Posted to alt.food.asian

Default Korean Black Goat Stew recipe?

Hi everyone,
It's my first time here. Someone at rec.food.cooking
suggested y'all might be able to help me. I recently
saw a reference to Korean Black Goat Stew that is served
at a restaurant in NYC. Since I love goat and recently
found a local purveyor I'm looking for some new recipes
to try. I like lots of Korean foods so I was hoping to
find this recipe.

However, I searched every-which-way I could think of on
the internet and came up with zilch!

Would anyone out there happen have a recipe for the
goat stew or know where to find one?

Thanks,
Kate

--
Kate Connally
Until you bite their heads off.”

Posted to alt.food.asian

On Thu, 11 Mar 2010 14:20:11 -0500, Kate Connally wrote:

> Hi everyone,
> It's my first time here. Someone at rec.food.cooking
> suggested y'all might be able to help me. I recently
> saw a reference to Korean Black Goat Stew that is served
> at a restaurant in NYC. Since I love goat and recently
> found a local purveyor I'm looking for some new recipes
> to try. I like lots of Korean foods so I was hoping to
> find this recipe.
>
> However, I searched every-which-way I could think of on
> the internet and came up with zilch!
>
> Would anyone out there happen have a recipe for the
> goat stew or know where to find one?

While I ask my brother to ask his family in law, you might want to
consider some Indian goat recipes such as a biryani. I know Indian
doesn't fare well with some people, but I think goat Indian style is
one of the better confluence of flavors out there.

Cabrito also makes a killer green chili stew.

You should be able to find a lot of goat and cabrito (kid) around
this time of the year - Easter. And yes, rabbit, too (just after
Easter).

-sw

-sw

-sw
Posted to alt.food.asian

On Thu, 11 Mar 2010 15:40:07 -0600, Sqwertz >
wrote:

> On Thu, 11 Mar 2010 14:20:11 -0500, Kate Connally wrote:
>
> > Hi everyone,
> > It's my first time here. Someone at rec.food.cooking
> > suggested y'all might be able to help me. I recently
> > saw a reference to Korean Black Goat Stew that is served
> > at a restaurant in NYC. Since I love goat and recently
> > found a local purveyor I'm looking for some new recipes
> > to try. I like lots of Korean foods so I was hoping to
> > find this recipe.
> >
> > However, I searched every-which-way I could think of on
> > the internet and came up with zilch!
> >
> > Would anyone out there happen have a recipe for the
> > goat stew or know where to find one?

> While I ask my brother to ask his family in law, you might want to
> consider some Indian goat recipes such as a biryani. I know Indian
> doesn't fare well with some people, but I think goat Indian style is
> one of the better confluence of flavors out there.
>
> Cabrito also makes a killer green chili stew.
>
> You should be able to find a lot of goat and cabrito (kid) around
> this time of the year - Easter. And yes, rabbit, too (just after
> Easter).

I'm not Kate, but I love Indian food (I cook a lot of Indian food) and
I love goat meat (although I don't think I've ever had an Indian dish
with goat meat in it).

But alas, I can almost never find goat meat for sale.

--
Ken Blake
Please Reply to the Newsgroup
Posted to alt.food.asian

i can take or leave goat, but really like rabbit, Lee
"Sqwertz" > wrote in message
> On Thu, 11 Mar 2010 14:20:11 -0500, Kate Connally wrote:
>
>> Hi everyone,
>> It's my first time here. Someone at rec.food.cooking
>> suggested y'all might be able to help me. I recently
>> saw a reference to Korean Black Goat Stew that is served
>> at a restaurant in NYC. Since I love goat and recently
>> found a local purveyor I'm looking for some new recipes
>> to try. I like lots of Korean foods so I was hoping to
>> find this recipe.
>>
>> However, I searched every-which-way I could think of on
>> the internet and came up with zilch!
>>
>> Would anyone out there happen have a recipe for the
>> goat stew or know where to find one?

> While I ask my brother to ask his family in law, you might want to
> consider some Indian goat recipes such as a biryani. I know Indian
> doesn't fare well with some people, but I think goat Indian style is
> one of the better confluence of flavors out there.
>
> Cabrito also makes a killer green chili stew.
>
> You should be able to find a lot of goat and cabrito (kid) around
> this time of the year - Easter. And yes, rabbit, too (just after
> Easter).
>
> -sw
>
> -sw
>
> -sw

Posted to alt.food.asian

Ken Blake wrote:

> But alas, I can almost never find goat meat for sale.

If you have a halal market or butcher around, they should always have
goat. A decent Mexican market should have kid (cabrito).

-sw

Banned

I tried the Black Goat stew at Sahn Maru, Oakland. I think it was fantastic! As for how to make it, i definitely have no idea, im sorry. You have got to try it!