Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Default New smoker

http://www.probbq.co.uk/ProQ%20Smokers.html

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Probbq wrote:
> http://www.probbq.co.uk/ProQ%20Smokers.html

A Chargriller for $400.00?
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Denny Wheeler" > wrote in message

> On Sun, 18 Mar 2007 04:35:06 -0500, shawn
> > wrote:
>

> > Probbq wrote:

> > > http://www.probbq..suck/ProQ%20Smokes.html
> > >

> > A Chargriller for $400.00?

> Didja notice the 'uk' in the URL?

Didja *also* notice that the OP's name is the same as the product?
Do you smell SPAM

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Denny Wheeler wrote:
> On Sun, 18 Mar 2007 22:35:53 -0400, " BOB" > wrote:
>

>>"Denny Wheeler" > wrote in message

>>>Didja notice the 'uk' in the URL?
>>>

>>Didja *also* notice that the OP's name is the same as the product?
>>Do you smell SPAM

> Yup. Though if that advert post appeared only here, it's not really
> spam. I tend to dislike the widening def. of 'spam' to include stuff
> that's not posted widely. Especially an ad for an on-topic product,
> posted *openly* by the advertiser. I know many dislike any ads in
> their newsgroups, and I've no problem with that--but ads such as the
> OP in this thread don't bother me much. Not at all in the same league
> with the genuine spammers who send out millions of UCEs with
> completely fake 'from' addresses or (often the same slimes) those who
> put the same post on hundreds of usenet groups, again with completely
> faked-up attributions.
>
> -denny-

I don't mind ads in usenet groups. But, I'm not gonna plunk down 399.00
(Pounds) = $776.45 US for a Chargriller I can pick up at HD for $135.00.

(anyone want one? I'm selling for $300.00 US. (save $476.00))
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Steve Wertz wrote:
> On 18 Mar 2007 01:42:02 -0700, Probbq wrote:
>
>> http://www.probbq.co.uk/ProQ%20Smokers.html

> They suck. Don't get one.
>
> -sw

Why do they suck? The fish hanger looks good for Peking Duck. The
extensions would need to be built from good steel or metal to avoid
leaking. I wish Weber would come up with something like this. A problem
could be its ability to create uniform heat all the way up but with fish
or birds it seems the mass of the cut would be down lower near the fire.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"shawn" > wrote in message
> I don't mind ads in usenet groups.

Do you want me to forward them to you? USENET is a non-commercial
discussion area for various topics. Let one advertiser in and they will all
want to crap up the place. Give an inch and there will be hundreds of ads
for detergents, cars, Wal Mart, K Mart, etc. No, this is not the place for
them.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:
> "shawn" > wrote in message
>
>>I don't mind ads in usenet groups.

> Do you want me to forward them to you? USENET is a non-commercial
> discussion area for various topics. Let one advertiser in and they will all
> want to crap up the place. Give an inch and there will be hundreds of ads
> for detergents, cars, Wal Mart, K Mart, etc. No, this is not the place for
> them.

point of view respected.

merely stating mine
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On 20 Mar, 16:47, Sonoran Dude > wrote:
> Steve Wertz wrote:
> > On 18 Mar 2007 01:42:02 -0700, Probbq wrote:

> >>http://www.probbq.co.uk/ProQ%20Smokers.html

> > They suck. Don't get one.

> > -sw

> Why do they suck? The fish hanger looks good for Peking Duck. The
> extensions would need to be built from good steel or metal to avoid
> leaking. I wish Weber would come up with something like this. A problem
> could be its ability to create uniform heat all the way up but with fish
> or birds it seems the mass of the cut would be down lower near the fire.

Have you ever seen one in the flesh S W ?

It is in the Smoker ChrisGW Barbecue 3 05-11-2007 01:44 AM
Not a new smoker JD[_2_] Barbecue 1 01-08-2007 02:50 AM
I want to buy a smoker!! [email protected] Barbecue 21 28-08-2005 06:02 AM
Char-Broil Quickset Charcoal Smoker compared to Silver Smoker? Kent Barbecue 1 18-04-2005 02:56 PM
Char-Broil Quickset Charcoal Smoker compared to Silver Smoker? Kent Barbecue 0 18-04-2005 01:24 AM