Korean Black Goat Stew recipe?

Old 11-03-2010, 07:20 PM posted to alt.food.asian

Default Korean Black Goat Stew recipe?

Hi everyone,
It's my first time here. Someone at rec.food.cooking
suggested y'all might be able to help me. I recently
saw a reference to Korean Black Goat Stew that is served
at a restaurant in NYC. Since I love goat and recently
found a local purveyor I'm looking for some new recipes
to try. I like lots of Korean foods so I was hoping to
find this recipe.

However, I searched every-which-way I could think of on
the internet and came up with zilch!

Would anyone out there happen have a recipe for the
goat stew or know where to find one?

Thanks,
Kate

--
Kate Connally
If I were as old as I feel, Id be dead already.

Old 11-03-2010, 09:40 PM posted to alt.food.asian

Hi everyone,
It's my first time here. Someone at rec.food.cooking
suggested y'all might be able to help me. I recently
saw a reference to Korean Black Goat Stew that is served
at a restaurant in NYC. Since I love goat and recently
found a local purveyor I'm looking for some new recipes
to try. I like lots of Korean foods so I was hoping to
find this recipe.

However, I searched every-which-way I could think of on
the internet and came up with zilch!

Would anyone out there happen have a recipe for the
goat stew or know where to find one?

While I ask my brother to ask his family in law, you might want to
consider some Indian goat recipes such as a biryani. I know Indian
doesn't fare well with some people, but I think goat Indian style is
one of the better confluence of flavors out there.

Cabrito also makes a killer green chili stew.

You should be able to find a lot of goat and cabrito (kid) around
this time of the year - Easter. And yes, rabbit, too (just after
Easter).

-sw

-sw

-sw
Old 11-03-2010, 11:14 PM posted to alt.food.asian

It's my first time here. Someone at rec.food.cooking
[...]

I'm not Kate, but I love Indian food (I cook a lot of Indian food) and
I love goat meat (although I don't think I've ever had an Indian dish
with goat meat in it).

But alas, I can almost never find goat meat for sale.

--
Ken Blake
Please Reply to the Newsgroup
Old 12-03-2010, 02:22 PM posted to alt.food.asian

i can take or leave goat, but really like rabbit, Lee

Old 12-03-2010, 04:29 PM posted to alt.food.asian

Ken Blake wrote:

But alas, I can almost never find goat meat for sale.

If you have a halal market or butcher around, they should always have
goat. A decent Mexican market should have kid (cabrito).

-sw

Old 25-05-2010, 12:21 PM
Banned

I tried the Black Goat stew at Sahn Maru, Oakland. I think it was fantastic! As for how to make it, i definitely have no idea, im sorry. You have got to try it!