Old 04-10-2003, 05:54 AM
Sarah Merchant

Default Seeking frosting recipe

I took a cake decorating class some years ago and got a recipe there for
icing. It was like a buttermilk icing but didn't use butter or milk. I can
remember that it used powdered sugar, shortening, butter and vanilla
extract, water and salt. I can't remember the measurements and I can't find
the recipe. Does anyone know this one? My mother used to make one similar
but without the salt and I really did prefer the salt.
Any help is more than appreciated!
Thanks,
Sarah

Old 05-10-2003, 12:57 AM
Jan McCreary

Decorator's Icing

2 lbs. powdered sugar
1 cup Crisco (no substitutes)
1/2 cup. hot water
1 tsp. white vanilla
1/2 tsp butter flavoring
1/4 tsp. salt

Mix all together.

Old 05-10-2003, 04:28 AM
Laurie

I just used that recipe today and it came out beautifully! I got it
off the Wilton website (www.wilton.com) and it has all the ingredients
you just listed. It's called buttercream frosting. Good luck!