Old 02-05-2007, 04:06 PM posted to alt.food.barbecue

Default Finally the perfect barbeque sauce!

JD wrote in news:b_IZh.2840$YQ1.1753
@trndny02:

Recognizing full well that the aesthetic of Liquid Smoke isn't
consistent with the Q ethos I have to tell you that you've pretty much
done little more than create LS in this recipe. It is, after all, made
by burning smokewood, right? There really isn't any substitute for
smoking meat on the pit but there are some times when a little LS,
judiciously used, can be handy.

I always add a little liquid smoke when I fry bacon. At least when it's the
cheapo bacon.

--
//ceed

Old 02-05-2007, 08:26 PM posted to alt.food.barbecue

ceed wrote:
Doug McDonald wrote in news:f17kut$cqh$1
@news.ks.uiuc.edu:

Not at all!! In fact, here is my recipe for BBQ sauce.
Quantities are very variable:

2 tbsp tamarind paste
1 tbsp A-1 sauce
2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
3 tbsp sugar
1 tsp black pepper
3 square inches fat from BBQ, with black crust
1/2 cup water

Boil a while.

This indeed gets real smoke mixed in. It is inspired by the
original sauce recipe from Sammy's BBQ on Belknap in Ft. Worth.

Doug McDonald

Thanks! I am going to try this one. Sounds great! Just one question: The
fat, do you just plop it in there and let it boil with the sauce?

yes

Does
it/should it dissolve?

Some of the fat comes out of course. If you don't want
fatty sauce, you put it in the refrigerator until the
fat, which is of course on top, solidifies, and just scrape it off.

Doug McDonald