Jenn Ridley

Default What to do with cookie molds?

" > wrote:

>I was given several pottery cookie molds, about 4-5 inches long, each.
> Is there a particular type of cookie recipe used in these molds? I
>have tried shortbread recipes, and plain sugar cookies, but they don't
>come out of the molds in one piece. Or perhaps cooking time and/or
>temp need to be adjusted?
>
>Any suggestions? These molds are cute, I would like to use them
>(although probably rarely). The finished results would be nice for
>kids or gifts.

I've never had any luck getting baked cookies out in one piece,
either. Use a stiff dough and use the molds as stamps?

--
Jenn Ridley :
Nobody but us chickens

> wrote in message
oups.com...
> I was given several pottery cookie molds, about 4-5 inches long, each.
> Is there a particular type of cookie recipe used in these molds? I
> have tried shortbread recipes, and plain sugar cookies, but they don't
> come out of the molds in one piece. Or perhaps cooking time and/or
> temp need to be adjusted?
>
> Any suggestions? These molds are cute, I would like to use them
> (although probably rarely). The finished results would be nice for
> kids or gifts.

i have some too but have never used them. i thought you baked them in
the mold but i read something that said to unmold before baking so now
i don't know. i think i did read something about dusting the mold with
confectioners sugar to make unmolding easier but don't know if it works.

Karen

> wrote in message
oups.com...
>I was given several pottery cookie molds, about 4-5 inches long, each.
> Is there a particular type of cookie recipe used in these molds? I
> have tried shortbread recipes, and plain sugar cookies, but they don't
> come out of the molds in one piece. Or perhaps cooking time and/or
> temp need to be adjusted?
>
> Any suggestions? These molds are cute, I would like to use them
> (although probably rarely). The finished results would be nice for
> kids or gifts.

If your cookie molds say "Brown Bag Cookie Art" or "Brown Bag Designs", here
is the company's web site: http://www.brownbagcookiemolds.com/ There are
recipes and cookie molding hints here, as well as a copy of their recipe
booklet. If your molds aren't Brown Bag ones, you may not be able to use
the Brown Bag instructions, as their molds are designed to be rapped on a
hard surface to get the molded (uncooked) dough out. Other brand molds may
shatter if you try this.

I have some Brown Bag Cookie Art molds, but I use them only for decoration;
I've never tried baking any cookies with them.

If your molds are stamped with a company name, you may be able to do a web
search for some contact information.

Hope this is helpful to you.

Karen

Windmill Cookie Molds Brooklyn1 General Cooking 7 10-12-2011 03:48 AM
Mamoul Cookie Molds? Kwiter General Cooking 0 03-01-2005 12:04 AM
HELP-cookie molds Sheila J Baking 4 02-12-2004 01:55 PM
Brown Bag cookie molds Priscilla Baking 3 27-11-2004 01:24 AM
Stoneware Cookie Molds Carol Lee Smith Baking 6 18-08-2004 01:18 AM