Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Default Vinegar Based Sauce

Looking for a recipe for a vinegar based sauce that I thought I got off
of the BBQ FAQ's, but I can't find it now and my old computer crashed
that I had it saved on, so I'm trying to remember proportions, etc. I
remember basically what all was in it, just not how much.....it had
apple cider vinegar, mustard, worchestire (sp?), onion powder, believe
garlic powder, little bit of hot sauce, and I think that was it, just
don't know how much of each. It wasn't one that was cooked or
anything, just mixed and that was it! Hope someone knows which one I'm
talking about!

B-Worthey

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

B-Worthey wrote:

> Looking for a recipe for a vinegar based sauce that I thought I got off
> of the BBQ FAQ's, but I can't find it now and my old computer crashed
> that I had it saved on, so I'm trying to remember proportions, etc. I
> remember basically what all was in it, just not how much.....it had
> apple cider vinegar, mustard, worchestire (sp?), onion powder, believe
> garlic powder, little bit of hot sauce, and I think that was it, just
> don't know how much of each. It wasn't one that was cooked or
> anything, just mixed and that was it! Hope someone knows which one I'm
> talking about!
>
> B-Worthey

Was it something like this?

10 oz. vegetable oil
5 oz. cider vinegar
1 oz. worcestershire sauce
1 tbsp brown sugar
2 tsp dry mustard
1 tsp tabasco sauce
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder
1/4 oz. garlic, minced

Thats from a meal master export

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

I found it, just had to do some searching on the web. Here it is:

Title: Fergy's Mustard/Vinegar Bbq Sauce
Categories: BBQ
Yield: 1

2 c cider vinegar
1 c yellow prepared mustard
2 tb black pepper, fine ground
1 tb worchestershire sauce
1 c brown sugar, packed
3 tb louisian hot sauce, tx pete
1/2 tb season salt

Mix together and store in jar or squirt bottle. Gets better as it
ages!

Now, just gotta get some worchestershire sauce!

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On 14-Apr-2006, "B-Worthey" > wrote:

> I found it, just had to do some searching on the web. Here it is:
>
> Title: Fergy's Mustard/Vinegar Bbq Sauce
> Categories: BBQ
> Yield: 1
>
> 2 c cider vinegar
> 1 c yellow prepared mustard
> 2 tb black pepper, fine ground
> 1 tb worchestershire sauce
> 1 c brown sugar, packed
> 3 tb louisian hot sauce, tx pete
> 1/2 tb season salt
>
> Mix together and store in jar or squirt bottle. Gets better as it
> ages!
>

> Now, just gotta get some worchestershire sauce!

Thanks for doing the legwork for me. Copied and saved. BTW
don't buy cheap Worcestershire sauce, you'll be disappointed.
Likewise with the yellow mustard. I know we all talk about CYM
(Cheap Yellow Mustard), but watch out. Some of the store
brands aren't very good.

--
Brick(Tired of paddling...Shopping for a motor)
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

B-Worthey wrote:
> Looking for a recipe for a vinegar based sauce that I thought I got off
> of the BBQ FAQ's, but I can't find it now and my old computer crashed
> that I had it saved on, so I'm trying to remember proportions, etc. I
> remember basically what all was in it, just not how much.....it had
> apple cider vinegar, mustard, worchestire (sp?), onion powder, believe
> garlic powder, little bit of hot sauce, and I think that was it, just
> don't know how much of each. It wasn't one that was cooked or
> anything, just mixed and that was it! Hope someone knows which one I'm
> talking about!
>
> B-Worthey

I use this one on pulled pork sandwiches. -RP

1 qt cider vinegar
6 oz yellow mustard
¼ lb butter
¾ T salt