Carol Lee Smith

Default Stoneware Cookie Molds

I am looking for recipes for stoneware cookie molds.

A few hints would also help since I have never used a cookie mold.

Are cookies individually baked in these stone ware molds, or are the molds
used to shape the cookies before they are baked on a sheet?

If individually baked, it must take a very long time to get a few dozen.

Eric Jorgensen

On Sat, 22 May 2004 18:07:21 -0500
Carol Lee Smith > wrote:

> I am looking for recipes for stoneware cookie molds.
>
> A few hints would also help since I have never used a cookie mold.
>
> Are cookies individually baked in these stone ware molds, or are the
> molds used to shape the cookies before they are baked on a sheet?

The molds are used to shape the cookies before they are baked.

> If individually baked, it must take a very long time to get a few
> dozen.

It sure does. All in all you'll be happier leaving the stoneware
hanging on the wall and using one of those plastic things. Sure, it
kills the martha stewart aspect of the thing, but martha doesn't live
here.

On the other hand, hanging useless artifacts on the wall is what i
always thought martha was about. That and marketing. Lots of marketing.
And lying to the SEC, that too.

Carol Lee Smith

On Sat, 22 May 2004, Eric Jorgensen wrote:

> On Sat, 22 May 2004 18:07:21 -0500
> Carol Lee Smith > wrote:

> > I am looking for recipes for stoneware cookie molds.

> > A few hints would also help since I have never used a cookie mold.

> > Are cookies individually baked in these stone ware molds, or are the
> > molds used to shape the cookies before they are baked on a sheet?

> The molds are used to shape the cookies before they are baked.

Thanks for that information.

Will any roll cookie dough work for this purpose?

> > If individually baked, it must take a very long time to get a few
> > dozen.

> It sure does. All in all you'll be happier leaving the stoneware
> hanging on the wall and using one of those plastic things. Sure, it
> kills the martha stewart aspect of the thing, but martha doesn't live
> here.

So I figured.

> On the other hand, hanging useless artifacts on the wall is what i
> always thought martha was about. That and marketing. Lots of marketing.
> And lying to the SEC, that too.

Does Harken ring any bells?

Eric Jorgensen

On Sun, 23 May 2004 05:44:49 -0500
Carol Lee Smith > wrote:

> On Sat, 22 May 2004, Eric Jorgensen wrote:
>
> > On Sat, 22 May 2004 18:07:21 -0500
> > Carol Lee Smith > wrote:

> > > I am looking for recipes for stoneware cookie molds.

> > > A few hints would also help since I have never used a cookie mold.
> > >

> > > Are cookies individually baked in these stone ware molds, or are
> > > the molds used to shape the cookies before they are baked on a
> > > sheet?

> > The molds are used to shape the cookies before they are baked.

> Thanks for that information.
>
> Will any roll cookie dough work for this purpose?

I think that the one and only time i did this we used a cookie dough
that was harder and more buttery than your average roll cookie dough,
probably with the intention that it would not rise in the oven and
distort the impression from the mold.

Or it could have been an anachronistic recipe that came with the
mold, I don't remember precisely. I remember very well that the necks of
nearly all the swan cookies broke.

> > On the other hand, hanging useless artifacts on the wall is what i
> > always thought martha was about. That and marketing. Lots of
> > marketing. And lying to the SEC, that too.

> Does Harken ring any bells?

No, but I'm at the bottom of hour six of a nine hour graveyard shift,
so they weren't likely to ring either.

LMW

> I am looking for recipes for stoneware cookie molds.
>
> A few hints would also help since I have never used a cookie mold.
>
> Are cookies individually baked in these stone ware molds, or are the molds
> used to shape the cookies before they are baked on a sheet?
>
> If individually baked, it must take a very long time to get a few dozen.

As a Pampered Chef consultant, there are several things you can do with the
molds.

You can use them to bake cookies, using either a refrigerated pre-made dough
or dough you make. Spray the mold with a vegetable oil lightly and press the
dough into the mold.

You can also do crafts, such as the applesauce/cinnamon mixture, which when
dried (which dries hard), you can use as a fragrant decoration.
Use a plaster of paris and after it dries, paint it.
Use melted chocolate to make a chocolate heart piece.
Melted jolly ranchers to make a stained-glass look decoration.
If you need any other ideas, please feel free to email me: bpampered2 at
hotmail dot com

Here are a few recipes from our website:

Chocolate Candy Heart
Ingredients:
7 ounces white confectionery coating candy wafers (about 1 cup)
5 ounces chocolate confectionery coating candy wafers (about 3/4 cup)
Oil-based candy colors (see Cook's Tip)
Directions:
1.Start with a clean, dry Autumn Wreath Stoneware Mold. Do not grease or
flour mold. Place mold in freezer for at least 1 hour. Be sure all utensils
are dry.
2.Place white confectionery coating in Classic Batter Bowl. Microwave,
uncovered, on DEFROST (30% power) 1-2 minutes or until melted and smooth,
stirring after each 30-second interval. Do not overheat. Divide melted
coating among several small bowls. Tint using oil-based candy colors. Remove
mold from freezer. Using a thin, clean paintbrush, fill design with tinted
coatings.
3.Place chocolate confectionery coating in Small Batter Bowl; melt as
directed in Step 2. Carefully pour melted coating into mold, filling to top
of mold. If necessary, use back of spoon to spread coating evenly in mold.
Gently tap mold on counter to eliminate any air bubbles. Refrigerate 1 hour
or until chocolate pulls away from sides of mold.
4.To release chocolate from mold, cover cutting board with a clean folded
kitchen towel. Hold mold upright; lightly tap edge on cutting board until
chocolate starts to release. If necessary, insert thin blade of paring knife
between edge of chocolate and mold to release chocolate; carefully remove
from mold.
Yield: 1 candy heart Cook's Tips: Vanilla- or chocolate-flavored almond
bark can be substituted for the confectionery coating candy wafers, if
desired. Oil-based candy colors can be found at craft stores or stores that
carry cake-decorating supplies. Do not use liquid food coloring; it will
cause coating to harden.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~```
Sugar Cookies
Ingredients:
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened (do not substitute margarine)
3/4 cup sugar
1 egg
1 tablespoon milk
1/4 teaspoon vanilla
Tinted egg wash (optional, see Cook's Tip)
Directions:
1.In small bowl, combine flour and salt; mix well and set aside. In large
bowl, beat butter and sugar until creamy. Add egg, milk and vanilla; beat
until smooth. Gradually add flour mixture; beat until well blended. Form
dough into a 4-inch disk; wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate 1-2 hours.
2.Preheat oven to 375°F. Lightly flour Bountiful Heart Stoneware Mold;
firmly press a portion of the dough into mold. Run knife flat across top of
mold to trim off excess dough. Gently pull dough away from edge of mold with
finger.
3.To release dough from mold, cover cutting board with a clean folded
kitchen towel. Hold mold upright; lightly tap edge on cutting board until
dough starts to release. Transfer dough to flat Baking Stone; repeat with
remaining dough. Decorate with tinted egg wash, if desired. Bake 12-14
minutes or until edges are light brown; cool 3 minutes on baking stone.
Remove cookies to cooling rack; cool completely.
Yield: 5-6 cookies
Nutrients per serving: (1 cookie): Calories 380, Total Fat 16 g, Saturated
Fat 10 g, Cholesterol 75 mg, Carbohydrate 56 g, Protein 5 g, Sodium 270 mg,
Fiber 1 g
Cook's Tips: To make tinted egg wash, combine 2 egg yolks and 1/2 teaspoon
water; divide among several small bowls. Add 1-3 drops desired food coloring
to each bowl; mix well. Brush color onto dough using clean craft paint
brushes. Bake as directed above.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Tissue Paper Decoration
Ingredients:
2 sheets tissue paper (20 x 26 inches each)
1 1/4 cups water
Directions:
1.Preheat oven to 200°F. Crumble tissue paper. Place tissue in blender
container; carefully push down close to blade. Add water. Cover; blend 15-20
seconds. Place blended paper in colander; squeeze excess water out with
hands or spatula.
2.Firmly press paper evenly into Winter Heart Cookie Mold. Blot any excess
water from paper in mold using kitchen towel. Bake 2 1/2-3 hours or until
paper is completely dry. (Do not overbake or edges will curl and turn
brown.)
3.Remove paper decoration from mold; cool completely on cooling rack. Paint
with water colors or acrylic paints, or decorate as desired.
Yield: 1 decoration
Cook's Tips: Paper decoration can be dried at room temperature for several
days. Place a flat object over the mold to prevent edges from curling.
©The Pampered Chef, Ltd. 2003

Dave Bell

LMW wrote:
>>A few hints would also help since I have never used a cookie mold.
>>
>>Are cookies individually baked in these stone ware molds, or are the molds
>>used to shape the cookies before they are baked on a sheet?
>>
>>If individually baked, it must take a very long time to get a few dozen.

> As a Pampered Chef consultant, there are several things you can do with the
> molds.

As a Pampered Chef consultant, maybe you could have answered the
poster's question about usage!

> You can use them to bake cookies, using either a refrigerated

pre-made > dough or dough you make. Spray the mold with a vegetable oil
lightly > and press the dough into the mold.

Then remove the formed cookie, onto a baking sheet????
Dave Bell

LMW wrote:
>>A few hints would also help since I have never used a cookie mold.
>>
>>Are cookies individually baked in these stone ware molds, or are the molds
>>used to shape the cookies before they are baked on a sheet?
>>
>>If individually baked, it must take a very long time to get a few dozen.

> As a Pampered Chef consultant, there are several things you can do with the
> molds.

As a Pampered Chef consultant, maybe you could have answered the
poster's question about usage!

> You can use them to bake cookies, using either a refrigerated

pre-made > dough or dough you make. Spray the mold with a vegetable oil
lightly > and press the dough into the mold.

Then remove the formed cookie, onto a baking sheet????

Windmill Cookie Molds Brooklyn1 General Cooking 7 10-12-2011 03:48 AM
What to do with cookie molds? Jenn Ridley Baking 4 03-06-2005 10:58 PM
Mamoul Cookie Molds? Kwiter General Cooking 0 03-01-2005 12:04 AM
HELP-cookie molds Sheila J Baking 4 02-12-2004 01:55 PM
Brown Bag cookie molds Priscilla Baking 3 27-11-2004 01:24 AM