Posted to alt.food.wine

Default TN: 3 good wines- 2 Gamays (pink and red), 1 Riesling (but wrong one)

So a plan for a Vietnamese squid salad fell to the side when I
realized that not only were we out of rice sticks, but I forgot to get
sprouts. So instead I started improvising a squid/bokchoy stirfry, and
thought I'd open a 2005 Zilliken Saarburger Rausch Spatlese. Wow, I
expect 2005s to be big/ripe, but this is huge. I keep pondering this
and eventually look at label. Well, no wonder, I just opened the 2005
Zilliken Saarburger Rausch Auslese (#11). Oops. Big tropical (mango
meets pineapple) fruit, an herby note, strong acids. Gets more peachy/
floral with air. Good wine, though I intended to age this one, oh
well. B+

The Auslese was a bit much on its own (and actually a bit much with
meal), so I opened a 2008 Foillard Morgon Cote du Py. A bit tight,
some time in decanter really lets it blossom. Somewhat sappy cherry
fruit, 5-spice, cocoa. Nice length, good acidity. Holds well over
night. B+

With grilled chicken (soaked in a kecap manis based marinade),
Chinese style pickled radishes, and red cabbage, the 2009 Edmunds St
John "Bone Jolly-Witter's Vineyard" Gamay rose. Just a lovely vintage
of this, cherry and strawberry fruit, just a hint of herb (sage?),
nice length, bright and food friendly (this meal needed it!). B+

I liked all the wines, though obviously incredibly different.

promises of objectivity, accuracy, and certainly not of consistency.*