Posted to alt.food.asian
ggg

Default How do I make that CHINESE hot almond drink without corn starch

I heated hippie Almond Milk and it didn't do it for me. Also, I
couldn't find it without vanilla flavoring.

Posted to alt.food.asian

ngredients :
Sweet Almond 150g
Bitter Almond 20g
Small Rock Sugar 120g (approx. 5 tbsp)
Evaporated Milk 150ml
Water 1 liter

Steps :
1 - Wash almond, soak for 2 hours
2 - Blend almond with 1 liter of water
3 - Use a clean dry towel to strain off the pulp
4 - Pour the filtrated almond juice into a pot
5 - Add in sugar, stir well and cook
6 - Add in milk when juice is boiled, turn off fire
7 - Pour into bowl, serve

Remark :
1 - You can add in some cooked lotus seed, white fungus, or bird's nest
2 - If you like more thicken, add in 1 tbsp of water chestnut powder
(step 5)
3 - somebody do not use milk, they will use 100g glutinous rice, soaked
and blended together with almond

Posted to alt.food.asian

The Chinese hot drink does not taste like steamed milk with orzatta so
I don't know how accurate this recipe with canned milk is.

corn starch as thickener Allan Matthews General Cooking 28 09-02-2010 03:32 PM
Silly question..Corn flour/corn starch biig General Cooking 11 25-04-2007 12:26 AM
messy corn starch Wayne Asian Cooking 2 07-10-2006 04:40 PM
Chinese and corn starch Michael General Cooking 25 27-10-2005 03:34 AM
Corn Starch vs Arrow Root Steve Vegan 8 10-07-2004 12:45 AM