Old 12-10-2004, 09:30 PM
Jim Jones

Default skors

I have been making a cookie that was on the Skors baking chips bag for
years - all of a sudden they aren't available in our little town nor in two
larger cities in our area. Any clue what the deal is? The recipe calls for
a 10 ounce package and, of course, the Heath pieces are 8 ounces. Hence, I
have to buy two packages for one batch of cookies. Spendy.

Old 13-10-2004, 03:40 AM
Does It Matter

On Tue, 12 Oct 2004, Jim Jones wrote:

I have been making a cookie that was on the Skors baking chips bag for
years - all of a sudden they aren't available in our little town nor in two
larger cities in our area. Any clue what the deal is? The recipe calls for
a 10 ounce package and, of course, the Heath pieces are 8 ounces. Hence, I
have to buy two packages for one batch of cookies. Spendy.

I don't know what happened to Skors in your area. If Heath pieces are a
good substitute why not take all the other ingredients and multiple them
by 0.8. Then you can use the 8 ounce pack of Heath. It will make a few
less cookies but then you don't have to buy 16 ounces of Heath.

If you want at least as many cookies at the 10 ounce Skors package gave
you then you could go the other route. Multiple all the ingredients by 1.6
and use two 8 ounce packages of Heath.

Don't send e-mail to
Old 13-10-2004, 05:16 AM
Dave Bell

Does It Matter wrote:
On Tue, 12 Oct 2004, Jim Jones wrote:

I have been making a cookie that was on the Skors baking chips bag for
years - all of a sudden they aren't available in our little town nor in two
larger cities in our area. Any clue what the deal is? The recipe calls for
a 10 ounce package and, of course, the Heath pieces are 8 ounces. Hence, I
have to buy two packages for one batch of cookies. Spendy.

I don't know what happened to Skors in your area. If Heath pieces are a
good substitute why not take all the other ingredients and multiple them
by 0.8. Then you can use the 8 ounce pack of Heath. It will make a few
less cookies but then you don't have to buy 16 ounces of Heath.

If you want at least as many cookies at the 10 ounce Skors package gave
you then you could go the other route. Multiple all the ingredients by 1.6
and use two 8 ounce packages of Heath.

Or... Just do with 20% less Heath bits - it would probably not be noticed!

Dave
Old 13-10-2004, 05:47 PM
Mike Carvin

"Dave Bell" wrote in message
m...
Does It Matter wrote:
On Tue, 12 Oct 2004, Jim Jones wrote:

I don't know what happened to Skors in your area. If Heath pieces are a
good substitute why not take all the other ingredients and multiple them
by 0.8. Then you can use the 8 ounce pack of Heath. It will make a few
less cookies but then you don't have to buy 16 ounces of Heath.

If you want at least as many cookies at the 10 ounce Skors package gave
you then you could go the other route. Multiple all the ingredients by

1.6
and use two 8 ounce packages of Heath.

Or... Just do with 20% less Heath bits - it would probably not be noticed!

Either way, could someone please post the recipe?

Thanks
MikeC

Old 13-10-2004, 07:02 PM
qahtan

Skor bar cookies

2 cups brown sugar
1 3/4 cups butter
2 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
2 eggs
4 cups all-purpose flour
3 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/8 teaspoon salt
2 cups Skor English toffee bits or more if you want.

Pre-heat oven to 350 F.
2. Sift flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda together,set aside.
3. In a large bowl cream together butter and sugar with an electric mixer.
4. Add vanilla and eggs and beat until smooth.
5. Add flour mixture and beat until just combined.
6. Mix in Skor pieces by hand.
7. Shape into 1 1/2 inch balls and roll in sugar.
8. Place on cookie sheet and flatten with the bottom of a glass.
9. Bake about 10-12 min until set but not brown.
10. Cool on cookie sheet for 2 min and transfer to rack.

"Mike Carvin" wrote in message
"Dave Bell" wrote in message
m...

Old 13-10-2004, 08:04 PM
Judy Bolton

"Jim Jones" wrote in message
I have been making a cookie that was on the Skors baking chips bag for
years - all of a sudden they aren't available in our little town nor in two
larger cities in our area. Any clue what the deal is? The recipe calls
for a 10 ounce package and, of course, the Heath pieces are 8 ounces.
Hence, I have to buy two packages for one batch of cookies. Spendy.

I also suddenly can't find them - as of, hm... a couple of months ago. We
tried the Heath cookies using their recipe and their bits, and they were not
nearly as good. The bits did not have the same texture and flavor.

I have been meaning to contact my grocer, Wegmans, to ask them about the
sudden disappearance. I am in the Rochester, NY, area, btw...

I see the recipe has already been posted... otherwise I'd be happy to do it.

Old 13-10-2004, 08:15 PM
frood

I keep having to remind myself that this is *not* my Weight Watchers group,
and these are *not* lo-cal recipes! Ah, well. Reading them is good, too...

--
Wendy
de-fang email address to reply

"qahtan" wrote in message
news
[...]

"Dave Bell" wrote in message
m...

Old 14-10-2004, 07:07 PM
Shirley Ward

Just found my last bag of Skor English Toffee Bits (10 ounce) and following is the original recipe for cookies from the back of the package:

2-1/4 C flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 C (1 stick) butter or margarine softened
3/4 C sugar
3/4 C packed light brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 eggs
1-3/4 C (10 oz package) SKOR English Toffee bits

Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease cookie sheet or use parchment paper.

In large bowl beat butter, sugars, and vanilla until blended. Add eggs; beat well.

Add the flour mixture of flour, soda, salt. Blend well. Add toffee bits.

Drop by teaspoon onto prepared sheet. Bake 9 to 11 minutes until lightly browned. Cool slightly; remove from sheet to wire rack to cool completely.

Makes 4 dozen cookies.
Old 23-10-2004, 01:52 PM
Melba's Jammin'

In article , "Jim Jones"
wrote:

The recipe calls for a 10 ounce package and, of course, the Heath
pieces are 8 ounces. Hence, I have to buy two packages for one batch
of cookies.

That's not an accident. :-)
--
-Barb, www.jamlady.eboard.com Updated 10-22-04; Popovers!.
"Peace will come when the power of love overcomes the love of power."

Old 27-01-2005, 05:28 PM
Tressie

I called Hershey today to find out where I could buy Skors Toffee bits,
and I was told they have stopped producing them as of July 2004. They
said that they would pass the word on that I called. The woman I spoke
to said that the more people who called the more likely it was that they
would bring back the product. So please anyone out there who misses
this chips as much as I do please call Hershey. Hersheys toll free
number is 1-800-468-1714. Thanks for your help!

--
Tressie

Tressie
Tressie's Profile: http://www.cookingboard.com/member.p...nfo&userid=193