Posted to rec.food.cooking
Pennsylvania Jake

Default raisin bread

I am looking for recipes for raisin bread.
thank you

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Mark Thorson

Pennsylvania Jake wrote:

> I am looking for recipes for raisin bread.
> thank you

Have you ever made non-raisin bread?
If so, do you still have the recipe for that?

Is there any ingredient you could add to
a non-raisin bread recipe which would turn it
into raisin bread recipe?

Oddly, this site gets no hits when searching
on "bread", but maybe you can get some ideas
from the raisin ciabatta or raisin scone recipes:

http://www.calraisins.org/search/index.cfm

Warning: it takes forever to load. It was
designed by idiots with OC-192 connections.
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Nancy Young

"Mark Thorson" > wrote

> Pennsylvania Jake wrote:
>>
>> I am looking for recipes for raisin bread.
>> thank you

> Have you ever made non-raisin bread?
> If so, do you still have the recipe for that?

Raisin bread is sweeter somehow aside from the raisins
and cinnamon you swirl in ... sorry I don't have a recipe.
Someone will.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Sheldon

Nancy Young wrote:
> "Mark Thorson" > wrote
>
> > Pennsylvania Jake wrote:
> >>
> >> I am looking for recipes for raisin bread.
> >> thank you

> > Have you ever made non-raisin bread?
> > If so, do you still have the recipe for that?

> Raisin bread is sweeter somehow aside from the raisins
> and cinnamon you swirl in ... sorry I don't have a recipe.
> Someone will.

Any bread can be raisin bread, simply add raisins... the substantial
sugar contained in the raisins will leach out into the bread which will
add sweetness

Typically a white bread recipe is used but can be a whole wheat version
too... this week the stupidmarket was selling raisin challah, not bad.
I've had raisin bagels, Thomas makes raisin English Muffins. And
cinnamon is not a manditory ingredient for raisn bread. I typically
add raisins to my own version of multi grain bread. And then of
course there are quick breads, for me bran muffins require raisins,
lots.

Posted to rec.food.cooking
MoM

"Pennsylvania Jake" > wrote in
message
oups.com...
>I am looking for recipes for raisin bread.
> thank you

-= Exported from BigOven =-

Cinnamon Raisin Bread

Recipe By:
Serving Size: 2
Cuisine:
Main Ingredient:

-= Ingredients =-
-MM ; BY HELEN PEAGRAM-
1 cup Milk
2 ounces Fresh yeast OR
2 tablespoons Dried yeast
-1 ; 1/2 ounce Sugar
2 teaspoons Cinnamon ; or to taste
2 pounds Strong plain flour ; bread
1 teaspoon Salt
-1 ; 1/2 ounce Margarine or butter
1/2 cup Raisins ; or to taste

-= Instructions =-
Place the milk and margarine in a saucepan or microwave and
heat gently until butter melts. MIx the yeast and sugar
together in the mixingbowl. Cream the yeast and sugar with
a little warm milk. (the milk should be at blood heat of 99
F) Add the remaining liquid at 98.6 F, the flour and the
salt and commence kneading the mixture at speed 2. Cut
dough in half and roll each half out on lightly floured
surface. Sprinkle half of raisins on each rolled out half
and roll up. Place each sha This is a delicious sweet
bread and great toasted. I doubt I will ever buy raisin
bread again. Too easy to make own now.Per Serving
(excluding unknown items): 379 Calories; 10g Fat (23.7%
calories from fat); 10g Protein; 64g Carbohydrate; 0g
Dietary Fiber; 41mg Cholesterol; 1216mg Sodium. Exchanges:
1 Non-Fat Milk; 2 Fat; 3 1/2 Other Carbohydrates.Nutr.
Assoc. : 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

** This recipe can be pasted into BigOven without retyping.
**
** Easy recipe software. Try it free at:
http://www.bigoven.com **

MoM

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Wayne Boatwright

On Fri 30 Dec 2005 09:48:38a, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it MoM?

> "Pennsylvania Jake" > wrote in
> message
> oups.com...
>>I am looking for recipes for raisin bread.
>> thank you
>>

> -= Exported from BigOven =-
>
> Cinnamon Raisin Bread
>
> Recipe By:
> Serving Size: 2
> Cuisine:
> Main Ingredient:
>

> -= Ingredients =-
> -MM ; BY HELEN PEAGRAM-
> 1 cup Milk
> 2 ounces Fresh yeast OR
> 2 tablespoons Dried yeast
> -1 ; 1/2 ounce Sugar
> 2 teaspoons Cinnamon ; or to taste
> 2 pounds Strong plain flour ; bread
> 1 teaspoon Salt
> -1 ; 1/2 ounce Margarine or butter
> 1/2 cup Raisins ; or to taste
>

> -= Instructions =-
> Place the milk and margarine in a saucepan or microwave and
> heat gently until butter melts. MIx the yeast and sugar
> together in the mixingbowl. Cream the yeast and sugar with
> a little warm milk. (the milk should be at blood heat of 99
> F) Add the remaining liquid at 98.6 F, the flour and the
> salt and commence kneading the mixture at speed 2. Cut
> dough in half and roll each half out on lightly floured
> surface. Sprinkle half of raisins on each rolled out half
> and roll up. Place each sha This is a delicious sweet
> bread and great toasted. I doubt I will ever buy raisin
> bread again. Too easy to make own now.Per Serving
> (excluding unknown items): 379 Calories; 10g Fat (23.7%
> calories from fat); 10g Protein; 64g Carbohydrate; 0g
> Dietary Fiber; 41mg Cholesterol; 1216mg Sodium. Exchanges:
> 1 Non-Fat Milk; 2 Fat; 3 1/2 Other Carbohydrates.Nutr.
> Assoc. : 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

Oh, I'm so glad you posted this, Helen. I'm going to make it this morning!

--
Wayne Boatwright *¿*