Member

Question Raisin bread problem

I would like use my bread machine to make my raisin bread. The instructions tell you to add the raisins when you hear the signal. But every time I do this most of the raisins don't make it inside the bread. Most of them are on the bottom of the loaf. What can I do to get them throughout the inside?
Thanks for any help.
Posted to rec.food.baking

Default Raisin bread problem

On Jun 9, 2:39*pm, LENPAT >
wrote:
> I would like use my bread machine to make my raisin bread....
> Most of them are on the bottom of the loaf. What can I do to get them
> throughout the inside?

I would certainly try the method used to keep raisins, nuts or any
dried fruits from becoming sinkers: simply put the raisins in a
baggie with a wee bit of flour, shake them up to coat, and the flour
coating will help them adhere to the sticky batter instead of
slithering to the bottom.
....PickyJaz
Member

I would try covering the raisins in flour first, before you pour them in.
Posted to rec.food.baking

"LENPAT" > wrote in message

> I would like use my bread machine to make my raisin bread. The
> instructions tell you to add the raisins when you hear the signal. But
> every time I do this most of the raisins don't make it inside the bread.
> Most of them are on the bottom of the loaf. What can I do to get them
> throughout the inside?
> Thanks for any help.
>

> --
> LENPAT

I find it helps if the raisins are fresh. If they have dried, try soaking
them before adding.