribs have left the building

Heavy_Smoker wrote:

> Speaking or prices, what does everyone pay for BB ribs? Generally I'm too
> lazy to shop around... but I've been paying $6/lb. Am I getting
> slaughtered, so to speak?

Local Costco (Cordelia, CA) - baby backs were $4.59/lbs yesterday
Spares were $2.49/lbs.

Dana
\Piedmont\

Bo Hica wrote:
SNIP
> Harris-Teeter stores in NC have spares on special this week for $1.48
> /pound. While there today picking up some steaks for dinner (BBQ
> wnent south - another thread) I noticed a lady with probably 20 slabs
> in her cart - she must have cleared the shelves....
>
> - Bo

Are they St.Louis or the entire slab, brisket (tips) and ribs. Been watching
local Wal-Mart where they have been holding at $1.69 # past couple months.

--
"Piedmont", from Northern, South Carolina!

IN REVERSE: MOC DOT OOHAY AT 4201LIWMA

Clay Cahill

I heard that Dana Myers > said:

>Heavy_Smoker wrote:
>
>> Speaking or prices, what does everyone pay for BB ribs? Generally I'm too
>> lazy to shop around... but I've been paying $6/lb. Am I getting
>> slaughtered, so to speak?

>Local Costco (Cordelia, CA) - baby backs were $4.59/lbs yesterday
>Spares were $2.49/lbs.

Spares 2.17/lb Costco Folsom (CA)... about 5 hrs ago! Aong with the
case of Sierra Nevada I picked up, this will be a pretty good weekend.
Dana Myers

Clay Cahill wrote:

> Spares 2.17/lb Costco Folsom (CA)... about 5 hrs ago! Aong with the
> case of Sierra Nevada I picked up, this will be a pretty good weekend.

Heh. I'm still working on the case of SN Pale Ale I snagged last weekend
at my local Costco ($19.99).

Cheers!
Dana

How lbs of spare ribs? notbob General Cooking 25 18-02-2012 10:07 PM
Spare ribs biig General Cooking 20 25-03-2007 08:42 PM
Spare Ribs Mom2SamTiny Recipes (moderated) 0 18-12-2006 12:38 PM
One of ours has left the building Monroe, of course... Barbecue 59 10-02-2005 07:56 PM
Back Ribs vs Spare Ribs - Cooking/Smoking/Grilling Bob Hayden Barbecue 6 05-01-2004 06:46 PM