Jon Endres, PE

Default Slightly OT - instant-read digital thermometer?

I like the one that Alton Brown uses on his show. Any idea what it is, or
is there a better option? I have a Polder with the wired probe, but I want
something I can use a bit more effectively on thin cuts and in the kitchen.

Replies here are fine - I read a.f.b. every day.

--
Jon Endres, PE
Reply To: wmengineer (at) adelphia (dot) net

Robert

"Jon Endres, PE" wrote:

> I like the one that Alton Brown uses on his show. Any idea what it is, or
> is there a better option? I have a Polder with the wired probe, but I want
> something I can use a bit more effectively on thin cuts and in the kitchen.
>
> Replies here are fine - I read a.f.b. every day.
>
> --
> Jon Endres, PE
> Reply To: wmengineer (at) adelphia (dot) net

Never seen the Alton Brown show, perhaps we don't get it in MN. The Owens
Thermapen has a reported 4 second read time and works well with thin cuts. It
is often seen in the hands of the cooks in the TV show 'Americas Test
Kitchen'. Lot of info and choices on this link: http://www.thermoworks.com/
.. Spendy, tho, at $80

robert

Saunka [BOA]

"Jon Endres, PE" t> wrote in
message ...
> I like the one that Alton Brown uses on his show. Any idea what it is, or
> is there a better option? I have a Polder with the wired probe, but I

want
> something I can use a bit more effectively on thin cuts and in the

kitchen.

> Replies here are fine - I read a.f.b. every day.
>
> --
> Jon Endres, PE
> Reply To: wmengineer (at) adelphia (dot) net

Alton has a Thermapen in his collection. If you're thinking of the grey one
with the swingout probe, that's what you're looking for.

Jon Endres, PE

That's the one. Thanks.

Jon

"Saunka [BOA]" > wrote in message