ggg > wrote:
> []required spice shopping so it remaind untested.

Spice and seed shopping can be fun. Google is your friend. ;~)

--
Nick, Cogito, ergo armatum sum

Thank a Veteran and Support Our Troops! You are not forgotten. Thanks.

ggg

Graeme...in London wrote:

> Emi Kazuko is a resident of London and is a member is a member of a
> friendship group that my wife is involved with. She is frowned upon by the
> Japanese members within the group as her books are so basic. In saying that,
> she held a sushi class at the beginning of this month that was particularly
> well received. She is respected, but her recipes can sometimes be basic.
>
> I also find her cookbooks extremely useful and extremely user friendly for a
> non native. FWIW, 2 other books that I find useful are The Classic Rice
> Cookbook by Junko Takagi (ISBN: 0-87040-968-9)

$28 new

and The Japanese Vegetarian
> Cookbook by Patricia Richfield (ISBN: 0- 7499-1412-2).

$10.17 new

Both should make
> welcomed additions to any budding Japanese food lover.
>
> --
> Graeme
> www.grocerytrader.co.uk

Great, I'm definitely going to get those if I graduate from the two I
already have.

I noticed with the Cafe Japan and the
bento one that similar or more current recipes and quality photography
are probably the sorts of things that are in Japanese magazines as a
matter of course. Chinese magazines have them but I can't read Chinese.
I find choosing a Chinese cookbook overwhelming.

I'm not sure I can afford
to indulge in more of her titles as they all do sound like foundation
but definitely Cafe Japan is not comprehensive. I'm not looking to be
thorough, I just need a boost as I am tired of cooking.

100 cookbooks? Please, no! jmcquown[_2_] General Cooking 36 02-04-2013 03:16 AM
New Cookbooks on Their Way Jeßus[_3_] General Cooking 2 30-03-2010 03:20 AM
Used Cookbooks The Cook General Cooking 3 05-08-2009 11:25 PM
Cookbooks aem General Cooking 0 12-12-2007 06:27 PM
cookbooks... ~*~ Bunny ~*~ Recipes 3 16-10-2004 03:40 AM