Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Default Tennessee Vinegar BBQ Sauce

Hi Dave,
I live in eastern Tennessee, on the Cumberland Plateau. Here's the
recipe we use for the vinegar sauce and for the cole slaw we pile on
top. This is a vinegary dish!
Jane

Tennessee Vinegar BBQ Sauce

3/4 cup cider vinegar
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup thinly sliced onion
1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
1/8 teaspoons crushed red pepper (more or less to your liking)
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper

Combine all of the ingredients in a jar and stir until the sugar and
salt dissolve.

Tennessee Vinegar Cole Slaw
makes about 2 1/2 cups

2 cups Cider vinegar
3 tablespoons ketchup
2 tablespoons brown sugar
4 teaspoons coarse salt
1 tablespoon Tabasco or other hot sauce, or more or less to taste
1 to 2 teaspoons hot red pepper flakes, or more or less to taste
1 to 2 teaspoons black pepper

1 small head green or savoy cabbage
1 cup North Carolina Vinegar Sauce

Mix all sauce ingredients in non-reactive bowl. Finely shred cabbage.
Mix all together and chill.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Oct 30, 4:02 pm, Jane > wrote:
> Hi Dave,
> I live in eastern Tennessee, on the Cumberland Plateau. Here's the
> recipe we use for the vinegar sauce and for the cole slaw we pile on
> top. This is a vinegary dish!
> Jane
>
> Tennessee Vinegar BBQ Sauce
>
> 3/4 cup cider vinegar
> 1/2 cup water
> 1/2 cup thinly sliced onion
> 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
> 1/8 teaspoons crushed red pepper (more or less to your liking)
> 1 teaspoon salt
> 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
>
> Combine all of the ingredients in a jar and stir until the sugar and
> salt dissolve.
>
> Tennessee Vinegar Cole Slaw
> makes about 2 1/2 cups
>
> 2 cups Cider vinegar
> 3 tablespoons ketchup
> 2 tablespoons brown sugar
> 4 teaspoons coarse salt
> 1 tablespoon Tabasco or other hot sauce, or more or less to taste
> 1 to 2 teaspoons hot red pepper flakes, or more or less to taste
> 1 to 2 teaspoons black pepper
>
> 1 small head green or savoy cabbage
> 1 cup North Carolina Vinegar Sauce
>
> Mix all sauce ingredients in non-reactive bowl. Finely shred cabbage.
> Mix all together and chill.

It sounds very acetic. If I had my druthers I'd just as soon eat
acid. Orange sunshine or window pane. You however can **** right
off.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"James" > wrote in message
ps.com...
> On Oct 30, 4:02 pm, Jane > wrote:

> It sounds very acetic. If I had my druthers I'd just as soon eat
> acid. Orange sunshine or window pane. You however can **** right
> off.

Why are you swearing??

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Jane > wrote in news:1193774542.513589.23470
@k79g2000hse.googlegroups.com:

> I live in eastern Tennessee, on the Cumberland Plateau.

Anywhere near Sewanee?

--
Ask Me Why I support Stem Cell Research
http://stemcells.nih.gov/info/faqs.asp

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Tue, 30 Oct 2007 15:42:02 -0700, James >
wrote:

>It sounds very acetic. If I had my druthers I'd just as soon eat
>acid.

Actually, sounds good to all of us. Can you please do that and make
yourself go 6 feet under. OK? Thanks a bunch. Looking forward to
it.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

> Anywhere near Sewanee?

alma mater sewanee
my glorious mother ever be
i will give my all to thee
can't remember the rest............

go sewanee
leave'em in the lurch
down with the heathens
up with the church

joe
petersburg (who once lived in another world) alaska

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"just joe" > wrote in
:

>> Anywhere near Sewanee?
>>

> alma mater sewanee
> my glorious mother ever be
> i will give my all to thee
> can't remember the rest............
>
> go sewanee
> leave'em in the lurch
> down with the heathens
> up with the church
>
> joe
> petersburg (who once lived in another world) alaska

Yeah, Sewanee's Right.

--
Ask Me Why I support Stem Cell Research
http://stemcells.nih.gov/info/faqs.asp

Bread Pudding & Tennessee Whisky Sauce Walt Keyser Recipes (moderated) 0 10-12-2006 09:18 AM
Vinegar Based Sauce B-Worthey Barbecue 4 17-04-2006 06:32 PM
Other uses for vinegar based sauce [email protected] Barbecue 5 03-03-2005 04:26 PM
Bob..Vinegar sauce Steve Barbecue 11 27-09-2004 01:31 AM
Vinegar for Hot Sauce/Salsa Some Dude Preserving 6 12-11-2003 07:17 AM