Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Default time it takes to do a butt

Dana K6JQ wrote:
> On May 4, 5:51 pm, "Nunya Bidnits" > wrote:
>
>> Neither do "trained" KCBS contest judges. The fascination with candy sweet
>> sauce obscuring the flavor of the meat has become thoroughly ridiculous.

> There's nothing magic about trained/certified KCBS judges; they're
> human, too.
> They can get the training and still carry a bias, there's always an
> activist in
> every crowd.
>
> Some folks pour sugar in their coffee, others will pour it on their
> meat, sadly.
>
> I'm of the mind that sauce is a seasoning, just like salt or pepper or
> rub or
> whatever. A little seasoning - a little sauce - can really enhance
> flavor,
> but it's crucial that the sauce blends smoothly in. Another way to
> think of it is
> like perfume or cologne - if you can smell it, you've put too much on.
>

> Dana K6JQ

Right on. I always serve a bit of S&S "Cinderella sauce" on the side.
(and take pride on how few reach for it)

turkey and butt at the same time Eddie Barbecue 9 24-12-2009 10:22 PM
First Time Port Butt [email protected] Barbecue 22 24-10-2007 09:44 PM
time for pork butt? Paul Barbecue 9 13-06-2005 12:40 AM
Cooking takes too much time .... Ted Harvard General Cooking 6 20-06-2004 10:50 PM
Smoking pork butt 1st time Dave Bugg Barbecue 13 16-05-2004 10:08 PM