Posted to alt.food.asian

Default Chicken Feet

They sell these at my local Asian market.

If you put them in chicken soup do you eat them or are they just to enhance
the stock?

Posted to alt.food.asian

The Wolf > wrote:
> They sell these at my local Asian market.
>
> If you put them in chicken soup do you eat them or are they just to
> enhance the stock?

We eat them. Not the bones or toenails!

Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~ USMC 1365061
Posted to alt.food.asian

On Sat, 15 May 2010 14:07:18 -0700, The Wolf wrote:

> They sell these at my local Asian market.
>
> If you put them in chicken soup do you eat them or are they just to enhance
> the stock?

They can be used for both eating and flavoring. Or just flavoring
if the texture of eating them turns you off. They contain a lot of
collagen which makes for rich stock.

To eat therm, I prefer more flavor from slightly boiling, then
marinating, then stirfrying.

-sw
Posted to alt.food.asian

On May 16, 10:06 am, Nick Cramer > wrote:
> Sqwertz > wrote:
>
> > To eat them, I prefer more flavor from slightly boiling, then
> > marinating, then stirfrying.

> What Sqwertz said. Grilling them at the end is also nice.

With lots of ¼ÒÁÖ. And it's hilarious when your Seoul-mates complain how
hot they are while my husband and me (µ¶ÀÏ »ç¶÷µéÀº) had no problem at
all ...

Bye, Sanne (currently in Busan on our vacation).

Posted to alt.food.asian

sanne > wrote:
> On May 16, 10:06 am, Nick Cramer > wrote:
> > Sqwertz > wrote:
> >
> > > To eat them, I prefer more flavor from slightly boiling, then
> > > marinating, then stirfrying.

> > What Sqwertz said. Grilling them at the end is also nice.

> With lots of =BC=D2=C1=D6. And it's hilarious when your Seoul-mates
> complai= n how
> hot they are while my husband and me (=B5=B6=C0=CF
> =BB=E7=B6=F7=B5=E9=C0=BA= ) had no problem at
> all ...
>
> Bye, Sanne (currently in Busan on our vacation).

Continue to have a wonderful vacation, Sanne. Lots of good kimchee, eh?

Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~ USMC 1365061

Posted to alt.food.asian

On 21 Mai, 07:53, Nick Cramer > wrote:
> sanne > wrote:
>
> > Bye, Sanne (currently in Busan on our vacation).

> Continue to have a wonderful vacation, Sanne. Lots of good kimchee, eh?

Thank you! Well - the kimchees were best at the restaurant of an old
lady in Andong. But we ate lots of unusual mountain-herbs and seafood.
Hopefully, today it will be makkeolee and pajeon... X-)

Bye, Sanne (from Daejeon).