thinman

Default Black cherries

Have searched the "net" for a source for the above but have only
found a few. However, their product pics show "red" cherries
for black cherry products.

Can some one provide a source for whole "black" cherries ??
Want to use in a cheesecake.

thanks
ray

jlh

-You might try looking for Bing cherries. At the moment, they are
available fresh all over the place here in Toronto.
jlh

Dusty

"jlh" > wrote in message
> -You might try looking for Bing cherries. At the moment, they are
> available fresh all over the place here in Toronto.

Fresh? On the last day of December? In Toronto? Wow!

Now *that* is newz...

Dusty
San Jose, Ca.
--
Remove STORE to reply
> jlh

RsH

On Fri, 31 Dec 2004 05:13:13 -0800, "Dusty"
> wrote:

>"jlh" > wrote...
>> -You might try looking for Bing cherries. At the moment, they are
>> available fresh all over the place here in Toronto.

>Fresh? On the last day of December? In Toronto? Wow!
>
>Now *that* is newz...

Not really, imported from south of the Equator, where it is now
starting summer in all likelihood. We do not rely on imports from the
U.S. as much as we used to with the availability of air freight via
747s... so I'm seeing lots of fruit from South America, the islands of
the Caribbean, Africa and Asia as well as Australia and New Zealand
here in Toronto all winter long.

RsH
> or >
Copyright retained. My opinions - no one else's...
If this is illegal where you are, do not read it!
Dusty

"RsH" > wrote in message
>>Fresh? On the last day of December? In Toronto? Wow!
>>
>>Now *that* is newz...

> Not really, imported from south of the Equator, where it is now

I should'a guessed.

I grew up in western NY, and knew they didn't have 'em there. Been living
out here so long, I thought access to those was something unique to living
here.

It's amazing what 4 decades will getcha...(:-o)!

Dusty
San Jose, Ca.
--
Remove STORE to reply

Dusty

"RsH" > wrote in message
>>Fresh? On the last day of December? In Toronto? Wow!
>>
>>Now *that* is newz...

> Not really, imported from south of the Equator, where it is now

I should'a guessed.

I grew up in western NY, and knew they didn't have 'em there. Been living
out here so long, I thought access to those was something unique to living
here.

It's amazing what 4 decades will getcha...(:-o)!

Dusty
San Jose, Ca.
--
Remove STORE to reply

thinman

Those are available but they are "red", not black. I've previously
bought "black" varieties and was just looking for the same again.

thanks

ray

"jlh" > wrote in message
> -You might try looking for Bing cherries. At the moment, they are
> available fresh all over the place here in Toronto.
> jlh

thinman

"jlh" > wrote in message
> -You might try looking for Bing cherries. At the moment, they are
> available fresh all over the place here in Toronto.
> jlh

Mary

thinman wrote:
> Have searched the "net" for a source for the above but have only
> found a few. However, their product pics show "red" cherries
> for black cherry products.
>
> Can some one provide a source for whole "black" cherries ??
> Want to use in a cheesecake.
>
> thanks
> ray

Ray,

Traverse City Michigan is the "Cherry Capital" of the US (60% of the pie
cherries used in the US come from there, have huge cherry fest, etc).
Having grown up in NW Michigan with a cherry farm as our neighbor, there
are several places that sell the fruits via the internet. Do a google
or dogpile (www.dogpile.com) search on Michigan cherries or Traverse
City cherries and one of the many cherry farms will allow you to mail
order everything from dried cherries (the sour montmorencey we are used
to in pies to the sweet dark Napoleans and Schmidts) to flash frozen.
Try this page as a good starting poing
http://www.leelanau.com/cherry/products.html

Good luck,
Mary
thinman

Mary...

thanks...while none of them appear to have what I'm looking for, I did
leave an e-mail with some of them asking them if they knew of a retail
source.

ray

"Mary" > wrote in message
> thinman wrote:
> > Have searched the "net" for a source for the above but have only
> > found a few. However, their product pics show "red" cherries
> > for black cherry products.
> >
> > Can some one provide a source for whole "black" cherries ??
> > Want to use in a cheesecake.
> >
> > thanks
> > ray
> >

> Ray,
>
> Traverse City Michigan is the "Cherry Capital" of the US (60% of the pie
> cherries used in the US come from there, have huge cherry fest, etc).
> Having grown up in NW Michigan with a cherry farm as our neighbor, there
> are several places that sell the fruits via the internet. Do a google
> or dogpile (www.dogpile.com) search on Michigan cherries or Traverse
> City cherries and one of the many cherry farms will allow you to mail
> order everything from dried cherries (the sour montmorencey we are used
> to in pies to the sweet dark Napoleans and Schmidts) to flash frozen.
> Try this page as a good starting poing
> http://www.leelanau.com/cherry/products.html
>
> Good luck,
> Mary

thinman

"Mary" > wrote in message
> thinman wrote:
> > Have searched the "net" for a source for the above but have only
> > found a few. However, their product pics show "red" cherries
> > for black cherry products.
> >
> > Can some one provide a source for whole "black" cherries ??
> > Want to use in a cheesecake.
> >
> > thanks
> > ray
> >

> Ray,
>
> Traverse City Michigan is the "Cherry Capital" of the US (60% of the pie
> cherries used in the US come from there, have huge cherry fest, etc).
> Having grown up in NW Michigan with a cherry farm as our neighbor, there
> are several places that sell the fruits via the internet. Do a google
> or dogpile (www.dogpile.com) search on Michigan cherries or Traverse
> City cherries and one of the many cherry farms will allow you to mail
> order everything from dried cherries (the sour montmorencey we are used
> to in pies to the sweet dark Napoleans and Schmidts) to flash frozen.
> Try this page as a good starting poing
> http://www.leelanau.com/cherry/products.html
>
> Good luck,
> Mary

Black Olive Pancakes for Black Friday Breakfast Dan L General Cooking 3 28-11-2010 01:46 AM
Black cherries thinman Baking 0 31-12-2004 12:09 AM
odd black cherries William R. Watt Preserving 0 22-08-2004 03:28 PM
Light colored cherries for Brandied Cherries? DavidJ01 Preserving 8 05-07-2004 10:25 PM
Black Cherries Frank A. Chris Dohrmann General Cooking 2 29-12-2003 04:29 AM