FoodBanter.com

-   -   Raisin bread problem (https://www.foodbanter.com/baking/408223-raisin-bread-problem.html)

LENPAT 09-06-2011 10:39 PM

Raisin bread problem

I would like use my bread machine to make my raisin bread. The instructions tell you to add the raisins when you hear the signal. But every time I do this most of the raisins don't make it inside the bread. Most of them are on the bottom of the loaf. What can I do to get them throughout the inside?
Thanks for any help.

JeanineAlyse 15-06-2011 01:38 AM

Raisin bread problem

On Jun 9, 2:39*pm, LENPAT
wrote:
I would like use my bread machine to make my raisin bread....
Most of them are on the bottom of the loaf. What can I do to get them
throughout the inside?

I would certainly try the method used to keep raisins, nuts or any
dried fruits from becoming sinkers: simply put the raisins in a
baggie with a wee bit of flour, shake them up to coat, and the flour
coating will help them adhere to the sticky batter instead of
slithering to the bottom.
....PickyJaz

AnnaBanana 15-06-2011 08:38 PM

I would try covering the raisins in flour first, before you pour them in.

Viviane 18-06-2011 02:06 AM

Raisin bread problem

--
LENPAT

I find it helps if the raisins are fresh. If they have dried, try soaking
them before adding.