Old 14-02-2004, 10:50 PM
F.G. Whitfurrows

Default BBQ Map project

Well....there's my house in Auburn WA.

Then there's

The Golden Rule BBQ in Birmingham AL.

and

Dreamland in Tuscaloosa AL.

I'd give ya some more good ones here in Washington, but trust me, there
ain't any.

Old 14-02-2004, 11:20 PM
JD

"F.G. Whitfurrows" wrote in message

Well....there's my house in Auburn WA.

Then there's

The Golden Rule BBQ in Birmingham AL.

and

Dreamland in Tuscaloosa AL.

I'd give ya some more good ones here in Washington, but trust me,
there ain't any.

You haven't tried Double Barrel BBQ in Burlington apparently and you must
not be terribly impressed with Bodacious BBQ in Granite Falls. The Brick
House in Everett finally died a long overdue death.

JD

Old 15-02-2004, 01:53 AM
Chef Juke

On Sat, 14 Feb 2004 23:20:59 GMT, "JD"
wrote:

"F.G. Whitfurrows" wrote in message

Well....there's my house in Auburn WA.

Then there's

The Golden Rule BBQ in Birmingham AL.

and

Dreamland in Tuscaloosa AL.

I'd give ya some more good ones here in Washington, but trust me,
there ain't any.

You haven't tried Double Barrel BBQ in Burlington apparently and you must
not be terribly impressed with Bodacious BBQ in Granite Falls. The Brick
House in Everett finally died a long overdue death.

JD

Is that an official submission for inlcusion on the map, JD?

Just askin'....

-Chef Juke
http://www.chefjuke.com
"Everybody Eats when they come to MY house!"

(Remove the CAPS from the return address when sending email replies)

Old 15-02-2004, 01:57 AM
F.G. Whitfurrows

"Chef Juke" wrote Is that an official submission
for inlcusion on the map, JD?

Just askin'....

On JD's behalf I'll say that that is an official submission. Bodacious does
make some purty good sammiches. Never tried the ribs but judgin' by the
looks of that giant Klose he's got out back I'm bettin they're pretty good.
As for Double Barrel, never tried it but JD swears its good and he seems to
know his Q.

--
Fosco Gamgee Whitfurrows
and his 6" boner

Old 15-02-2004, 02:01 AM
F.G. Whitfurrows

"JD" wrote
You haven't tried Double Barrel BBQ in Burlington apparently and you must
not be terribly impressed with Bodacious BBQ in Granite Falls. The Brick
House in Everett finally died a long overdue death.

I stand corrected, JD. Bodacious does appear to be allright. Doubt I'll ever
get to Burlington to try the other. And I did notice the closing of the
Brick House. I didn't get all watery over that one.

What about Big Bam's in the Everett Mall? Any opinions? The fact that its in
a mall kinda scared me away. And the guy is actually named Bam.
Sheesh...whatta mom.

--
Fosco Gamgee Whitfurrows
and his 6" boner

Old 15-02-2004, 02:04 AM
F.G. Whitfurrows

Ok, man....you added Dreamland and The Golden Rule but you seem to have
forgotten to add Fosco's House.

That would be:

Fosco's House
Auburn Washington

I'm hurt.

--
Fosco Gamgee Whitfurrows
and his 6" boner

Old 15-02-2004, 03:13 AM
Jack Sloan

"Chef Juke" wrote in message
news

Don't forget Coopers in Llano...Texas that is.
Jack

Old 15-02-2004, 03:25 AM
Chef Juke

On Sat, 14 Feb 2004 18:04:05 -0800, "F.G. Whitfurrows"
wrote:

Ok, man....you added Dreamland and The Golden Rule but you seem to have
forgotten to add Fosco's House.

That would be:

Fosco's House
Auburn Washington

I'm hurt.

No hold on there...

2 things, one, I'm gonna run outta room if I try to put all the AFBers
AND their favorite Q joints on the same map.., I haven't gotten around
to the AFBers map yet.....next, I found a copy of another mapping
program that'll let me do regional maps and stats and such as soon as
I get it in my hot little hands on it, I'll see about getting
everything on one highfalutin' map web thingy.

Old 15-02-2004, 03:34 AM
F.G. Whitfurrows

"Chef Juke" wrote

No hold on there...

Heeheeheeheeheeeeeee.:)

--
Fosco Gamgee Whitfurrows
and his 6" boner

Old 15-02-2004, 07:40 AM
JD

"F.G. Whitfurrows" wrote in message

Ok, man....you added Dreamland and The Golden Rule but you seem to
have forgotten to add Fosco's House.

That would be:

Fosco's House
Auburn Washington

I'm hurt.

You forgot to add the street address and whether you take Visa.

JD

Old 15-02-2004, 07:46 AM
JD

"F.G. Whitfurrows" wrote in message

"JD" wrote
You haven't tried Double Barrel BBQ in Burlington apparently and you
must not be terribly impressed with Bodacious BBQ in Granite Falls.
The Brick House in Everett finally died a long overdue death.

I stand corrected, JD. Bodacious does appear to be allright. Doubt
I'll ever get to Burlington to try the other. And I did notice the
closing of the Brick House. I didn't get all watery over that one.

No kidding. That was the most pathetically Norwegian bachelor farmer excuse
for Q I ever tasted. I'm amazed they lasted as long as they did.

What about Big Bam's in the Everett Mall? Any opinions? The fact that
its in a mall kinda scared me away. And the guy is actually named Bam.
Sheesh...whatta mom.

Damn, I wonder if it's that guy that had the place in Arlington. That place
wasn't bad but way overpriced. I haven't been to the mall in a coon's age
but since Jones' BBQ opened up a branch in a Bellevue mall I'm willing to
supress my instincts and try it once. They may get the taste right but mall
ambience just don't cut it for Q.

JD

Old 15-02-2004, 09:02 AM
Chef Juke

On Sun, 15 Feb 2004 07:46:40 GMT, "JD"
wrote:

"F.G. Whitfurrows" wrote in message

"JD" wrote
You haven't tried Double Barrel BBQ in Burlington apparently and you
must not be terribly impressed with Bodacious BBQ in Granite Falls.
The Brick House in Everett finally died a long overdue death.

I stand corrected, JD. Bodacious does appear to be allright. Doubt
I'll ever get to Burlington to try the other. And I did notice the
closing of the Brick House. I didn't get all watery over that one.

No kidding. That was the most pathetically Norwegian bachelor farmer excuse
for Q I ever tasted. I'm amazed they lasted as long as they did.

SNIP!

Hey now,

Watch it with the anti-Norwegian comments....

I'm half Norwegian and it ain't hurt my 'Que none.

"Barbecue and Lutefisk...two great tastes that taste great together!"

(hell, you drink enough Aquavit and ANYTHING will tase good...)

Old 15-02-2004, 11:23 AM
BOB

wrote:

No kidding. That was the most pathetically Norwegian bachelor farmer excuse
for Q I ever tasted. I'm amazed they lasted as long as they did.

SNIP!

Hey now,

Watch it with the anti-Norwegian comments....

I'm half Norwegian and it ain't hurt my 'Que none.

"Barbecue and Lutefisk...two great tastes that taste great together!"

(hell, you drink enough Aquavit and ANYTHING will tase good...)

I've got a recipe for Lutefisk, and since it involves fire, I guess it's
barbecue. If you want, I can dig it up for you.
8-)

BOB

Old 15-02-2004, 02:57 PM
JD

wrote:

[...]

Hey, it takes less than half a bottle of the stuff to completely disconnect
your taste buds. As a former SIL of a Norwegian farmer I've choked down more
lutefisk than I should have, surviving only by consuming copious amounts of
aquavit *before* eating. I would guess that purpose of pairing Q with it
would be so you could use a potent habanero sauce to burn out the lutefisk
taste. OTOH, a little smoke flavor could only improve the lutefisk (ewww!)

JD

Old 15-02-2004, 07:24 PM
Thomas Cormen

"F.G. Whitfurrows" writes:

Then there's

The Golden Rule BBQ in Birmingham AL.

Fos, you should try Miss Myra's in Birmingham. Much better than
Golden Rule.

I'd also add Old Clinton BBQ in Clinton, GA to the map. And, in case
nobody has mentioned them yet, the multitude of Q joints in Lexington,
NC. Jimmy's is my favorite of the Lexington places.

I recently found that there's decent (but not spectacular) Q in
Manchester, NH: Down and Dirty.

--THC

Tom Cormen Voice: (603) 646-2417
Associate Professor Fax: (603) 646-1672