Old Magic1

Default Barbeque Sauce - Mexican

I found this on the internet but haven't tried it yet.

* Exported from MasterCook *

Barbeque Sauce - Mexican

Recipe By :
Serving Size : 16 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories : Bbq sauces

1/3 c Dark Karo Syrup
1/3 c Strong coffee
1/4 c Ketchup
1/4 c Cider vinegar
1/4 c Worchestershire sauce
6 ts Chili powder
1 tb Corn Oil
2 ts Dry Mustard
1/2 ts Salt
1/2 ts Hot pepper sauce

Mix well and allow flavors to blend for one hour or more

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

--
Old Magic 1

David Wright

On Sat, 19 Feb 2005 16:36:19 -0600, "Old Magic1"
> wrote:

> I found this on the internet but haven't tried it yet.
>
> * Exported from MasterCook *
>
> Barbeque Sauce - Mexican
>
>Recipe By :
>Serving Size : 16 Preparation Time :0:00
>Categories : Bbq sauces

>-------- ------------ --------------------------------
> 1/3 c Dark Karo Syrup
> 1/3 c Strong coffee
> 1/4 c Ketchup
> 1/4 c Cider vinegar
> 1/4 c Worchestershire sauce
> 6 ts Chili powder
> 1 tb Corn Oil
> 2 ts Dry Mustard
> 1/2 ts Salt
> 1/2 ts Hot pepper sauce
>
> Mix well and allow flavors to blend for one hour or more

Hey, Old Magic, how about telling us how this is Mexican.

David
Old Magic1

"David Wright" > wrote in message
> On Sat, 19 Feb 2005 16:36:19 -0600, "Old Magic1"
> > wrote:
>
> > I found this on the internet but haven't tried it yet.
> >
> > * Exported from MasterCook *
> >
> > Barbeque Sauce - Mexican
> >
> >Recipe By :
> >Serving Size : 16 Preparation Time :0:00
> >Categories : Bbq sauces
> >
> > Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
> >-------- ------------ --------------------------------
> > 1/3 c Dark Karo Syrup
> > 1/3 c Strong coffee
> > 1/4 c Ketchup
> > 1/4 c Cider vinegar
> > 1/4 c Worchestershire sauce
> > 6 ts Chili powder
> > 1 tb Corn Oil
> > 2 ts Dry Mustard
> > 1/2 ts Salt
> > 1/2 ts Hot pepper sauce
> >
> > Mix well and allow flavors to blend for one hour or more

> Hey, Old Magic, how about telling us how this is Mexican.
>
> David

I haven't the slightest clue, lol. That is the name used at
http://fp.enter.net/~rburk/sauce-rub...ce/mexican.txt
--
Old Magic 1

Old Magic1

"David Wright" > wrote in message
> On Sat, 19 Feb 2005 16:36:19 -0600, "Old Magic1"
> > wrote:
>
> > I found this on the internet but haven't tried it yet.
> >
> > * Exported from MasterCook *
> >
> > Barbeque Sauce - Mexican
> >
> >Recipe By :
> >Serving Size : 16 Preparation Time :0:00
> >Categories : Bbq sauces
> >
> > Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
> >-------- ------------ --------------------------------
> > 1/3 c Dark Karo Syrup
> > 1/3 c Strong coffee
> > 1/4 c Ketchup
> > 1/4 c Cider vinegar
> > 1/4 c Worchestershire sauce
> > 6 ts Chili powder
> > 1 tb Corn Oil
> > 2 ts Dry Mustard
> > 1/2 ts Salt
> > 1/2 ts Hot pepper sauce
> >
> > Mix well and allow flavors to blend for one hour or more

> Hey, Old Magic, how about telling us how this is Mexican.
>
> David

It is about as much Mexican as a Taco from Taco Bell, lol.

--
Old Magic 1

Dimitri

"David Wright" > wrote in message
> On Sat, 19 Feb 2005 16:36:19 -0600, "Old Magic1"
> > wrote:
>
>> I found this on the internet but haven't tried it yet.
>>
>> * Exported from MasterCook *
>>
>> Barbeque Sauce - Mexican
>>
>>Recipe By :
>>Serving Size : 16 Preparation Time :0:00
>>Categories : Bbq sauces
>>
>> Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
>>-------- ------------ --------------------------------
>> 1/3 c Dark Karo Syrup
>> 1/3 c Strong coffee
>> 1/4 c Ketchup
>> 1/4 c Cider vinegar
>> 1/4 c Worchestershire sauce
>> 6 ts Chili powder
>> 1 tb Corn Oil
>> 2 ts Dry Mustard
>> 1/2 ts Salt
>> 1/2 ts Hot pepper sauce
>>
>> Mix well and allow flavors to blend for one hour or more

> Hey, Old Magic, how about telling us how this is Mexican.
>
> David

Come on Wayne can't you tell it's the Chili Powder.

Don't you remember the barbacoa smothered with the sauce?

LOL

Dimitri

dug88

let's see
corn syrup, corn oil,hot pepper sauce,coffee, and chili
sounds like mexican ingredients to me
actually ketchup is probably also mexican

well, a half a bottle of tequilla drunk down and a splash in the sauce might
not hurt too much.
well bbq sauce did not come from europe or the usa.

so who made it the first times?

"Old Magic1" > wrote in message

> "David Wright" > wrote in message
>> On Sat, 19 Feb 2005 16:36:19 -0600, "Old Magic1"
>> > wrote:
>>
>> > I found this on the internet but haven't tried it yet.
>> >
>> > * Exported from MasterCook *
>> >
>> > Barbeque Sauce - Mexican
>> >
>> >Recipe By :
>> >Serving Size : 16 Preparation Time :0:00
>> >Categories : Bbq sauces
>> >
>> > Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
>> >-------- ------------ --------------------------------
>> > 1/3 c Dark Karo Syrup
>> > 1/3 c Strong coffee
>> > 1/4 c Ketchup
>> > 1/4 c Cider vinegar
>> > 1/4 c Worchestershire sauce
>> > 6 ts Chili powder
>> > 1 tb Corn Oil
>> > 2 ts Dry Mustard
>> > 1/2 ts Salt
>> > 1/2 ts Hot pepper sauce
>> >
>> > Mix well and allow flavors to blend for one hour or more

>> Hey, Old Magic, how about telling us how this is Mexican.
>>
>> David

> It is about as much Mexican as a Taco from Taco Bell, lol.
>
> --
> Old Magic 1

Chula

"dug88" > wrote in message
> let's see
> corn syrup, corn oil,hot pepper sauce,coffee, and chili
> sounds like mexican ingredients to me
> actually ketchup is probably also mexican
>
> well, a half a bottle of tequilla drunk down and a splash in the sauce

might
> not hurt too much.
> well bbq sauce did not come from europe or the usa.
>
> so who made it the first times?

sauces of various descriptions have been around since the dark ages when
flavorings and sauces were used to disguise rotten or near-rotten meat. I
expect that there have been variations of BBQ sauce, which simply were
called something else, for a long, long time. Although we do think of it as
originating in Texas or Oklahoma or some other "out west" place, don't we?

chula