Monroe, of course...

Default One of ours has left the building

We just received an e-mail from his beloved wiffe letting us know the
sad news that our dear friend Jack Curry died of a heart attack at his
home Saturday ( 1/29/05). We promised Mrs. Curry that we would let
those of the internet community with whom he was friends know of his
death.
We will miss him - there are no words to say how much his friendship and
kindness meant to us,

Monroe and Miranda
kilikini

Monroe, of course... wrote:
> We just received an e-mail from his beloved wiffe letting us know
> the sad news that our dear friend Jack Curry died of a heart attack
> at his home Saturday ( 1/29/05). We promised Mrs. Curry that we
> would let those of the internet community with whom he was friends
> know of his death.
> We will miss him - there are no words to say how much his friendship
> and kindness meant to us,
>
> Monroe and Miranda

WHAT? Glad to see you're back, Monroe, but is this true?

kili

Matthew L. Martin

Monroe, of course... wrote:
> We just received an e-mail from his beloved wiffe letting us know the
> sad news that our dear friend Jack Curry died of a heart attack at his
> home Saturday ( 1/29/05). We promised Mrs. Curry that we would let
> those of the internet community with whom he was friends know of his
> death.
> We will miss him - there are no words to say how much his friendship and
> kindness meant to us,
>
> Monroe and Miranda

I just received an e-mail from Rindy letting me know that the package of
black cherry wood that I had sent Jack had arrived just after he passed.
They had spent the night before with company and enjoying his ribs. Jack
was a good man and I felt he and I had become friends.

I'll miss him

Matthew
Matthew L. Martin

kilikini wrote:
> Monroe, of course... wrote:
>
>> We just received an e-mail from his beloved wiffe letting us know
>>the sad news that our dear friend Jack Curry died of a heart attack
>>at his home Saturday ( 1/29/05). We promised Mrs. Curry that we
>>would let those of the internet community with whom he was friends
>>know of his death.
>>We will miss him - there are no words to say how much his friendship
>>and kindness meant to us,
>>
>>Monroe and Miranda

> WHAT? Glad to see you're back, Monroe, but is this true?
>
> kili

Unfortunately, it is true.

If anyone would like to send condolences email me at:

mlmartin at mlmartin dot com

and I will send you the family's contact information.

Matthew

JakBQuik

"Monroe, of course..." > wrote in message

<our dear friend Jack Curry died of a heart attack

I'm devestated to hear that news. Jack had a great view on life and a fine
sense of humor. I will miss him. Condolences to his family.

John in Austin (who wants to hear more from Monroe, eventually)

Duwop

"Matthew L. Martin" > wrote in message
> Monroe, of course... wrote:

> > We will miss him - there are no words to say how much his friendship and
> > kindness meant to us,
> >

> I'll miss him

Oh jeeze, as full of life and vigor as he was........? We will all miss him
and his knowledge and style.

Duwop

"Matthew L. Martin" > wrote in message
> Monroe, of course... wrote:

> > We will miss him - there are no words to say how much his friendship and
> > kindness meant to us,
> >

> I'll miss him

Oh jeeze, as full of life and vigor as he was........? We will all miss him
and his knowledge and style.

Stan (the Man)

Monroe, of course... wrote:
> We just received an e-mail from his beloved wiffe letting us know the
> sad news that our dear friend Jack Curry died of a heart attack at his
> home Saturday ( 1/29/05). We promised Mrs. Curry that we would let
> those of the internet community with whom he was friends know of his
> death.
> We will miss him - there are no words to say how much his friendship and
> kindness meant to us,
>
> Monroe and Miranda

How very sad. My deepest sympathy to his family.

--
Stan
Stan (the Man)

Monroe, of course... wrote:
> We just received an e-mail from his beloved wiffe letting us know the
> sad news that our dear friend Jack Curry died of a heart attack at his
> home Saturday ( 1/29/05). We promised Mrs. Curry that we would let
> those of the internet community with whom he was friends know of his
> death.
> We will miss him - there are no words to say how much his friendship and
> kindness meant to us,
>
> Monroe and Miranda

How very sad. My deepest sympathy to his family.

--
Stan

Nathan Lau

Monroe, of course... wrote:

> We just received an e-mail from his beloved wiffe letting us know the
> sad news that our dear friend Jack Curry died of a heart attack at his
> home Saturday ( 1/29/05). We promised Mrs. Curry that we would let
> those of the internet community with whom he was friends know of his
> death.
> We will miss him - there are no words to say how much his friendship and
> kindness meant to us,
>
> Monroe and Miranda

Ugh, no! The mind reels, the heart sinks.

--
Aloha,

Nathan Lau
San Jose, CA

#include <std.disclaimer>
John O

Bummer.
I didn't know Jack, but he always seemed to have great advice, and posted
some very funny stuff. For that, I respected him.

Now, he knows.

....if there's beer and Q in heaven. Bottom's up, Jack.

-John O

Pierre

Nathan Lau wrote:
> Monroe, of course... wrote:
>
> > We just received an e-mail from his beloved wiffe letting us

know the
> > sad news that our dear friend Jack Curry died of a heart attack at

his
> > home Saturday ( 1/29/05). We promised Mrs. Curry that we would

let
> > those of the internet community with whom he was friends know of

his
> > death.
> > We will miss him - there are no words to say how much his

friendship and
> > kindness meant to us,
> >
> > Monroe and Miranda

Monroe, thanks for passing the info along. Very sad. He'll be missed.
PC

TonyM

This is a sad loss. Jack was one of the non-snobs that accepted people that
liked to Top Post, even if only to upset those that think they could police
the internet.

"Monroe, of course..." > wrote in message
> We just received an e-mail from his beloved wiffe letting us know the
> sad news that our dear friend Jack Curry died of a heart attack at his
> home Saturday ( 1/29/05). We promised Mrs. Curry that we would let
> those of the internet community with whom he was friends know of his
> death.
> We will miss him - there are no words to say how much his friendship and
> kindness meant to us,
>
> Monroe and Miranda

Graeme...in London

"Monroe, of course..." > wrote in message
> We just received an e-mail from his beloved wiffe letting us know the
> sad news that our dear friend Jack Curry died of a heart attack at his
> home Saturday ( 1/29/05). We promised Mrs. Curry that we would let
> those of the internet community with whom he was friends know of his
> death.
> We will miss him - there are no words to say how much his friendship and
> kindness meant to us,
>
> Monroe and Miranda

I never had the pleasure of meeting Jack, but felt as though I knew him well
enough to have called him a friend.

I, and undoubtedly others too, learned and gleaned a lot from Jack and will
forever be indebted. I for one will never forget his close camaraderie and
the wit he enthused.

Our newsgroups have lost a lot more than one person.

May he rest in peace.

Graeme

Graeme...in London

"Monroe, of course..." > wrote in message
> We just received an e-mail from his beloved wiffe letting us know the
> sad news that our dear friend Jack Curry died of a heart attack at his
> home Saturday ( 1/29/05). We promised Mrs. Curry that we would let
> those of the internet community with whom he was friends know of his
> death.
> We will miss him - there are no words to say how much his friendship and
> kindness meant to us,
>
> Monroe and Miranda

I never had the pleasure of meeting Jack, but felt as though I knew him well
enough to have called him a friend.

I, and undoubtedly others too, learned and gleaned a lot from Jack and will
forever be indebted. I for one will never forget his close camaraderie and
the wit he enthused.

Our newsgroups have lost a lot more than one person.

May he rest in peace.

Graeme

Frank Mancuso

Monroe, of course... wrote:
> We just received an e-mail from his beloved wiffe letting us know the
> sad news that our dear friend Jack Curry died of a heart attack at his
> home Saturday ( 1/29/05). We promised Mrs. Curry that we would let
> those of the internet community with whom he was friends know of his
> death.
> We will miss him - there are no words to say how much his friendship and
> kindness meant to us,
>
> Monroe and Miranda

Between him & The Hound, there's some barbequein' going on up there
somewhere!
Frank in Austin
Frank Mancuso

Monroe, of course... wrote:
> We just received an e-mail from his beloved wiffe letting us know the
> sad news that our dear friend Jack Curry died of a heart attack at his
> home Saturday ( 1/29/05). We promised Mrs. Curry that we would let
> those of the internet community with whom he was friends know of his
> death.
> We will miss him - there are no words to say how much his friendship and
> kindness meant to us,
>
> Monroe and Miranda

Between him & The Hound, there's some barbequein' going on up there
somewhere!
Frank in Austin
Chef Juke

On 1 Feb 2005 09:31:26 -0800, "Pierre" > wrote:

>Nathan Lau wrote:
>> Monroe, of course... wrote:
>>
>> > We just received an e-mail from his beloved wiffe letting us

>know the
>> > sad news that our dear friend Jack Curry died of a heart attack at

>his
>> > home Saturday ( 1/29/05). We promised Mrs. Curry that we would

>let
>> > those of the internet community with whom he was friends know of

>his
>> > death.
>> > We will miss him - there are no words to say how much his

>friendship and
>> > kindness meant to us,
>> >
>> > Monroe and Miranda

>Monroe, thanks for passing the info along. Very sad. He'll be missed.
>PC

Damn.

Just....Damn.

My condolences to friends and family.

-Chef Juke
"EVERYbody Eats When They Come To MY House!"

David Wright

On Tue, 01 Feb 2005 18:15:32 GMT, Frank Mancuso
> wrote:

>Between him & The Hound, there's some barbequein' going on up there
>somewhere!

>Frank in Austin

Along with Jerry Jungmann. Dang, that sounds like fun!

David

Monroe, of course... wrote:
> We just received an e-mail from his beloved wiffe letting us know the

> sad news that our dear friend Jack Curry died of a heart attack at

his
> home Saturday ( 1/29/05). We promised Mrs. Curry that we would let
> those of the internet community with whom he was friends know of his
> death.
> We will miss him - there are no words to say how much his friendship

and
> kindness meant to us,
>
> Monroe and Miranda

I'm not in many ng's... but, to lose two members (that I got to know a
bit) is quite an experience.

I'll Jack, too. He was one of the those that gave generously of his
wisdom and advice.

Rob
(There must be some awesome 'Q in heaven)

Dave Bugg

Monroe, of course... wrote:
> We just received an e-mail from his beloved wiffe letting us know
> the sad news that our dear friend Jack Curry died of a heart attack
> at his home Saturday ( 1/29/05).

Proverbs 24:5 says "A wise man has great power, and a man of knowledge
increases strength". Jack was such a man.

Although we could vehemenetly disagree on politics, we both enjoyed far too
many things in common to let that be the defining course of our friendship.
I will miss the man, but take comfort in the fact that I will carry his
memory, as will the collective of this newsgroup.

Semper Fi, my friend and comrade; Semper Fi.
--
Dave
Dave's Pit-Smoked Bar-B-Que

Dave Bugg

Monroe, of course... wrote:
> We just received an e-mail from his beloved wiffe letting us know
> the sad news that our dear friend Jack Curry died of a heart attack
> at his home Saturday ( 1/29/05).

Proverbs 24:5 says "A wise man has great power, and a man of knowledge
increases strength". Jack was such a man.

Although we could vehemenetly disagree on politics, we both enjoyed far too
many things in common to let that be the defining course of our friendship.
I will miss the man, but take comfort in the fact that I will carry his
memory, as will the collective of this newsgroup.

Semper Fi, my friend and comrade; Semper Fi.
--
Dave
Dave's Pit-Smoked Bar-B-Que
http://davebbq.com/

Dana H. Myers

Monroe, of course... wrote:
> We just received an e-mail from his beloved wiffe letting us know the
> sad news that our dear friend Jack Curry died of a heart attack at his
> home Saturday ( 1/29/05).

Oh man. Godspeed, Jack. My best to Jack's family and friends.

I'll always keep Jack's Pastrami recipe.

Dana

Jack Sloan

"Dave Bugg" > wrote in message
> Monroe, of course... wrote:
> > We just received an e-mail from his beloved wiffe letting us know
> > the sad news that our dear friend Jack Curry died of a heart attack
> > at his home Saturday ( 1/29/05).

> Proverbs 24:5 says "A wise man has great power, and a man of knowledge
> increases strength". Jack was such a man.
>
> Although we could vehemenetly disagree on politics, we both enjoyed far

too
> many things in common to let that be the defining course of our

friendship.
> I will miss the man, but take comfort in the fact that I will carry his
> memory, as will the collective of this newsgroup.
>
> Semper Fi, my friend and comrade; Semper Fi.
> --
> Dave
> Dave's Pit-Smoked Bar-B-Que
> http://davebbq.com/

I too, shall miss him.
Jack

Jack Sloan

"Dave Bugg" > wrote in message
> Monroe, of course... wrote:
> > We just received an e-mail from his beloved wiffe letting us know
> > the sad news that our dear friend Jack Curry died of a heart attack
> > at his home Saturday ( 1/29/05).

> Proverbs 24:5 says "A wise man has great power, and a man of knowledge
> increases strength". Jack was such a man.
>
> Although we could vehemenetly disagree on politics, we both enjoyed far

too
> many things in common to let that be the defining course of our

friendship.
> I will miss the man, but take comfort in the fact that I will carry his
> memory, as will the collective of this newsgroup.
>
> Semper Fi, my friend and comrade; Semper Fi.
> --
> Dave
> Dave's Pit-Smoked Bar-B-Que
> http://davebbq.com/

I too, shall miss him.
Jack

Mark

Delurking... I'm very saddened by Jack's passing. I've enjoyed his
posts, and have kept much of his posted knowledge and plan to put to put
to good use when the snow clears with my new WSM gift. My thoughts and
prayers are with his family.

-mark
> We just received an e-mail from his beloved wiffe letting us know the
> sad news that our dear friend Jack Curry died of a heart attack at his
> home Saturday ( 1/29/05). We promised Mrs. Curry that we would let
> those of the internet community with whom he was friends know of his
> death.
> We will miss him - there are no words to say how much his friendship and
> kindness meant to us,
>
> Monroe and Miranda

Brick

On 1-Feb-2005, "Pierre" > wrote:

> Nathan Lau wrote:
> > Monroe, of course... wrote:
> >
> > > We just received an e-mail from his beloved wiffe letting us

> know the sad news that our dear friend Jack Curry died of a heart attack
> at
> his home Saturday ( 1/29/05). We promised Mrs. Curry that we would
> let those of the internet community with whom he was friends know of
> his death.
> > > We will miss him - there are no words to say how much his

> friendship and kindness meant to us,
> > >
> > > Monroe and Miranda

> Monroe, thanks for passing the info along. Very sad. He'll be missed.
> PC

I'm very sorry to hear about Jack. Who would have thought it? I thought
the grim reaper was going to get me a couple of months ago. But I cheated
him this time. The loss of Jack's ready banter is going to leave a big hole
in this group. He will be remembered as will the 'Hound' for as long as this
NG lasts at least.

Brick (Keep the shiny side up)

"Monroe, of course..." > wrote:
> We just received an e-mail from his beloved wiffe letting us know the
> sad news that our dear friend Jack Curry died of a heart attack at his
> home Saturday ( 1/29/05). We promised Mrs. Curry that we would let
> those of the internet community with whom he was friends know of his
> death.
> We will miss him - there are no words to say how much his friendship and
> kindness meant to us,
>
> Monroe and Miranda

Sad news, indeed. Jack was an adventurous, good natured, kindhearted Q'er,
good friend and worthy adversary. I'll miss him in all of those aspects.

RIP, Jack. Most sincere condolences to your wife, family and inner circle.

I go now to tip a cup o' fellowship in honor of having known ya!

--
Nick. To help with tsunami relief, go to: http://usafreedomcorps.gov/

Thank a Veteran and Support Our Troops. You are not forgotten Thanks ! ! !

F.G. Whitfurrows

This sux.

I consider jack not only my mentor, but my friend. I had a chance ot meet
him last summer while in Florida and will forever regret letting that chance
slip by.

--
Fosco Gamgee Whitfurrows
and his 6" boner

Jeanine Hoffman

On Tue, 01 Feb 2005 15:42:40 GMT, "Monroe, of course..."
> wrote:

> We just received an e-mail from his beloved wiffe letting us know the
>sad news that our dear friend Jack Curry died of a heart attack at his
>home Saturday ( 1/29/05). We promised Mrs. Curry that we would let
>those of the internet community with whom he was friends know of his
>death.
>We will miss him - there are no words to say how much his friendship and
>kindness meant to us,
>
>Monroe and Miranda

I just recieved an email from someone here to let me know. Please add
my condolences to the rest-no matter what went on in this group Jack
was always a steading force here. I'm very sorry I haven't been more
active in the past several months, it is a missed chance to learn and
enjoy an amazing person.

Jeanine
Craig Watts

Monroe, of course... wrote:
> We just received an e-mail from his beloved wiffe letting us know the
> sad news that our dear friend Jack Curry died of a heart attack at his
> home Saturday ( 1/29/05). We promised Mrs. Curry that we would let
> those of the internet community with whom he was friends know of his
> death.
> We will miss him - there are no words to say how much his friendship and
> kindness meant to us,
>
> Monroe and Miranda

I can add only that my heart sunk when I read this. Take care Jack. I
will honor the time spent here with you.

May his family stay strong.

Craig Watts
TFM®

Duwop wrote:
> "Matthew L. Martin" > wrote in message
>> Monroe, of course... wrote:

>>> We will miss him - there are no words to say how much his
>>> friendship and kindness meant to us,
>>>

>> I'll miss him
>>

> Oh jeeze, as full of life and vigor as he was........? We will all
> miss him and his knowledge and style.

Yeah, my first thoughts too. So full of life and so apparently healthy.
Damn. I'll miss him, we all will.

Goodbye my friend.

TFM®

bbq

Monroe, of course... wrote:
> We just received an e-mail from his beloved wiffe letting us know the
> sad news that our dear friend Jack Curry died of a heart attack at his
> home Saturday ( 1/29/05). We promised Mrs. Curry that we would let
> those of the internet community with whom he was friends know of his
> death.
> We will miss him - there are no words to say how much his friendship and
> kindness meant to us,
>
> Monroe and Miranda

I am so sorry to hear this sad news. May he rest in peace. My
condolences to all his family and friends.

BBQ

Matthew L. Martin

F.G. Whitfurrows wrote:
> This sux.
>
> I consider jack not only my mentor, but my friend. I had a chance ot meet
> him last summer while in Florida and will forever regret letting that chance
> slip by.

Yeah, I remember the "tough love" administered. Good that it worked.

Matthew

You can't win
You can't break even
You can't get out of the game
F.G. Whitfurrows

Matthew L. Martin wrote:
> F.G. Whitfurrows wrote:
>> This sux.
>>
>> I consider jack not only my mentor, but my friend. I had a chance ot
>> meet him last summer while in Florida and will forever regret
>> letting that chance slip by.
>>

> Yeah, I remember the "tough love" administered. Good that it worked.
>
> Matthew

Hell, I'd a never got the hang of good Q'n or this NG thing without Jack
there to help me through. I'd a just become some sorta top postin' trollin'
rib boilin' freak of nature, for sure.

And to think It was Jack that actually labeled me a "God of Barbecue".

I'm *never* eatin' a Guinea Pig, though. Never!

--
Fosco Gamgee Whitfurrows
and his 6" boner

BigDog

Monroe, of course... wrote in alt.binaries.food

> We just received an e-mail from his beloved wiffe
> letting us know the
> sad news that our dear friend Jack Curry died of a heart
> attack at his home Saturday ( 1/29/05). We promised Mrs.
> Curry that we would let those of the internet community
> with whom he was friends know of his death.
> We will miss him - there are no words to say how much his
> friendship and kindness meant to us,
>
> Monroe and Miranda

Holy hell, Just heard about this from Nick. I can't believe it.
I can't express my feelings with my fingers.
I am just too sad!

--
BigDog,
To E-mail me, you know what to do.
Wally Bedford

On Tue, 01 Feb 2005 15:42:40 GMT, "Monroe, of course..."
> reported to us:

> We just received an e-mail from his beloved wiffe letting us know the
>sad news that our dear friend Jack Curry died of a heart attack at his
>home Saturday ( 1/29/05). We promised Mrs. Curry that we would let
>those of the internet community with whom he was friends know of his
>death.
>We will miss him - there are no words to say how much his friendship and
>kindness meant to us,
>
>Monroe and Miranda

My friends are going to wonder why I'm having a big ol' Drambuie with
my next cook...

Thanks, Jack. The world is a bit better for the footprints you have
left.

Wally

"No one has ever had an idea in a dress suit."
Sir Frederick G. Banting
David G.

BigDog wrote:
> Monroe, of course... wrote in alt.binaries.food
>
>> We just received an e-mail from his beloved wiffe
>> letting us know the
>> sad news that our dear friend Jack Curry died of a heart
>> attack at his home Saturday ( 1/29/05). We promised Mrs.
>> Curry that we would let those of the internet community
>> with whom he was friends know of his death.
>> We will miss him - there are no words to say how much his
>> friendship and kindness meant to us,
>>
>> Monroe and Miranda

That just sucks....

Building a Ebulliometer [email protected] Winemaking 1 11-06-2007 04:37 PM
Building a recipe Debbie General Cooking 26 11-11-2005 04:52 AM
building a smoker A. Kesteloo Barbecue 0 05-09-2005 11:20 PM
Help building a big un. Survivalist Barbecue 4 26-06-2005 12:13 PM
The Spare Ribs have left the building Dana Myers Barbecue 4 18-06-2004 07:04 AM