Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default looking for a frosting recipe

SIL told me about her favorite frosting recipe which is her go to
recipe for several cakes. It's a roasted orange cream cheese
frosting. She cuts the oranges in half, wraps them in foil and roasts
until they are a dark brown. Then she puts them in the FP and whizzes
them until they are finely chopped. She says she saw it on Nigella
Bites a long time ago, but my Googling skills haven't produced
anything. I found lots of orange frosting recipes, but none that used
roasted oranges. Does anyone have the one she told me about?

TIA

--

Never trust a dog to watch your food.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Oct 5, 2:58*am, sf > wrote:
> SIL told me about her favorite frosting recipe which is her go to
> recipe for several cakes. *It's a roasted orange cream cheese
> frosting. *She cuts the oranges in half, wraps them in foil and roasts
> until they are a dark brown. *Then she puts them in the FP and whizzes
> them until they are finely chopped. *She says she saw it on Nigella
> Bites a long time ago, but my Googling skills haven't produced
> anything. *I found lots of orange frosting recipes, but none that used
> roasted oranges. *Does anyone have the one she told me about?
>
> TIA
>
> --

I don't know why you couldn't just make an orange butter cream and use
your roasted oranges - what would be different about a roasted orange,
besides flavor? (I love orange butter cream, so roasted orange really
doesn't sound good to me. ;-))

N.