Chris Darling

Default Bread slicing guide

Hi,

I am looking for a bread slicing guide to purchase in the UK. I have
recently purchased a bread maker and I am currently using an electric knife
to cut the bread (not very straight).

Can anyone recommend a bread slicing guide?

thanks

Ian & Hilda Dedic

Chris Darling wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am looking for a bread slicing guide to purchase in the UK. I have
> recently purchased a bread maker and I am currently using an electric knife
> to cut the bread (not very straight).
>
> Can anyone recommend a bread slicing guide?
>
> thanks

lakeland ltd do a frame with a sliding bit on it to help you slice straight.

they are on the web if you google for them,
however keeping making loaves and practising does improve matters.

you definitely need the electric knife to cut very fresh bread.
Hilda

--
"From:" is antispammed, please make sure you use "Reply-To:"
occupant

I am not sure what manufacturers are available in the UK, but I bought
for about 50 Canadian dollars a domestic meat slicing machine. In my
machine the gauge at its wides point is perfect for bread. When people
see my sliced bread, they think it is commercial bread particuarly
because of the perfect slicing.
N. Thornton

"Chris Darling" > wrote in message > ...

> Can anyone recommend a bread slicing guide?

An electric slicer is a lot faster and easier, but your probly know
that anyway. And theyre not expensive nowadays.

Regards, NT
gw

King Arthur just came out with a new Baker's catalogue, and they have a
slicing board in it, 23.95 USD, and it is 9 3/4 inches long, 6" wide, and 7
1/2 inches tall. It's called the Bread Slicing Guide.
http://www.bakerscatalogue.com

gw

George236

Interesting question?

How much effort does it take to learn to cut bread (straight) with a
normal (non electric) knife.

If your bread is (firm) it'll probably be less than a dozen bread before
you skill is proficient.

George
<ladychatterleyslover.grabafreebie.com/index.htm>

Jim

"LAllin" > wrote in message
m...

> On 5-May-2004, "George236" > wrote:
>
> > Interesting question?
> >
> > How much effort does it take to learn to cut bread (straight) with a
> > normal (non electric) knife.
> >
> > If your bread is (firm) it'll probably be less than a dozen bread before
> > you skill is proficient.
> >
> > George
> > <ladychatterleyslover.grabafreebie.com/index.htm>

> I'm not the person who asked the question; but, as one who has sliced a

few
> hundred loaves, I am interested in a good guide because I don't have the
> hand-eye coordination to do it as well as I'd like. Remember, we aren't

all
> the same; some of us have areas in need of help; for example, you appear

> be lacking in tact and empathy but can slice bread like a pro.

=== Well said sir =====

Richard Brenton

"Jim" > wrote in message
news

> "LAllin" > wrote in message
> m...
> >
> > On 5-May-2004, "George236" > wrote:
> >
> > > Interesting question?
> > >
> > > How much effort does it take to learn to cut bread (straight) with a
> > > normal (non electric) knife.
> > >
> > > If your bread is (firm) it'll probably be less than a dozen bread

before
> > > you skill is proficient.
> > >
> > > George
> > > <ladychatterleyslover.grabafreebie.com/index.htm>

> > I'm not the person who asked the question; but, as one who has sliced a

> few
> > hundred loaves, I am interested in a good guide because I don't have the
> > hand-eye coordination to do it as well as I'd like. Remember, we aren't

> all
> > the same; some of us have areas in need of help; for example, you appear

> > be lacking in tact and empathy but can slice bread like a pro.

> === Well said sir =====
>
> If you are right handed stand to the left of the knife.

Slicing Onions Jim Elbrecht General Cooking 1 29-07-2011 12:47 PM
Slicing Onions sandi General Cooking 0 29-07-2011 04:10 AM
Guide Du Fromage cheese guide FA JaneyP General Cooking 0 29-01-2006 02:53 AM
Slicing Magic LaUna General Cooking 14 16-04-2004 08:30 PM