Posted to rec.food.baking

Default black walnut

Hi
I need black walnut for a baking recipe.
I used to get Watkins black walnut extract.
They don't sell that anymore.
I bought some from another place on the internet.
It was in the health food category, and is used
for colon cleansing. The 2oz bottle came with
a built-in eyedropper. It was definitely not
what I am looking for. I called and was assured
it is pure black walnut extract. They told me the
Watkins stuff is just Imitation black walnut flavoring.
They had me read the ingredients list, and the said
Watkins had misrepresented the product. But I said
the Watkins flavor is what I needed. They told me to
look for the cheaper Imitation black walnut flavoring
instead of the more expensive pure extract.

I tried the Durkee brand from wal-mart, but
it has poor flavor. The stuff I like best is alcohol based.
Does anyone know what I am talking about?
Can you guide me to a new supplier of this product ?
I appreciate any help you could offer.

Also Can you suggest any other newsgroups I
could post this to, in order to get a larger audience ?

Thanks Maryanne

Posted to rec.food.baking

In article >,
"Mike" > wrote:

> I tried the Durkee brand from wal-mart, but
> it has poor flavor. The stuff I like best is alcohol based.
> Does anyone know what I am talking about?
> Can you guide me to a new supplier of this product ?
> I appreciate any help you could offer.

Wow, didn't even know they had a black walnut extract; I've always used
the nuts themselves.

It's listed he

<http://www.bisonfarm.net/store/index.html?loadfile=item19.html>
(check the popup) It's listed, but no guarantee that it's in stock. I
don't see it in the Watkins catalog, so it may be a discontinued flavor.

--
to respond (OT only), change "spamless.invalid" to "verizon.net"

<http://www.thecoffeefaq.com/>

black walnut chickadee feed Wm Watt Preserving 0 28-12-2011 05:58 PM
Sugar-Free Black Walnut Ice Cream MacLeod, Kathleen Recipes (moderated) 0 06-10-2006 11:13 PM
1729 Black walnut cake Joseph Littleshoes General Cooking 13 14-04-2006 01:00 AM
No Black Walnut? Alan S Barbecue 0 31-01-2006 08:18 PM
REC: Black Walnut Cake Charles Gifford General Cooking 3 02-10-2004 01:04 AM