Deepak Saxena

Default Bread is good, but I think my dough is wrong...

I've been making a foccacia recipe for the last few months that
turns out tasting good, but something just still doesn't seem correct
to me. The recipe I use is out of "Vegeterian Cooking for Everyone"
(I'll post here if requested) and the last step is to let it rise
on the back of cookie sheet with parchement paper or use a peel
dusted with cornmeal. I do the later and then slide it onto my
baking stone. As I said, it comes out tasting great (SO and I just
ate a whole loaf for dinner!) but the dough just looks very wet and
"unstable" when I put it into the oven. In all the baking books I've
seen and on TV shows, dough always seems like it's fairly strong and
that one could pick it up. When I slide my dough onto the stone, it
always ends up getting mishapen, which I then fix by just folding
it into the right shape. Do I need a lot more cornmeal or should I just
stick to using parchement paper so that I can just slide the whole sheet
of paper instead of having to move just the dough? Or is the problem
related to something else like not kneading it enough?

Tnx,
~Deepak
--
Deepak Saxena - - http://www.plexity.net